IGNORED

Every Thread

WHY SO NEGATIVE?? :angry:

People are pissed off at the moment, we finished high in the league, a place in europe and they want to see us build on it.and it's not happening. I think some are forgetting that signings from last year were taken against the TV money from this year. Some fans were expecting a spending spree and it has'nt happened.

I imagine it's because people have opinions which is what a forum is for, and it's fitting that fans be negative when the club is being negative.

Will you stop playing the fuckin opinions card on me Mark, my opinion is a positive one and every thread whatever the topic for the past 2 weeks has turned negative and ended up banging on about what everyone at the club is doing wrong dispite no one actually having the slightest clue of what is actually hppening behind closed doors.

There are 4 or 5 people who over the past 2 weeks have turned every thread into the same boring and highly speculative moaning. Now like you piont out "people have opinions which is what a forum is for" so all you doom and gloom merchants respect that and stop turning every thread into a constant moan about hypothetical situations and assumption. There are people here who want to look at the positives and believe that the management are doing everything they can at this point in time to prepare us for next season!

No you need to respect there are devided opinions & stop forcing every thread to concentrate on what you want to talk about.

I do respect that. I havn't stopped you saying what you to say and I havn't forced anyone to talk about what I want to talk about at all, people have their own minds.

i'm with mark on this one. he's voicing his opinion, there's no harm in making yours heard. if the threads are negative well then that should either tell you something or give you some sort of push to change it. we are pissed off because the club doesn't seem to be going anywhere, everyone around us is spending and i know we don't have the money but that's always the excuse we need to tie up deals sooner before we get gazumped like it appears we may do with richarsdson and sunderland. we pay good money to watch the games, buy the shirts and even a lot of us have evertontv each month and what are we seeing in return? very little...not saying there's nothing potentially on the cards...but it is a bit worrying and me and mark are not the only people that are frustrated and worried.

as mark said it's opinions, if we feel the club is negative and that we aren't making progress then we are right to voice those opinions, it doesn't help when you create topics like this and try to argue against it and force, what can be sometimes perceived to be, blind optimism into our heads.

Edited by CraccerC

i'm with mark on this one. he's voicing his opinion, there's no harm in making yours heard. if the threads are negative well then that should either tell you something or give you some sort of push to change it. we are pissed off because the club doesn't seem to be going anywhere, everyone around us is spending and i know we don't have the money but that's always the excuse we need to tie up deals sooner before we get gazumped like it appears we may do with richarsdson and sunderland. we pay good money to watch the games, buy the shirts and even a lot of us have evertontv each month and what are we seeing in return? very little...not saying there's nothing potentially on the cards...but it is a bit worrying and me and mark are not the only people that are frustrated and worried.

as mark said it's opinions, if we feel the club is negative and that we aren't making progress then we are right to voice those opinions, it doesn't help when you create topics like this and try to argue against it and force, what can be sometimes perceived to be, blind optimism into our heads.

I'm forcing nothing just asking you to stop taking every thread off on a tangent to get your point accross, that is forcing your opinions on people not the other way round!

I'm forcing nothing just asking you to stop taking every thread off on a tangent to get your point accross, that is forcing your opinions on people not the other way round!

If I or anyone else makes a comment perceived to be negative then it is your decision to accept it or challenge it, that's the point of an opinion. If a thread is going on a negative tangent all that says is that there are more people worried and angry than not. So how are we forcing are opinion? If a majority of the peopel are posting are in agreeance then we aren't forcing anything...if you want the threads tobe more optimistic maybe you optimists should get a louder voice.

If I or anyone else makes a comment perceived to be negative then it is your decision to accept it or challenge it, that's the point of an opinion. If a thread is going on a negative tangent all that says is that there are more people worried and angry than not. So how are we forcing are opinion? If a majority of the peopel are posting are in agreeance then we aren't forcing anything...if you want the threads tobe more optimistic maybe you optimists should get a louder voice.

So I need to spend all day disagreeing with posts made that are backed up by assumption & rumour rather than negative minded members appriciating everyone else has a voice too??

By adding an negative tint to every thread then defending your corner vigorously isnt having an opinion its suppressing that of others.

Nobody is forcing you to read or agree with topics you dont agree on are they?? Wheras if I want to come on this forum I'm being forced to read the negativity because it's in every thread which is a tad oppressive IMO, it's a like it or lump it selfish attitude from those who feel the need to push their negativity on everyone.

I'm not telling you to change your opinion just respect it doesnt need to be voiced in every thread.

I'm sorry but if you have a problem reading the opinions of other evertonians that's your problem. I've actually been much less negative this summer than last, but I'm worrying. If it was just me or just Mark being negative fair enough, but when it appears to be a majority of the posters, there's nothing you can do about it.

it's a forum it can't be anything but equal...if there were enough positive people the threads would be balanced or positive, but i don't see many.

mark and myself make points about freedom of opinion.. if you optimistis want more optimism then act upon it, however, when you come out and say 'you're wrong' then it's a bit hypocritical when you are trying to argue that we should respect opinions. we're just stating we're worried and if there's ore negative so be it, because that's how evertonians feel right now...we're not forcing anything, you on the otherhand tell us we are wrong and make a topic about it trying to do what? enlighten us, change are minds, look at things from a different perspective? i have no idea, but it just seems pointless to me...there's nothing to debate, if there's a lack of optimism then that reflects the views of the active members of the site.

Look everyone on this forum has been in the minority when talking about an issue sometime or another, you just get on with it and keep voicing your opinion. For eg myself, you and Stevo were pretty much the only ones who wanted us to go for Barton when everyone else was against it. But none of us moaned that we were the being shouted down or whatever then, so why now?

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one and think everyone else's stinks. We are TT not bluekipper or NSNO, and as such we should behave like the thinking Evertonians that we know ourselves to be.

The whole joy of this forum is we tend to fall out with each other, but it doesn't take long to play nice again. In my time I have fallen out with so many people but it is just a difference of opinions.

I have just done a course in conflict resolution, sometimes conflict is more productive than resolution. I suppose what I'm saying is by all means differ, just don't start throwing mud and start with silliness, we are above it.

It is good to be back.

ATB

Mac

Look everyone on this forum has been in the minority when talking about an issue sometime or another, you just get on with it and keep voicing your opinion. For eg myself, you and Stevo were pretty much the only ones who wanted us to go for Barton when everyone else was against it. But none of us moaned that we were the being shouted down or whatever then, so why now?

It's a decent example to use Mark we did want Barton and we did fight our corner where applicable but we didnt go around shooting down every other thread sayin Barton was the answer or Barton is better than him we discussed individual targets separatly. At the moment every thread rergardless of the subject always filters down to how Moyes is letting each target slip away. Each target has been specifically discussed in their own thread. We have several other threads discussing lack of money, weather it's Moyes or the board etc so does every topic need to end like that??

It just hit home to me this afternoon that it's basically off topic posts in alot of threads that are getting on my tits not anyones opinions. All I wanted to do with this thread was highlight that there are planty of threads available to slag whoever you want off just let's not do it in EVERY thread please! Hence the title!

I'v hit a brick wall as I expected but I wouldnt want it any other way like you have both pointed out this is a forum and we all have opinions. Just sit back and stop assuming I'm having a dig or demanding you conform because theres nothing further from the truth. All I want is everyone to respect the topic and its creator and stop taking things down another route because your pissed off with the club at the mo. Your entitled to your opinions but I'm entitled to read a thread and have a discussion with someone without having to leave it because someone else wants to drag us back onto the moyes & money subject. It's swings and roundabouts and I do think that the doubters amongst us are pushing their opinions a little at the moment and not giving other subjects room to breath, the negativity is also based massivly on speculation and assumption!!

fair enough, but I don't think, with exception of one or two occasions, that many people are going off topic on a neg rant. I try to stay on topic in most instances except in the rumour thread.

but I agree with Mac, so let's just let it go and if there is negativity off-topic from this moment on then you have my backing to warn people or edit posts, but if it's just general on-topic negativity then there's nothing you can about it.

fair enough, but I don't think, with exception of one or two occasions, that many people are going off topic on a neg rant. I try to stay on topic in most instances except in the rumour thread.

but I agree with Mac, so let's just let it go and if there is negativity off-topic from this moment on then you have my backing to warn people or edit posts, but if it's just general on-topic negativity then there's nothing you can about it.

Whats "Shinin"? :unsure:

reading through all the topics lately (oh, im optimistic at the mo, just so people know) i think that the negativity stands out more because people have more points for being negative, where us optimists cant go in there with a long list of why were optimistic