IGNORED

Top 50 Transfers

Arsenal licker, made a profit of £22million within a few seasons.

Not about zat knight being "crap" but the price he was bought at, he's played international football and all for free + tracksuits LOL

Not on one player, if so who was it. ??

I stand corrected, (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes) by someone other than the poster who made the claim.

Have just looked through them and noticed Anelka was there, so indeed that has to be the best transfer of all time........

Unless you know any different. :D

I stand corrected, (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes) by someone other than the poster who made the claim.

Have just looked through them and noticed Anelka was there, so indeed that has to be the best transfer of all time........

Unless you know any different. :D

How about 3K for legend or even the nev southall price wasnt bad for our apperance record holder

Arsenal licker, made a profit of £22million within a few seasons.

Not about zat knight being "crap" but the price he was bought at, he's played international football and all for free + tracksuits LOL

Then if thats the case, why is essien on there? i mean yeah he's done well but he hasnt fully justified the £24M tag yet.

Then if thats the case, why is essien on there? i mean yeah he's done well but he hasnt fully justified the £24M tag yet.

Its because he is one of the worlds best players and if it wasnt for him last season, playing in all different postions then chelsea wouldnt of finished 2nd, he was excellent last season.

Its because he is one of the worlds best players and if it wasnt for him last season, playing in all different postions then chelsea wouldnt of finished 2nd, he was excellent last season.

Im not having that, hes fookin good yer, but, the more you pay the more likely you are of getting a good player, hes lived up to expectations. Now if you cost 1mil from some unknown club I'd be impressed

i'm with zed on this one...no way on earth should essien be on that list. he's only played one season that doesn't go anywhere near justifying 24 million. if in 4 or 5 years time he's the best player in the world then maybe. but you can't be on a list like that after 1 year unless you either make a massive return for a club or you cost buttons ... arteta was a better buy than essien by fucking miles

• 4 weeks later...
i'm with zed on this one...no way on earth should essien be on that list. he's only played one season that doesn't go anywhere near justifying 24 million. if in 4 or 5 years time he's the best player in the world then maybe. but you can't be on a list like that after 1 year unless you either make a massive return for a club or you cost buttons ... arteta was a better buy than essien by fucking miles

100% agree with ya

• 3 months later...
and essien cost over 10 times more. if essien at 24 is one of the best signings ever, then i'm jenny from the block.

Essien cost ten times more because his form for Lyon had been so impressive, whereas Mikel wasn't really pulling up any trees for Sociedad. Then you add the fact that moneybags Chelski and Arsenal and Man Utd were all bidding for Essien and the price inflates even further. Hell, most likely half of Europe was bidding for him, whereas not many - if any - of Europe's big guns would have been bidding for Arteta.

Football is a supply and demand market, and it seems that players the ilk of Essien are in short supply. Arteta has been great for us, but even then not so much this year, whereas when most people look at Essien they realise this fella can be world class for most teams.

Edit: I'm not saying that I think he is one of the top 50 transfers of all time btw, just that I can see why he would be called that. In fact, I'm more about saying that it doesn't make much sense to compare his and Arteta's transfers to each other. Perhaps compare Essien to Chelsea with Veron to Man Utd? That would seem a tad fairer based on the particular situations involved.

Edited by Calico