IGNORED

Fernandes Very Close

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just seen somthing bad on the sky sports link if we dont sign him by the time of Benfica's Champions League match he won't be able to play in Evertons UEFA Cup :angry:

I think it has nothing to do with date of signing. He has been already in that 25 named Benfica playerlist on uefa CL and he cant play any other euro competition in any other team.

EDIT: I might be wrong and ill hope i am cause i dont think manny wants to tranfer without eurogames

Edited by LexKing

I think it has nothing to do with date of signing. He has been already in that 25 named Benfica playerlist on uefa CL and he cant play any other euro competition in any other team.

EDIT: I might be wrong and ill hope i am cause i dont think manny wants to tranfer without eurogames

No he has to play some part in the game to make himself ineligible for another team, read somewhere (can't find it now) that he'd been named in the squad but hadn't joined up with it. Looking hopeful.

(edit...found it on the beeb site "Benfica have named Fernandes in their squad for Tuesday's Champions League qualifying match against FC Copenhagen - but did not join the rest of the team on Monday.

If he does play, Fernandes would not be eligible to play for Everton in this season's Uefa Cup - and that could scupper a deal. ")

Edited by MikeO

Found the regulations in question.

Regulations of the UEFA Cup

17.07 Excluding the three rounds of the UEFA Intertoto Cup and the UEFA Super Cup, and subject to paragraph 17.18 below, a player may not play UEFA club competition matches for more than one competing club in the course of the same season. A substitute player who is not fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the same season’s UEFA club competitions, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present Regulations.

17.17 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2008 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club competition matches for another competing club in the current season may exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded:

− in the same competition for another club,

− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current season.

In short:

If Benfica dresses Manny tomorrow but doesn't play him, then there are no eligibility issues and we could use him in the UEFA Cup as soon as we get him with no problem.

If Benfica actually puts Manny out on the field tomorrow, then we couldn't use him in the UEFA Cup for the first round or the group stages, but if we got to the knockout stages we could add him to our roster in January under the "exceptional registration" provision of 17.18, UNLESS Benfica got knocked out of the Champions' League early and ended up playing in the UEFA Cup themselves at some point. Then we wouldn't be able to use him at all because of the "same competition" restriction.

I think Everton have agreed a fee with Benfica for their 50% stake in the player.

Question has to be now much for the Benfica 50% stake and are we also buying the other 50% of the player, and if so for how much (as it doesn't actually have t be the same price we pay Benfica for there 50%)

I have heard so may figures being banded about for the Benfica 50% from £4M to £9M.

I actually thing the £9M figure quoted is 9M Euro's which is basically £6M - the most widely used figue for the Benfica 50%.

I don't really have a problem with us owning 50% of the player - as long as WE control his contract and sale in the future if that is what we want to do.

If he is worth £12M, then I don't have a problem with us only paying £6M - 50% of a player can't take to the pitch, so you get the whole player for half the capital. OK if he becomes a £30M player, then we only see half the money, but equally if he is a flop we don't lose possibly the best part of £8-£10M. Can't have you cake and eat it. But again as long as we control the contract and future sale.

Manuel Fernandes set to seal Everton move

Aug 14 2007

by Nick Smith, Liverpool Daily Post

Manuel Fernandes

EVERTON are on the verge of breaking their transfer record by completing the signing of Manuel Fernandes today.

The Portuguese midfielder last night withdrew from the Benfica squad for tonight’s Champions League qualifier after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Fernandes is now poised to decide on a permanent switch to Goodison and Everton hope to tie up the deal before tonight’s Premier League trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

They have agreed to pay the amount – believed to be £9million – which requires Benfica to release the 50% they own of the player, who scored twice in the nine Premier League appearances he made on loan at Everton last season.

Thought might have heard something from Everton by now or at least cofirmed reports that he has been seen in the uk.

With all the reports from various newpapers and websites kind of thought that Everton would have come out and said something

Thought might have heard something from Everton by now or at least cofirmed reports that he has been seen in the uk.

With all the reports from various newpapers and websites kind of thought that Everton would have come out and said something

Everton only state things when its done, never before as they used too and often looked foolish when a deal fell through!

Didn't with Baines said that it was getting there and that it was close and then that it had been agreed and also with Vogal and then I even think with Pienar they said he was due in for talks.

Think only one this season that not said anything on until all done was Jags

Guest blueboy122

theres lots of rumours that people have seen him at Manchester airport and he is at Goodison now to start personal term diccusions. Dont shoot the messenger!!

Yeah just seen that at the bottom of this

Everton manager David Moyes is closing in on Portugal midfielder Manuel Fernandes as he attempts to increase the competition in his table-topping side.

Defeating Tottenham 3-1 on Tuesday night sent Everton top of the Premier League - for 24 hours at least - and it may be difficult for any newcomer to break into the team after their performance at White Hart Lane. And ex-Preston boss Moyes wants to strengthen his team.

He is keen to bolster his squad before the transfer window closes at the end of the month - if he can find the right players to bring to Goodison Park.

"That's what I need, competition to keep those players on their toes," said the Scot.

"The players have asked for the competition, I'm hoping to get it, and I'm hoping to make it even stronger again if I can."

Fernandes, who was on loan at Goodison last season, did not feature for Benfica in their Champions League qualifier against FC Copenhagen, meaning he will be eligible for Everton's UEFA Cup campaign.

"As far as I know, Benfica have accepted our bid," said Moyes.

Good news

Guest blueboy122

i am pretty sure he will be ours and probably unveild in the next day or two. I am happy about this transfer but its just everton take ages just to complete one transfer!