IGNORED

Most Capped

Fozastuta

Get Up to date Louis that was about A year ago, Speed has played about four more games than Nev, think he is just short of 100.

As of October 12, 2006, the players with the most caps for Wales are:

# Name .......... Career ........ ..Caps Goals

1 Neville Southall 1982 - 1997 92 0

2 Gary Speed 1990 - 2004 85 7

FOZ, yeah sorry mate i "cheated". :D

I apologise Louis, fancy me taking that Crown off our own Big Nev.

After doing a bit more Research i find that he retired in 2004 :o, I thought he was still playing, so all these reports saying he is the Most capped player are WRONG and the above post contains the right information.

Gary Speed

Wales's most capped player, who is a player-coach for Bolton.

Born:

08 SEP 1969

Place of Birth:

Mancot, near Hawarden

Biography:

The ex-Wales captain has taken the next steps in his football career by becoming a player-coach for Bolton. Gary -( Wales' most-capped player), his 85th and final appearance coming against Poland in October 2004 - took up a part-time post nurturing Wrexham FC's Under-15 squad in summer 2006 before gaining his coaching qualification.

Gary, who has played for Premiership teams Leeds, Everton, Newcastle and Bolton, is well known in the region, living near Chester, and supporting his son's local junior football team.

Midfielder Gary began his career with Leeds United, before moving to Everton in 1996, for £5.5m. He moved to Newcastle in 1998, and then on to Bolton for £750,000 in July.

After retiring from international football, the respected footballer was recommended by ex-Wales coach Mark Hughes to take up the vacant post but he continued as a player.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...