IGNORED

Fifa 08

J*A*C*K*E*L*Z

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the demo from Xbox Live I know its a demo but its not much an improvement on Fifa 07. Still getting it though. New leagues New player registrations (maybe they will actually have Arteta) going to be good though i can see myself spending most of my free time on this game and my free time is nearly all the time! :P Does anyone actualy know why Arteta isnt registered on Fifa 07. :bike:

while i was lucky enough to get my copy a day early i'll give a quick review.

as with the last fifa, it is just an ugraded version of the previous years game. the graphics are identical, the kits and boots have been upgraded and all the usual bits and bobs. even the menus are the same, but with updated colours.

but it seems a lot of time has been put into the match play. where as old fifa games every shot hits the target (or near enough) and every pass hits your man, every ball weighted perfect. not anymore, a lot of emphasis has been put on this by the looks of it. there is a wider range of pass this time round, distance is also controlled by the player, man selection has changed(a couple of times i found i had selected the GK and made a right mess). on a whole you are alot more involved, and take control of the team more than ever.

Everton - still no Goodison Park. transfers are as of 25/8/07. so we dont have yak or tommy. strangely enough, we have one manuel fernandes!!! also wessells, jags, pienaar and baines. on the youth side, we've got vic an jv as before, being joined by lucas j, boyley, vidarsson and JPK also makes an appearance.

on the whole i like it. the game play seems to be catching up on PES. anybody who is already a fifa fan will be happy, PES fans may be pulled in a little too.

EDIT: james vaughan is now white :huh:

Edited by StevO

Moyesy must be training him too hard then if he's lost all colour in his cheeks. It's good to see Kissock getting a bit of recognition though. I think they bring out transfer updates if you have xbox live though - I'm not sure though. PES 6 has annoyed me now though.. I have a team and around five of the squad are no longer in it. Wright, Beattie, Pistone, Naysmith, Weir have all left since it was out and you can't transfer them in game.

as with the last fifa, it is just an ugraded version of the previous years game. the graphics are identical, the kits and boots have been upgraded and all the usual bits and bobs. even the menus are the same, but with updated colours.

but it seems a lot of time has been put into the match play. where as old fifa games every shot hits the target (or near enough) and every pass hits your man, every ball weighted perfect. not anymore, a lot of emphasis has been put on this by the looks of it. there is a wider range of pass this time round, distance is also controlled by the player, man selection has changed(a couple of times i found i had selected the GK and made a right mess). on a whole you are alot more involved, and take control of the team more than ever.

Everton - still no Goodison Park. transfers are as of 25/8/07. so we dont have yak or tommy. strangely enough, we have one manuel fernandes!!! also wessells, jags, pienaar and baines. on the youth side, we've got vic an jv as before, being joined by lucas j, boyley, vidarsson and JPK also makes an appearance.

on the whole i like it. the game play seems to be catching up on PES. anybody who is already a fifa fan will be happy, PES fans may be pulled in a little too.

wouldn't say catchin up, id say on par or surpassed

pro evo is a let down recently

dont have it yet, what rating do arteta and lescott get?