IGNORED

Metalist Kharkiv

Sandman

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rekon 4-0, I really think are team will hammer them, Donesk or Kiev would have been a totally differant tie in Russia. Dont think these have got much tbh

OK!....If this was the case,does anyone think that we should rest a couple of players...

...with extra games and still not a huge squad.For example have the likes of Arteta

on the bench just in case we need him,or Yakubu and play Anichebe,with the Yak ready

if need be.Would be good for Anichebe and maybe one or two other fringe players.

OR perhaps play our strongest team,and if injured or jaded for the weekend match

tough!....Shouldn't they be able to play extra games?

If the first leg goes really well,can Moyes resist giving McFadden,VDM and Hibbert etc,

a good runout!

surely using the entire squad this season is a must,like the game away at Sheff Weds?

If I was moyes I would say to A.J would you like a rest for this game or do you want to play, im sure he will want to play but we could rest him and play Yak + Victor up front. Pienaar should start. Neville on the bench (moyes tells him he's resting him haha) Hibbo rightback, jags center mid with graveson.

I think he will play his strongest side and will be disappointed if he Doesnt, we dont want to go out again after two games.

We dont know an awfull lot about them, and to finish 3rd behind Donesk and Kiev is no Disgrace.

This could be a potential banana skin, and i hope DM treats it seriously, the time will come (Carling Cup) when he can rest a few in the following weeks, and this game could be Ideal for AJ to bag a couple to Boost his confidence.

I think he will play his strongest side and will be disappointed if he Doesnt, we dont want to go out again after two games.

We dont know an awfull lot about them, and to finish 3rd behind Donesk and Kiev is no Disgrace.

This could be a potential banana skin, and i hope DM treats it seriously, the time will come (Carling Cup) when he can rest a few in the following weeks, and this game could be Ideal for AJ to bag a couple to Boost his confidence.

That is definitely the way to go. Definitely play the strongest team in the first leg and if we have a big lead (say 4 or 5) then we can rest a few players, but keep the main nucleus of the strongest 11 playing.

That is definitely the way to go. Definitely play the strongest team in the first leg and if we have a big lead (say 4 or 5) then we can rest a few players, but keep the main nucleus of the strongest 11 playing.

No question. Not the time to be taking risks, the group stage is a must, and then with three out of five moving on from there we've got to fancy our chances.

I can see it being a really tight game. I think many are underestimating these Ukranians.. it was only last year that Brazil and Man City's Elano was playing in the Ukraine.

Yer and so was Shevchenko years ago, Kiev or Donesk would have been a harder tie but there the only 2 challenging teams in there league ( no disrespect Metalist fans )

We should win comfortably overall but the tie in ukraine should be tough and as for there only being 2 teams in the ukraine, sorry thats silly, metalist finnished only 2 points behind donetsk.

1 Dynamo Kyiv © 30 22 8 0 67 23 44 74 CL 3rd Qualifying Round

2 Shakhtar Donetsk 30 19 6 5 57 20 37 63 CL 2nd Qualifying Round

3 Metalist Kharkiv 30 18 7 5 40 20 20 61 UC 1st Round

4 Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 30 11 14 5 32 24 8 47 UC 2nd

Don't want to alarm anyone but before we get over-confident....looking at the bookies odds and Metalist are 150-1 with Skybet to win the cup (more with others admittedly). That puts them on a par with Copenhagen, Zurich, Rapid Vienna and Heerenveen and well more fancied than sides like Aberdeen (250-1). Hardly rates them up with Bayern and Villarreal but they're no minnows that we're going to walk over.

They have to put the pirces down so more people will go, I can only see us gettin 25,000

who are you kidding!

we had a full house against dinamo and we were dead and buried before the game even started!

if we can get 36k against blackburn, what makes you think we can only get 25 for metalist?

Gota put out the strongest squad. Think Tommy Grav could play a pivotal role this season, looked strong against Bolton, the kinda player we need if where looking to be a serious European side. I cant wait to see us back where we belong and I think (as always) we'll shit 'em!!! 3-0 really cant predict the scorers, so I'm not goin to! Although as ive just bought the away shirt with Yakubu on the back he owes me a few lol!

Gota put out the strongest squad. Think Tommy Grav could play a pivotal role this season, looked strong against Bolton, the kinda player we need if where looking to be a serious European side. I cant wait to see us back where we belong and I think (as always) we'll shit 'em!!! 3-0 really cant predict the scorers, so I'm not goin to! Although as ive just bought the away shirt with Yakubu on the back he owes me a few lol!

Just got the home shirt with Yak on the back :) I can see it being a full house like but Im very confident in our side compared to theres.

ok i feel like adding my thoughts after reading some others.

over recent years our team have based success on battling and being mostly underdogs, we've then earned respect and are now favourites more often. their manager is spot on when he says we have 1 of the best teams in england, we do. however, individuals we don't have too many of, and that's why IMO sometimes we struggle to dominate ad/or finish off lesser teams. considering that, and considering that we know nothing at all about this team (besides the fact that they finished behind 2 very good teams)we cannot go into this game without giving this team the respect they obviously deserved. we are a good team, but the class isn't always their to dominate, so i think those saying this will be an easy win, being blindly optimistic. this team deserves respect and i expect this to be a close game. don't judge a teamthat you know nothing about...don't forget what happened a few yars ago. the way leg with the journey is going to be very hard on both teams, which is why we must send ot our strongest team and try and gain the early advantage IMO.

that being said, I am optimistic that we will win, but I am not dismissing this team in the manor that I have seen some on here and other forums. if you don't respect your opposition and you don't give it 110%in europe, you're not going to go far.

2-0

Hello to all Everton fans...i feel like i'm a veteran of British football forums since i'm registered in 4 different clubs' boards but what can i do when all our teams including my Dnipro play British clubs this reason?! and i like British football so much i want to talk or help with info to all...so though i'm not a Metalist fan i'll gladly share any info with you

well to give you an impression of the team, they were a surprise last season but failed at the start of this season..they just started to gain it back...the huge problem for them will be lack of confidence, the team hasn't played in Europe for about 15 years so they will come out shivering at Goodison. Best players: Rykun MD (if not drunk), Nwoha FW, Zeze FW, Devic MD, Fomin FW