IGNORED

Gongs For Rs

MikeO

I've put this in "Off topic " because it has nothing to do with football....

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has criticised the omission of the club from the sporting New Year Honours.

Parry labelled the decision "little short of staggering" after Liverpool came from 3-0 down to beat AC Milan in the final of the Champions League.

"The decision to overlook key Liverpool players despite our magnificent achievement was frustrating," Parry told Liverpool's official magazine.

"What do you have to do to be recognised by the powers-that-be?"

The England cricket team's Ashes success resulted in captain Michael Vaughan becoming an OBE while the rest of the side were appointed MBEs, including Paul Collingwood, who only appeared in the final Test.

"The achievements of the legendary Bob Paisley were never truly recognised"

Rick Parry

Parry added: "I don't want to take anything away from the England cricketers and their wonderful Ashes success against Australia.

"But the fact that the inspirational efforts of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher in helping us win the Champions League were effectively dismissed is little short of staggering."

The Liverpool chief executive said this was the second time the club had been snubbed after winning a European trophy.

"Of course, we have been here before," he said.

"The achievements of the legendary Bob Paisley, the most successful English club manager of all time and three-times European Cup winner, were never truly recognised.

"My own bemusement now comes full circle to encompass the failure to recognise the achievements of the Anfield boys of 2005."

What a prick. For a start the majority of the team are not British (or Commonwealth) subjects...and to compare the achievement of a club side in a club competition against the England cricket team is absurd.

"I don't want to take anything away from the England cricketers and their wonderful Ashes success against Australia. " he says...then follows it with a ..."But..." What a pathetic, childish idiot. Perhaps he should try holding his breath until he gets his way.

Edited by mikeo

I find this opinion absurd, give Stevie la an MBE for captaining RS to european glory, what do we award the England football team with when they win the world cup?

RS staff, fans & players can not seriously rate the two achievements on the same level can they?

Then again it is them and they will cry they are hard done to over everything when in fact they get their own way more than most. :angry:

bobby charlton got his knight hood years after he retired from football. he never complained

Spot on. As well as most of the 66 team

Its a load of shite, national sides yes, local sides no

The only part of the whole argument is the Bob paisley snub, when fergie, I mean Sir Alex, get knighted for a treble, however, the later is a due to the modern area and popularity of footy

If anything, I think Toffeelicker deserves a knighthood for putting up with Everton for all these years

Guest fozzie22
Spot on. As well as most of the 66 team

Its a load of shite, national sides yes, local sides no

The only part of the whole argument is the Bob paisley snub, when fergie, I mean Sir Alex, get knighted for a treble, however, the later is a due to the modern area and popularity of footy

If anything, I think Toffeelicker deserves a knighthood for putting up with Everton for all these years

Well said

And yes,bob paisley should have gotten a knighthood for his record at the shite.

But football's sexy now,and back in bob's day it wasnt..it's just shit really,they should round the royals up put em in a feild and bomb the fucker,that'd put an end to the arguments over who gets an honour or not.