IGNORED

Kirkby Residents On The Move..

Louis

Yeah i'm with Mike on this one, i think they are pissing against the wind.

EFC have been given the green light by Knowsley Council and by 60% of the supporters, its just a case of how Quickly they can set the plans in motion, The Club didnt want to look at any other option before, so i dont see any reason for them to alter their way of thinking now.

As Mike said, a handfull of residents are no match for the Council who want this to go through, and EFC who want it to go through even more so.

I have said before the only thing that will stop this Stadium going ahead, is if LCC together with some investors come up with a better deal than the Tesco deal, thats the only way they are going to make Everton think twice.

so what do you want from efc if there is no kirkby move...and we cant rebuild Goodison.

how long before we build a new stadium 5yrs 10 yrs at what cost....500 million maybe, get real a move now is our future.

Did he say he didnt want to move now????

We all want to move it's just a large section of our fan base can see the way this has been handled we can't possibly be getting the best for our club!

There's three partners in this kirkby deal and as far as I can see we gain the least of the three and we are a multi million pound business who should be demanding more not accepting tesco value.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum (remember that??)!

so what do you want from efc if there is no kirkby move...and we cant rebuild Goodison.

how long before we build a new stadium 5yrs 10 yrs at what cost....500 million maybe, get real a move now is our future.

I need to get real because my view differs from yours? I'll bear that in mind. Once you see that this sparkly new stadium will not be filled and that it will actually be detrimental to our finances not a help you'll change your tune. But by that time it'll be a bit late won't it? Wyness is living in a fairy tale land with the shit (lies) he's been spouting. Have you noticed how many times the figures have changed? Or by the fact he said Tesco would be putting money into the building of the stadium but leahy said they won't be putting any money into it. This whole thing stinks to high heaven and it will be us the fans that feel it, not business man Wyness. If getting real means I see a total end of Everton competing then I'd stay out of the 'real' world.

i think it isnt big enough unless bestway move out ....and i think this is bestways motive give up the loop site and get new more accsesable premises for themselves.

leaving the lcc with a waste ground to move efc onto ..otherwise what do bestway get out of this move.

Yeah that's exactly what is planned. There was a KEIOC meeting in town on Saturday where LCC & the construction company looking at the site confirmed we could easily build a 48,000 seater stadium with the option to expand to 60,000 at a later date.

What you just wrote pretty much highlights how little attention you've actually paid to the other options!

Did you have a vote? If so do you mind me asking which way you swayed?

no i didnt have a vote but i am a season tkt holder but i would have voted for kirkby.

other options as far as im aware there is only 2 /3 if you modernise Goodison which would be my 1st selection but it is landlocked.

So even tho you dont know anything about the opposition you still know how you would have voted yes, don't you think thats a bit nieve??

As a side issue why didnt you get a vote if your a season ticket holder???

Edited by GoldfishMemory

im sorry patto, but i think you may have not really looked into the options or the details of them.

and it seems your lying about the season ticket or you would have been given a vote

Have to disagree with you Stevo, I have known Patto for a great many years and have gone to hundreds of games with him.

His view on the Kirkby move , or any of the other options might be open to question, but you should certainly not question his integrity.

When i phone him and let him know i will be journeying up for a game, He or his brother goes to the ground and gets me a ticket in advance, so you should'nt call him a liar.

I can guarantee he is a ticket holder.

Why didnt he get a voting slip ?..................................... I dont know, but i do know there are plenty of others who didnt.

Have to disagree with you Stevo, I have known Patto for a great many years and have gone to hundreds of games with him.

His view on the Kirkby move , or any of the other options might be open to question, but you should certainly not question his integrity.

When i phone him and let him know i will be journeying up for a game, He or his brother goes to the ground and gets me a ticket in advance, so you should'nt call him a liar.

I can guarantee he is a ticket holder.

Why didnt he get a voting slip ?..................................... I dont know, but i do know there are plenty of others who didnt.

If that's the case why arnt these people speaking out and showing up the board for what they are?

Fact the vote was won on just over 2000 votes so if legitimate voters never even got a form how can the vote be taken seriously by anyone, it's a farce IMO.

very friendly here arnt we one calls me nieve and one calls me a liar..re the nievety i actually no the chairman of the k.e.i.o.c mr dave kelly personaly.

as for the season tkt i acctually have 2 why i never got a vote i dont know i was told by a certain member of this forumn that you needed to be a member for the past three years i e season tkt holder.

Don't get funny over me calling you nieve when your initial post was telling Mark to get real!!

I do honestly believe with your apparent lack of undersanding regarding the other options that casting a yes vote would be nieve. I think the majority of yes voters are similar to yourself in that they have believed the scare mongering & propeganda from the club and infact voted for a stadium move rather than moving the club to kirkby. What people seem to have missed is a yes vote gets us Kirkby whereas a no vote would have got us the very best option available which may have been kirkby in the end but at least the board would have been forced to put aside this stupid argument with LCC and do the best for the club!!

As for the voting form issue I don't care which way you would have voted but if thats the case will you ever trust our board again? They have issued voting forms for the biggest decision we as Evertonians have ever made and you were entitled to 2 forms & got none, doesnt that stink you you??

For your info forms should have been sent to any supporter who has held a season ticked during any time in the past 3 years.

Just getting back to the Ballott Liam, if you have a close look at all the Figures they dont add up anyway.................

Number of voting packs dispatched.. .36,662

Number of votes received............... .25,761

Total number of valid votes..............25,698

Number of votes found to be invalid.. 63

The Result

Yes. 15,230 59.27%

No.. 10,468 40.73%

only 63 votes found to be invalid. 25.761 people voted out of a possible 36.662.

That leaves 11.00 people who either didnt get a voting slip or just couldnt be bothererd to Vote.

Something for KEIOC to investigate maybe, 11.000 Peeps is an awfull lot.

listen i dont want all the arguing i just want a new stadium.im now sitting in seats that i dont really like simply because they are not obstructed views and im sure many stay away for that reason.if we end up at the loop thats fine ill still go. Goodison would be even better.

as for kirkby its further away but ill still go.

I'm not arguing mate you opened with a get real comment I just felt and now feel stronger that maybe it is you who should get real although I wouldnt have put it like that.

It's the people who couldnt be arsed questioning the clubs lies who have given an aging board of directors who wont be with us by the time we move the go ahead to move us from an amazing city under large scale regeneration to a retail park on the edge of town!

very friendly here arnt we one calls me nieve and one calls me a liar..re the nievety i actually no the chairman of the k.e.i.o.c mr dave kelly personaly.

as for the season tkt i acctually have 2 why i never got a vote i dont know i was told by a certain member of this forumn that you needed to be a member for the past three years i e season tkt holder.

i didnt mean to be personal or nasty in questioning you being a season ticket holder, but your the only ticket holder i know who did not get a vote.

and if there are many people who didnt get a vote i am extremely suprised this hasnt been brought into the public eye sooner!

again, sorry if any offence was caused, its just a VERY strange senario

i dont think the comment get real is offensive...and as for the ageing board the club has never looked in better shape since the 80ts...and as for the lcc and the amazing city regeneration..they are doing it on the backs of foriegn labour and traveling men not local labour.but thats another story.

The club is looking better on the pitch and worse in the board room than it has looked for may years IMO!

I wonder who many people voted NO to the move because they weren't really sure?

I think a lot of people who didn't total understand the full implications of the move,which

must number many thousands,and after reading some of the things written on forums

and the like....would have been swayed towards the no vote?

Right or wrong in the long run, the YES group at least had conviction.....I wonder how

many of the NO votes were just playing safe/undecided?

My point!........True figures for those really not wanting to move may be many less!

Just a thought.

Me,I didn't have a vote....I would have voted NO to that move.....but respect those who

have decided with a YES!......

If everybody stands by the team,and follows them wherever they go.....then that will show

What Everton are all about.

It's esay to follow a team that get everything they want.......get bucket loads of luck....

ie rs glory hunters.

That's why one is worth twenty......think this move will be the time to prove that!

Right or wrong in the long run, the YES group at least had conviction.....I wonder how

many of the NO votes were just playing safe/undecided?

My point!........True figures for those really not wanting to move may be many less!

I believe it's the complete opposit and the yes group consists largly of scared people who snatched at the first opportunity because they believed it was all or nothing.

The Majority of no voters I know would gladly go to Kirkby if it was the only viable option but the club have refused point blank to deal with LCC meaning we arnt getting the best deal but the only deal. Thats wrong the club should have laid all cards on the table and allowed a proper debate and competition between the different sites & comercial partners IMO. That would have ensured the very best for our club & its fans!!

....there is the possibility of European regeneration funds within the city.....

Would seem not...

THE final grant from Merseyside’s Objective 1 fund was last night awarded to help pay for Liverpool Pier Head’s new Mersey ferry terminal.

The European investment fund is putting £3.7m into the building which will cost £9.3m.

Developer Merseytravel is investing £4.6m into the project that will replace the 1960s terminal with an architect-designed terminal.

The award of the final Objective 1 grant will bring to a close an investment programme that has seen more than £1.5bn of European funds invested in over 6,400 projects over the past 13 years.

Merseyside was made an Objective 1 area in 1994 after it was revealed that the region’s economic output was less than 75% of the European average.

The Brussels cash has helped pull Merseyside from the bottom of Europe’s poverty league.

....or is there another source of European money?