IGNORED

World Cup 2006

Whos going to win the world cup this year ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Whos going to win the world cup this year ?

• Brazil
    • England
    • Germany
    • Argentina
    • Italy
    • France
    • Holland
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Czech Rep
    • Sweden
    • Usa
    • Australia
    • Mexico

I think Argentina currently play some attractive & powerfull football. However, theyre likely to all hate each other come world cup time & whimper away.

Much like the Dutch do every 4 yrs ( build up an awsome squad of talent, that wont talk to each other, look @ each other etc).

We do have a decent chance..If we dont bottle it.

That's are usual prob..BELIEF....Brazil werent better than us last time out...But they believed they were, we Bottled it & the rest is history.

( perhaps the newer breed, lampards ,terrys etc can bring a bit of that Mourinho arrogance/ belief in to the squad - no doubt he ahs his players believing in their own ability- Gerrads wona euro cup, Bex been @ madrid etc..seeibng these guys arent of a super human specie)

Pretty even tournament this 1. Now doubt sum one will suprise us all..who?...and their are prob 6 or more nations that can gen win it.

The being played in Europe hoodo thing hangs over the Sth Americans, though I doubt they willr ead to much in to it.

And the winner is.........

Plus the fact that he is not good enough. At this moment he is way down the pecking order..........Defoe, Andy Johnson, Owen, and dare i say it THE FLAGPOLE,ACROSS THE PARK is ahead of him at the moment. Rooneys a cert so its any 2 out of about 4 other strikers.

But if before the season ends he scores 20 goals, he might be selected into the squad.

i think rooney and owen are our strongest pairing, the lack of ariel ability doesnt bother me, coz we do have some of the best feet in football, backham, cole, lampard, gerrard, we dont need to head the ball :lol:

but i hope defoe find his form again, he is better than all the other candidates, and i wish Sir Fergie would fuck off with smith in the midfield, the lad is a natural finisher, if he was playing upfront reguarly then crouch wouldnt get in above him either

Guest fozzie22

Time to get real boys,we've no chance of winning the world cup,we will as ever make it the quarter finals,maybe even the semi's,but as always we will flatter to decive.

Its the english way

When you look at the brazilians its hard to see anyone better

Skill, mentality, flair, ability, depth

WOT HAVE THEY GOT........ THEY'VE GOT THE LOT

I can't see us winning it (although would love to!) - we are too complacent and we often look very lazy on the ball. Beckham in the holding midfield role doesn't work for Real or England as he is too 'long ball' and the midfield is too good for chasing the long ball.

I just can't see us turning over the likes of Brazil/Italy/Germany/Argentina during a competition.