IGNORED

Oh No...

Andy

by playing neville in CM? thatll work lol

Yes, he'll keep posession, command the middle of the park and play countless killer passes to Johnson

----------------Wessels-------------------

Hibbert---Yobo---------Lescott---Baines

Arteta---Jagielka---Gravseson----Pienaar

-----------Yakubu-------A.J-----------------

Im hoping for that team ^

But the team will be the same that started last week.

Edited by Blue4Ever

To be honest if we can't bet the 'mentalists' comfortabley in our own back yard tonight, we don't deserve to be in Europe. No matter if we have two or three players missing, we should still win by a couple of goals at least.

Resting AJ may not be a bad idea if he has a knock - with the possibility of bringing him off the bench.

To be honest if we can't bet the 'mentalists' comfortabley in our own back yard tonight, we don't deserve to be in Europe. No matter if we have two or three players missing, we should still win by a couple of goals at least.

Resting AJ may not be a bad idea if he has a knock - with the possibility of bringing him off the bench.

Comments like that from Evertonians make me chuckle, although I agree with the sentiment we scraped through the 90's and early years of this new millenium by beating teams who should "on paper" have been spanking the arse off us.

Never underestimate the spirit of the underdog in games like this!

Exactly StevO,

^^ Really tho we should be beating teams like this comfortably.

COYB!!!

Teams like what? Have you seen them play?

They came third last season to 2 regular champions league teams and not just teams there to make up the numbers either the Ukraine representation in the CL have hit the group stage at least every season for the past few years!

Their league may be shit but it's a bit like scotland where you have 2 or 3 teams who can take anyone on their day they just play a shit standard of football each week in the league.

or rather by claiming key attacking players are injured then having them on the team sheet when the time comes!

personally I think it's more a case of Moyes dropping players but trying to suggest that they're injured. McFadden deserves his chance and Johnson should be dropped due to his poor scoring record, no one should be automatic choice unless they are doing the business. Arteta has been very poor by his own standards last couple of games so Moyes maybe wants to give him a rest or maybe he does have a slight knock so why risk him? Rest him and get him ready for the bigger match at the weekend. We should be able to beat a poor team without Arteta, or what hope is there? Pity Gravesen isn't fit, I think he would definitely have played. Hope McFadden gets some decent service, felt sorry for him against Blackburn when we spent the whole match hoofing everything in sight - but he still scored.

Everton's European adventure begins without Player-of-the-Season Mikel Arteta.

The talented Spanish midfielder, who has received the Player-of-the-Season accolade in each of the last two seasons, suffered a foot injury in training on Wednesday and is not included in the 18-man squad for the visit of Metalist Kharkiv to Goodison.

Despite media reports, striker Andrew Johnson is included in the starting line-up for the Blues for the first round, first leg clash.

Thomas Gravesen and Tim Howard, who missed Saturday's defeat to Manchester United through injury, are still sidelined by knee and finger injuries respectively.

James McFadden comes into the starting line-up, with Phil Jagielka dropping to a bench that includes summer signing from Swindon Town Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Stefan Wessels continues in goal and Lee Carsley returns to the side after being rested at the weekend.

i'm going to beat mark to the punch here, WHY THE EXPLITIVE DELETED IS CARSLEY IN THE TEAM!

Everton's European adventure begins without Player-of-the-Season Mikel Arteta.

The talented Spanish midfielder, who has received the Player-of-the-Season accolade in each of the last two seasons, suffered a foot injury in training on Wednesday and is not included in the 18-man squad for the visit of Metalist Kharkiv to Goodison.

Despite media reports, striker Andrew Johnson is included in the starting line-up for the Blues for the first round, first leg clash.

Thomas Gravesen and Tim Howard, who missed Saturday's defeat to Manchester United through injury, are still sidelined by knee and finger injuries respectively.

James McFadden comes into the starting line-up, with Phil Jagielka dropping to a bench that includes summer signing from Swindon Town Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Stefan Wessels continues in goal and Lee Carsley returns to the side after being rested at the weekend.

i'm going to beat mark to the punch here, WHY THE EXPLITIVE DELETED IS CARSLEY IN THE TEAM!

well 35 mins gone and typically inept performance from Everton, no creativity in midfield, little protection for the defence etc. I was hoping McFadden would be in the 'hole' behind Johnson and Yak, but instead he's shoved out on the right wing and facing his own goal all the time. Everton continuously attack down the right with Hibbo's terrible passing etc. What a difference Gravesen would make against these jokers. Yakubu looks so lazy, diving all over the place every time he gets touched as well. Poor so far, against a totally useless team and we still can't pass and move with any success.

well 35 mins gone and typically inept performance from Everton, no creativity in midfield, little protection for the defence etc. I was hoping McFadden would be in the 'hole' behind Johnson and Yak, but instead he's shoved out on the right wing and facing his own goal all the time. Everton continuously attack down the right with Hibbo's terrible passing etc. What a difference Gravesen would make against these jokers. Yakubu looks so lazy, diving all over the place every time he gets touched as well. Poor so far, against a totally useless team and we still can't pass and move with any success.

SPOT ON!!

Yakubu......was how much!......mind you Lescott was how much!

Baines,Yobo,Lescott....and the odd touch from Ossie, not much really is it?

Four words!...Arteta, Gravesen, Cahill and Vaughan......HURRY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOT ON!!

Yakubu......was how much!......mind you Lescott was how much!

Baines,Yobo,Lescott....and the odd touch from Ossie, not much really is it?

Four words!...Arteta, Gravesen, Cahill and Vaughan......HURRY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we're (desperately) missing Arteta, Gravesen, Cahill and Vaughan but even so, I am physically ashamed to support Everton watching matches like this. All these people on this site etc saying we should go more attacking, tonight just proves how absolutely abysmal we are attacking wise unless we have 5 in midfield or Gravesen playing. We play 442, 443, 424 tonight and every one we cant pass to a blue shirt. Yakubu and Johnson are an absolute joke, 20 million pounds and both are less effective than 2 players who've come through the youth team. Anichebe has come on and transformed the team, he's put himself about, actually JUMPED for some headers and been a threat - I hope he scores. We cant even pass against 10 men, oh and look Johnson has just hit the worst penalty the world has ever seen, why did he even take it? One of the all time worst performances, surely no other team in the premiership could play this poor? Baines is the only one who has actually passed the ball and looked comfortable on it. Is there anyone left who thinks Gravesen shouldnt walk into our team in midfield ahead of Carsley/Neville? Gravesen must be wondering how players paid all this money cant pass to each other. Baines and Yakubu must be wondering why they joined! I laughed when Metallist scored because they dont deserve to lose, they;ve been better on the ball all match than Everton. Shameful. and not for the first time (Blackburn, Reading, Bolton for most of it, Wigan for large periods, Utd etc). Come back Gravesen and SURELY Anichebe must start next time and come back Vaughan ASAP!

I know we're (desperately) missing Arteta, Gravesen, Cahill and Vaughan but even so, I am physically ashamed to support Everton watching matches like this. All these people on this site etc saying we should go more attacking, tonight just proves how absolutely abysmal we are attacking wise unless we have 5 in midfield or Gravesen playing. We play 442, 443, 424 tonight and every one we cant pass to a blue shirt. Yakubu and Johnson are an absolute joke, 20 million pounds and both are less effective than 2 players who've come through the youth team. Anichebe has come on and transformed the team, he's put himself about, actually JUMPED for some headers and been a threat - I hope he scores. We cant even pass against 10 men, oh and look Johnson has just hit the worst penalty the world has ever seen, why did he even take it? One of the all time worst performances, surely no other team in the premiership could play this poor? Baines is the only one who has actually passed the ball and looked comfortable on it. Is there anyone left who thinks Gravesen shouldnt walk into our team in midfield ahead of Carsley/Neville? Gravesen must be wondering how players paid all this money cant pass to each other. Baines and Yakubu must be wondering why they joined! I laughed when Metallist scored because they dont deserve to lose, they;ve been better on the ball all match than Everton. Shameful. and not for the first time (Blackburn, Reading, Bolton for most of it, Wigan for large periods, Utd etc). Come back Gravesen and SURELY Anichebe must start next time and come back Vaughan ASAP!

Totally agree with you. Gravesen should walk into the team. we needed him and Arteta today. Although why we "needed" them against an unknown Ukrainian team is beyond me. Put it down to tactics perhaps.

TERRIBLE performance. Set up for an arse wobbler over there.

Agree with all that has been said.

Awful performance........constant, straight long balls.....totally ineffective

Its all well playing 3 strikers but if we haven't got the ball how can we pass to them?? We never got near their midfield, and they fully deserved their goal.

All in all it was a very very bad day at the office for almost everybody concerned (a couple did well)

Away leg will be interesting as on the evidence of tonight Metalist can actually play football, something that we seem to be unable to do

I don't mean to rub it in your face people, you certainly know your players much better than I do and I do not dispute to what you have said, but I think that the reason you could not beat Metallist despite horrendous job by the referee (in my opinion) was because we came to Liverpool with nothing to lose. Nobody outside of Ukraine knows our team and nobody really respects us either (just ask that bum referee- 2 penalties, 2 red cards.....are you freaking kidding me?), but that is nothing new. We are not as good as Everton, but we have a lot of heart and I hope we proved it tonight. I hope that the match in Kharkov will show better football than this. I am not predicting anything; I just want to have a fair chance to play

I don't mean to rub it in your face people, you certainly know your players much better than I do and I do not dispute to what you have said, but I think that the reason you could not beat Metallist despite horrendous job by the referee (in my opinion) was because we came to Liverpool with nothing to lose. Nobody outside of Ukraine knows our team and nobody really respects us either (just ask that bum referee- 2 penalties, 2 red cards.....are you freaking kidding me?), but that is nothing new. We are not as good as Everton, but we have a lot of heart and I hope we proved it tonight. I hope that the match in Kharkov will show better football than this. I am not predicting anything; I just want to have a fair chance to play

Well if you manage to keep all your players on the pitch, and we bring the same team to

the Ukraine.....you will get your chance.

Credit to your players!How the hell they managed to play without laughing is beyond me!

No complaints from me about the ref.....fucked up with the penalty retake,but otherwise he

was ok!

Credit to your players!How the hell they managed to play without laughing is beyond me!

No complaints from me about the ref.....fucked up with the penalty retake,but otherwise he

was ok!

Oh, please!!! I was there and there were no reason for that penalty to be called to begin with... That degenerate ref. screwed up entire game. Shame, just shame.... Besides, how the hell can you laugh playing with 9 players against a power house like Everton?

On the other note, let me tell you people how much I was pleased to spend these 3 days in your city and feel your hospitality. Class act, Liverpool!

I hope most of those of you who will go to Kharkov can say the same.

That degenerate ref. screwed up entire game

Well if thst's what you think!......I think the ref was average....your team were average..

Everton were poor...

If Moyes leans a few lessons from this game, and has a few players fit for the secong leg

we will have a bit too much for you!......But good luck and glad you enjoyed your stay.