IGNORED

Metalist

MikeO

Not superstitious either but I stirred my coffee anti-clockwise, put on my lucky pants, hopped out of bed and took the stairs three at a time this morning. I won't be walking under any ladders or stepping on the cracks in the pavement.....don't mention the Scottish play and we'll be OK, probably. I hope :D .

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where I can watch this game online?

Here is a link:

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match3.htm

This seems to be the best live football site. But first you will need to download SOPCAST or perhaps TV ANTS (on left hand side of page). Download this way before game starts as it may take 20 or 30 mins. Then when the game is about to start just click on the link under Metalist v Everton.

It really is very simple but the quality is sometimes crap with picture freezes etc. I watched the 1st leg this way. The first hour was great but then the picture started freezing and was annoying but still better than watching some vidiprinter.

OH and its not guaranteed it will be English commentary, but perhaps thats not such a bad thing.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2183088,00.html

moyes hopes osman and johnson will be fit to play. obviously playing well isnt enough for mcfadden and pienaar if those 2 amazing individuals are fit.

This is what I don't get about Moyes. When he has his favourite players playing and we win he's happy to keep the same team, but if a couple of fringe players play well and we win he'll still bring his ass bandits back in. It's annoying.

This is what I don't get about Moyes. When he has his favourite players playing and we win he's happy to keep the same team, but if a couple of fringe players play well and we win he'll still bring his ass bandits back in. It's annoying.

Yer it annoys me, Osman shouldn't even be considered whilst recovering still, he's bad enough when fully fit. I hope Pienaar starts again, I would play A.J with yak tho, mcfadden could still come off the bench if Johnson not up 2 much, I can see A.J getting one today if he starts.

Glad to be back in England after watching our games over in Tenerife and apart from the Middlesborough game not playing very well.

Dm went for an attacking line up in the first leg but think it will be 4-4-2 with Mcfadden and Yaks up front.

Think that it will be the same team that played on Sunday and think that they will try to defend the score draw and we need to push them but be carfeful of the counter attack.

Tricky game but can't see a repeat of last season and can see us going through at 4 v 2

I agree with Adam that the same team as played on Sunday would be the safest bet. If AJ really has been injured, or whether he was out for a confidence thing, he will do well to start on the bench, let the game settle, and bring him on later in the game, winning or not. Surely this competition is too valuable to play favourites, the lads that played on Sunday did well. I would be gutted if I was Faddy and I was dropped to the bench tonight. He could very well become unsettled and want to go if this happens too often and I wouldn't blame him. I know he is generally inconsistent, but he is really turning it on for club and country at the mo and I think he could give us more if he is allowed to grow in the 1st team. He's earnt his place and he looks good with Yakubu. Would be madness to drop him tonight IMO.

I agree with Adam that the same team as played on Sunday would be the safest bet. If AJ really has been injured, or whether he was out for a confidence thing, he will do well to start on the bench, let the game settle, and bring him on later in the game, winning or not. Surely this competition is too valuable to play favourites, the lads that played on Sunday did well. I would be gutted if I was Faddy and I was dropped to the bench tonight. He could very well become unsettled and want to go if this happens too often and I wouldn't blame him. I know he is generally inconsistent, but he is really turning it on for club and country at the mo and I think he could give us more if he is allowed to grow in the 1st team. He's earnt his place and he looks good with Yakubu. Would be madness to drop him tonight IMO.

I dnt really no what I want, A.J or Faddy up with Yak will do me.

I Reckon the lineup will be:

-----------------Howard-------------------

Hibbo-----Yobo---------Lescott-----Baines

Arteta----Neville-------Carsley----Pienaar

------------A.J-----------Yakubu-----------

Has Graveson been training lately???

Theres no point in anyone thinking about dropping Yakubu untill he gets decent service we can't nock him because when we pelt 100 mph passes towards his head back to goal against a big tall center half, what is he suppost to do?

Edited by Blue4Ever

Theres no point in anyone thinking about dropping Yakubu untill he gets decent service we can't nock him because when we pelt 100 mph passes towards his head back to goal against a big tall center half, what is he suppost to do?

Completely agree......but tonight I think its going to be a mad, panicky game. Not the sort of game where we will be playing calm and controlled football, untill we score our 3rd that is :P

Reallly excited and nervous now...

Joseph Yobo has replaced Leighton Baines in Everton's side to face Kharkiv.

The young defender has dropped down to the bench to accomodate the return of the Nigerian international, with Joleon Lescott switching over to left-back.

There is also no place for Tony Hibbert, with Leon Osman returning to the side. That should mean either Phil Neville or Phil Jagielka switching back to right-back. The rest of the midfield will be made up of Steven Pienaar and Mikel Arteta.

Up front Yakubu continues alongside James McFadden, with Andrew Johnson not deemed fit enough to play in the second leg clash.

The bench is Wessels, Valente, Baines, Anichebe, Hibbert, Jutkiewicz, Carsley.

WTF is going on???

Why has Baines been dropped to then bench?

Baines is the most creative and forward thinking defender we had and his crosses could cause them all sorts of trouble. not to mention he can defend very well.

line up as much as they've told us:

Howard

Yobo

Lescott

Stubbs

Jags/Neville

Piennar

Osman

Arteta

Jags/Neville

Yakubu

McFadden

Johnson is still out.

Bench:

Wessels, Baines, Hibbert, Valente, Anichbe, Jutkiewicz, Carsley

bit of a suprise with Baines but the rest is no suprise. Shame Johnson isn't fit enough for the bench, midfield is resonable with 3 attack minded players, hopefully Osman can get involved just behind the strikers.

WTF is moyes doing dropping Baines + Hibbert. But I have to say he's done exactly what i would have done with the midfield it looks actually a decent midfield for once! maybe Baines has a slight injury, he probably doesnt but we dont no. Lets just get a few goals and play the ball along the floor and Yak will get a few and maybe Osman. COYB!

If we win the game the team selection is pure genius. Can see he wants his best defenders in (Yobo, Lescott) biggest influence (Stubbs) and most experience (Neville). Only Jags defensive among the front six so can see where he's coming from. Have faith (and hope :unsure: ).