IGNORED

Ashley Young

KillaGTiR

• 8 months later...

Think he plays mainly on the left wing if I remember correctly - and has a bit of pace about him. And from his goal scoring record is not shy in front of goal if indeed a left winger. It is probabley the side of the pitch that we lack a little.

If he is a natural left sided player and has a good season in the prem - then I would hope Moyes shows his cards and gets in early like he did this summer's transfer market. If he is a decent left winger then he would get in our first 11.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=14476

This link has him as a left back - but I think he is a winger

• 5 weeks later...

I dunno about him to be honest. There's no doubting his ability but he has a bad attitude. He's often arguing with officials and seems to dive.

For every burst of speed that leaves a sluggish defender in his wake, there is a pathetic stumble over a stray blade of grass, theatrically executed and generally quite successful in achieving its purpose. For every twenty-five yarder into the top corner, there is a volley of abuse at the referee.

• 3 years later...

Pretty unplayable yesterday - most villa fans I know have the same opinion as on here and would snap anyone's hand off for £20m - think the best move for him would be spain - in a less physical league he could look like he did yesterday on a weekly basis.

• 6 years later...
  • 6 years later...
22 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Too old in 2016 according to this thread!!!

In isolation this is very uninspiring but I’ll hold judgement until the end of the window… I’ve said that before - far too many times!!!

You'd think you'd learn by now. Townsend wasn't going to be a starter remember? :lol: 

When i first saw this i shouted ffs, and banged my head on the wall, then when the bleeding stopped and i calmed down, i decided maybe in the position we are in its not a bad idea. Out LB is not great, at defending, attacking or tackling, other than that i like him, our RB is at the end of his fantastic career at this club, and his understudy plays 3 games and is out for a month, so as bad as it is, a 38 year old who can play both positions is not such a bad decision in our current position.

The sad thing is the 2 people who put us in the worst place this club has been in the last 50 years are still in charge.