IGNORED

We Just Got 2.5 Million For Bent Hahaha!

djlduffy

Where is this info, cant find it any where on the web!

Edit:

Seen it on netaddicks but thats an unofficial web site full of gambling ads and i just got all kinds of naughty pop ups from there and a message to scan for spyware as my pc may be "infected".

Anything more official?

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Can't believe this great news hopefully this moneys put towards a young, quick goalscorer. Bent had lost it this season seemed very disinterested so 2.5 million is better than i ever thought we could get for him. Now it's up to Moyes to use the money wisely and with the african nations coming up we might be able to find a bargain there.

i think it's quite true... wait for the official announcement today.

With sale of 2.5 million pound of Bent, DM must buy a new striker with pace and shots on goal more than Bent and McFadden.

A partner for BT also as we are concerned.

Edited by jared

Let's not be harsh on Kenwright on this matter about Ipswich gettinga percentage. After all, that is a clause that buying clubs use to keep down the basic/upfront fee. Would you have expected us to make a profit on Bent - I know I wouldn't have expected it.

However, if we do sell Kroldup at a significant reduction on what we bought him for then questions need to be asked.

nice one marcus, good luck!

£2m profit? thats the first bit of good business ive seen at efc in all my 21 years

lets pray for a replacement

To TRUE, just see how things are changing we actually sell a bought in player for a profit. As for the percantage to Ipswich ( 250K) that is pretty much standard practice, lets face it , I though we'd have to give him away

Guest fozzie22
Let's not be harsh on Kenwright on this matter about Ipswich gettinga percentage. After all, that is a clause that buying clubs use to keep down the basic/upfront fee. Would you have expected us to make a profit on Bent - I know I wouldn't have expected it.

However, if we do sell Kroldup at a significant reduction on what we bought him for then questions need to be asked.

I'm always harsh on Kenwright

Mainly because he's a clown

Clubs have agreed a fee, but Bent hasnt agreed terms...........................not a deal yet.

Its sad really - he could have made a name for himself at Goodison.

I thought that he had a good touch and stupid amount of pace - but he never really had the heart. I hope that a move resurrects his career for him (but not for us)

£2.5m is a good bit of business by Moyes. Hopefully he will get his hands on all of the cash and it enables him to buy somebody else to replace Marcus.

The downside to him moving is that we are another player short in our bare squad.

Lets sign someone --- please!

DM must have something lined up, can't believe we would let ANYONE go if he hasn't looked at the consequences

And as for 2 million profit on Bent, that is superb business by the club. Bent is an average premiership centre forward. ocassionally brilliant but more often than not falls short of the standard required.

He always starts well at a club and then loses interest (9 clubs in 10 years proves that)

He was the same at Leicester City, and will be the same at Charlton, plus from personal experience i can vouch that he is a complete nob-head :angry:

DM must have something lined up, can't believe we would let ANYONE go if he hasn't looked at the consequences

And as for 2 million profit on Bent, that is superb business by the club. Bent is an average premiership centre forward. ocassionally brilliant but more often than not falls short of the standard required.

He always starts well at a club and then loses interest (9 clubs in 10 years proves that)

He was the same at Leicester City, and will be the same at Charlton, plus from personal experience i can vouch that he is a complete nob-head  :angry:

personal experience - do tell!!

the ex-trainee Physio from Ipswich works at my place (Shell UK) and she said that he is a complete arrogant twat.

however - I hope that Moyes has somebody lined up to replace him...

Our squad was already at a minimum!