IGNORED

Hypothetical Kirkby Idea

Generally its pretty quiet with regard to the stadium move. Are LCC actually trying to sort something out for EFC within the boundaries?. And more to the point, would EFC bother to listen to any proposals anyway?

It seems to me that the main gripe Evertonians have with Kirkby is the fact its within Knowsley Borough Council and not LCC.

NOW I have just read something on Toffeweb that I didnt realise which was that the land for the proposed site is actually owned by LCC and not Knowsley.

So, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, IF the LCC boundary was extended to include the site but the running of the site (including any financial benefits) was somehow handed to Knowsley BC, would this appease us? Would this be a suitable compromise???.

Maybe its a silly idea but sort of works for me. However I dont think the 2 councils would compromise, or would they?

Not at all, I couldnt care less where the council boundry lies.

We are making a massive mistake business wise by moving from a city under major redevelopment to some waste ground on the edge of town. Boro, Derby, Bolton all horrible places to go and once you loose the passion in your crowd in a new stadium it all falls apart. Look at Bolton's 18,000 attendance last week!!

We must keep everton an active part if the city not an outskirts spectator watching anfield get a string of sporting events & concerts. They are the bastard son's of Everton why should we surrender the city and give them all that earning potential??

Not at all, I couldnt care less where the council boundry lies.

We are making a massive mistake business wise by moving from a city under major redevelopment to some waste ground on the edge of town. Boro, Derby, Bolton all horrible places to go and once you loose the passion in your crowd in a new stadium it all falls apart. Look at Bolton's 18,000 attendance last week!!

We must keep everton an active part if the city not an outskirts spectator watching anfield get a string of sporting events & concerts. They are the bastard son's of Everton why should we surrender the city and give them all that earning potential??

I hear what youre saying but Goodison is hardly "In the City" as such is it.

Makes the loss/mismanagemant of Kings Dock all the more painful.

I've borrowed this from a Mick1985 post on Nsno. It sums it up perfectly for me.

This really isnt about Kirkby being as viable as Kings Dock. Its about wanting people to clarify their arguments more.

At the moment the spin from the club (which i believe is justified in todays politically inspired football world) is not beiong met with the right kind of opposition. A lot of anti movers (and i include KEIOC as the cheif culprits here) are going about things in entirely the wrong way.

The anti-movers look like a bunch of neanderthal, sentimental, sabotaging buffons.

We dont want Kirkby because the stadium is only an improvement on obstructed views and NOTHING else. We dont want Kirlby because we feel the congestion, price of commute, length of commute and catchment area so not justify leaving Goodison park and certainly dont justify not spending extra to move closer to the city.

The reason we dont want Kirlby is NOT because we love Goodison so much and it should not be because Kirkby is some "hick town", "in the middle of nowhere" "another Ricoh arena", "in Tescos back yard".

even though all them statements might be true.