IGNORED

Recommending Films

Louis

I googled Louis Cypher and a lot's of lesbian sex came up...

Angel Heart seems like my kind of film.. good recommendation Mr Pat.

Has anyone seen Requiem for a dream? I watched it the other month and I thought it was fantastic. Sky Sports have stolen the music from the film so the musical score loses some of its edge but it's still excellent.

Angel Heart gained attention and controversy even before its release. Bonet was previously known for her role on the family-oriented The Cosby Show, and her extended, graphic and blood-drenched love scene with Rourke required being trimmed of several seconds to secure the film an 'R' rating on initial release.

Some blamed the controversy for Bonet's departure from The Cosby Show.

De Niro's character name is a word play. Must watch film to reveal.

Gonna suss Pans Labyrinth soon, Ps I also thought Magnolia was Top shelf :o

I've seen Pan's Labrynth......... it was similar to that David Bowie film.. Labrynth. I liked it - a lot darker than I expcted - never a bad thing. I think if it was in English then people would be raving about it but because it was subtitled a lot of people havn't bothered with it. I wonder why they didn't translate the name properly it should have been Labrynth of the Faun. It was made by the same director as Hellboy.

I worked out the LouCypher link ;) Magnolia - best thing about it was the unexpected 'rain' and Tom Cruise chanting - Respect the cock! And tame the twit! Tame it!

Also I am wanting to see The High Cost of Low Prices - it's about Asda and Walmart taking over the world and exploiting asian workers.

Snatch and Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrells are both very good.

i fear you underestimate the sheer brilliance of both of these films, very good is harsh on mr richie!

this is england = good

one of the most desturbing films ive seen, some of the racism is very hard to watch, made me think how would i react if i seen that kind of thing happen to a friend of mine.

took me two or three days the decide wether i actually enjoyed watching it, but any film that has you thinking about it for days says something to me anyway, ive had girlfriends not get that much attention; hard to watch, truely emotional, but very well put together, some great acting and an all round brilliant film.

disclaimer; if you ahve any sort of racial tendancies then please do not watch this film, someone might get hurt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

anybody a fan of Donnie Darco?

I remember reading a film thread on here a while ago where MikeO recommended magnolia... utter tripe! :(

Slander! Here's the thread..(link)..and I said nothing about it (never even seen it). You'll be hearing from my "no win no fee" lawyers in the morning Louis :D .

What's Oceans 13 like? Anyone?

Kinda gotcha mate, sounds like it's supposed to be a funny part of the film that backfired?

i fear you underestimate the sheer brilliance of both of these films, very good is harsh on mr richie!

I don't underestimate the brilliance of the films, I was just stuck for words to describe the films and very good was a poor adjective.

Have you seen that Revolver film? The follow up to Snatch... Is it any good?

I don't underestimate the brilliance of the films, I was just stuck for words to describe the films and very good was a poor adjective.

Have you seen that Revolver film? The follow up to Snatch... Is it any good?

I have and its crap

Better films I would recommend but not of the gangster variety are in no particular order

Amadeus

Fight Club

Deuce Bigalow

Blazing saddles

Schindlers List

And the very excellent

What Ever happened to baby Jane