IGNORED

Fc Nürnberg

MikeO

Lost at home yesterday to Stuttgart to keep themselves in fifteenth (of eighteen) in the German league with nine points from twelve games. Should be looking to win this, though a draw would keep us well on track. Advantage of winning though would be (as Licker's pointed out elsewhere) that it would virtually assure qualification and take a lot of pressure off the two UEFA games in a very crowded December.

We're on a roll...3-1 win. Yak x2 and JV off the bench.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's impossible to predict what team Moyes will put out for this one, he could either go to secure the group (as Licker said) or he could have one eye on the weekend clash with Chelsea (which is my gut feeling, based on Moyes comments before the Birmingham match that the league is the priority). Everton are playing catch up in the league and I just think that Moyes will want to go and try and win every game, if we play a full strength team midweek and then put out a knackered or lesser team against Chelsea then I think we have no chance. I'd personally risk trying to win both and possibly coming out with nothing, I believe in trying to win/draw every match. I think, unless AJ is GUARANTEED to be fit for Chelsea that Yak may be rested.

I know most people will think wtf but I think the team for Nurnberg may be something like the following:

451:

Howard

Hibbo, Yobo, Stubbs/Jags, Baines (if fit) - Lescott rested as he's played a lot of consecutive matches and some at fb

Neville

Arteta, Gravesen, Cahill, Osman/Pienaar

McFadden

442:

Howard

Hibbo, Yobo, Jags/Stubbs, Baines/Lescott

Arteta, Gravesen, Neville, Osman/Pienaar

McFadden, Vaughan/Anichebe/Yak

I just think Lescott may be given a break and Carsleys ageing legs, also possibly Cahill and Yak. I could be well off the mark but it's a hunch! Definitely think McFadden will play as he probably suits European football and I'd like to see Gravesen given a run out. :D

Edited by carlmc25

the team i think will play

Howard

neville... yobo... jags... lescott

carsley

peinaar... cahill... osman... arteta

yak

bench

wessels

hibbo

valente

gravesen

macfadden

vaughan

anichebe

(provided stubbs an baines are injured)

of course this is the same team that played mostly against brum

but i think it will be go there an get the job done

as with most other i'm going with 2-1.

If you look at their league table they've not had any trouble scoring goals but have conceeded a lot.

also most of our clean sheets have come when Stubbs has been playing and he makes an important difference especially in a game where we may get to attack quite a bit if we outplay them.

Right then,

I decided to get around all the Everton tickets being cancelled and the stupid Ebay UK rules by joining the Ebay.de german site as it is not against ebay rules to buy football tickets with a german ebay account (I have a german bank account as I currently live in Erlangen which is about 15 mins from Nuremberg working from Siemens).

I have bought 2 tickets for me and an extra 6 genuine tickets that are valid for the game on thursday.

The only thing is that they are not in the end where Everton fans are, they are in all areas of the stadium (some of them have got really good pitchside seats!)

These will no doubt sell quick, if not on here then outside the stadium.

I have paid on average €60 per ticket and am only askin €80 per ticket for the mither i have gone to getting them.

email me if your interested: nicholasdanny@hotmail.com

I am going the match myself so will meet you at the game with the tickets or in Nuremberg prior to the game. 8)

I'm starting to get nervous now. I really hope we can get something out of this game as our next two are going to be alot harder. Even Zenit at home will be a tougher game. If we can pick up any points here then it will give us a good chance of progressing.

Has anyone seen footage of Nurenburg play? Misimovic is a classy player, we need to be carful against him, especially in set pieces. He plays like cahill and is good at making late runs and scroing headers.

anyone heard anything about the fitness of baines? we need him for this game.

oh wait, just read that baines is in. but vaughn is out becasue of a thigh strain

Edited by jamiemaher85

Their coach (Hans Meyer) is having a go at some reverse psychology by the look of it...

Pressure is mounting on the charismatic veteran coach, who believes Everton are "playing in a different league".

He said: "Everton have a very strong side and they are in great shape.

"We will not watch them too much on tape because we already have a lot of respect for them. We'll speak about their strengths as they don't have any weaknesses.

"I know for a fact that we would not finish fifth or sixth in the Premier League even if we were injury-free all season long.

"The financial difference is huge. They have already had a good team and then invested 25 million Euros - do they already have Euros in England?

"It's like Bayern Munich and us - there is a huge difference but that does not mean we are unable to beat them on a certain day."

Meyer will again be without Greek international Angelos Charisteas, who is nursing an ankle injury, as well as long-time injury victim Robert Vittek (knee). Javier Pinola (shinbone) and Lars Jacobsen (groin) will also be missing.

Meyer is hoping to turn an ill-faded season around with a win on Thursday.

"I hope we finally get a much-needed victory," he stated. "If eight of 11 players don't play to their abilities we will not have a chance. Everton are very strong - both individually and as a team.

"We need to raise our games to keep up with them. It will be a good experience for us."

Underestimate your opponents at your peril!.......Hans Meyer's poor little team could never beat the mighty Everton <_< ......could they Hans :rolleyes:

I think Moyes has been trying to get VDM fit for a european game or two with some reserve matches.Perhaps McFadden also will play a part.Might just be able to rest a couple for Chelsea.

Underestimate your opponents at your peril!.......Hans Meyer's poor little team could never beat the mighty Everton <_< ......could they Hans :rolleyes:

I think Moyes has been trying to get VDM fit for a european game or two with some reserve matches.Perhaps McFadden also will play a part.Might just be able to rest a couple for Chelsea.

I can see moyes resting Yak for Chelsea, I think Vaughan is an obvious starter against Chelsea but Id like yak to play aswell and 442 against chelsea isnt the best thing to do is it. Vaughan will frighten the life out of the chelsea back 4 so id definatly play him. maybe play Yakubu tomorrow and Vaughan saturday? its a good thing moyes has a headache over who to play upfront I didnt think we would ever get that haha.

To continue in europe then a win is needed against perhps the slightly lesser of our opponents!

I'd start Yakubu Thursday as he does seem to be getting better with games.Against Birmingham we(at 1-1)ran out of ideas, until Gravo and Vaughans fresh input, so I'd say have those two for sure on the bench and use them if need be.At the same time they,if they don't come on should probably start against Chelsea.Unless Yakubu scores a couple and looks on fire he must be prepaired to let Vaughan have a go.

Maybe the German formation and their tactics will allow Moyes to go for two up front, it would be another chance to try that formation perhaps with a view to using it where and when suited.

It will be a way to beat some teams and can't be overlooked just to try and get the best out of Cahill.A good manager will change things around when they can.......trouble is against Birmingham not bringing on fresh players to trouble them nearly cost us points!