IGNORED

Lee Trundle

Seen a couple of reports today that we are preparing a bid for him.

Says that we have not bid for him and thye hope he will sign a new contract but things change quickly in football.

BLUEBOYS21 Where are you. We need some inside info please mate. Come back to us

I really can't see 'silly money' Moyes parting with £1.2M for a player who has only played 6 months of First divison football, played most of his football in second division, is 29 and has no pace.

He only put in a £1.5M for Earnshaw who has three hot Championship year, and 14 goals in a Prem season.

Just can't see that sort of money being paid. But the player is WORTH that to SWANSEA - as he could be the difference between Championship and first divison football to them next season.

Agree with Rob here 1.2 for a second division or what ever it is these days is silly especially a 29 yr old with no pace.  he may be able to show boat but look at what he is show boating against

I'm of the opinion that if we've not signed anyone by the end of the season and Trundle is available for about 1 million he's worth a punt. He's knows how to score so if that keeps us up 1 million would look like a steal.

Keeps us up, is it that bad?

I'v got a season ticket and i go away when i can and at no time this season have i ever been worried about us going down!

Who knows, the teams below us seem to be buying players and we seem to be losing players. i'm not saying marcus Bent had that much influence (if any as it goes) but i'm just worried if we lost Beattie to an injury we'd be playing a half fit Ferguson and Cahill up front.

However you look at it we need another striker and if Trundle is what we can afford i think it's worth a go.

Who knows, the teams below us seem to be buying players and we seem to be losing players. i'm not saying marcus Bent had that much influence (if any as it goes) but i'm just worried if we lost Beattie to an injury we'd be playing a half fit Ferguson and Cahill up front.

However you look at it we need another striker and if Trundle is what we can afford i think it's worth a go.

Dont get me wrong, i think Trundle is worth a punt too but i dont believe we are any worse now than we were at the start of january. We have sold Marcus Bent who i dont think deserved to ever pull on the royal blue again and possibly sold Kroldrup who has not played all season!

Honestly i dont think selling those two will make one single ounce of diofference to our team apart from possibly freeing up some cash for a few second rate signings. The squad was small anyway and surely some of the kids can do as good a job as "i cant be arsed" Bent and Kroldrup!

I think the real issues with the squad are typical Everton, we spend money dont get any success and then have to sell off our players to pay back the money its bad management at board level and needs sorting.

I think Lee Trundle may leave Swansea if Everton try to sign him....

Their club had just signed a new striker, Fallon and that leave 5 strikers competing for 2 places.

And Trundle still hasn't sign a new contract, so DM has a good chance of securing a 1.2m deal for the player. Give him a 2 years contract, Trundle would be happy to sign.

We are short of strikers. once(Touch Wood) BT gets injured, we have only McFadden who is not good enough as a replacement. Big Dunc is not 100% fit and Vaughan still injured. Unless DM pushes Anichebe to the first team.

He would be a good addition to the squad... Let's wait and see

Guest fozzie22
I was just coming on here to say that after readin that they had signed another striker.

Time is running out very quickly at the moment. DM HAS to have something in the pipe line or as far as I am concerned he has shot himself in the foot.

Lets hope it wasnt BT with the gun aimed at DM's foot..he'd miss.. ;)

SORRY :D

Afraid TRUNDLE WONT HAPPEN......been injured for a month now and wont be fit for another 3 weeks, since he has been injured SWANSEA HAVENT WON A GAME. shows how much they will miss him, or maybe its a ploy to keep him out of sight till the window closes.

Would like to give him a try, if we cant afford any one else, seems he misses quite a few games during a season though. remember last season missed the first 6 games of season, but still finished with 25 goals. has only got 17 from 17 games this seaon. :o

29 years old but good for a 3 year contract on cheap wages, We have two centre halfs older than that, would like to see him here just for his showboating. :) and only a couple of days to go.

It really is not looking good.

The problem is that even if we try to sign someone now they are going to put the price up as it won't leave them with long to bring in a replacement and they know that we need to bring in a striker or to.

Can't understand why we have not gone abroad to bring in one on loan, if we can't get one from here int he lower leagues.

You would have thought that with the world cup people are trying to play as many games as possible.

I know DM has said that he wants to improve the squad but sometimes you need to bring in people to add to the numbers. Nothing wrong with doing that if they are only on loan.

We took a chance on Tim, however if you look back we only got him cos Palace wouldn't pay the agents fees otherwise we would have missed out him as well.

No, No, No,

£1.2M for a 29 year old striker who's highest level of football played is 6 months in the first division.

Showboating in the first and second division is a different kettle of fish to Prem football. To be able to do what he does in the the first divison in the Prem he would have to be a WORLD CLASS player (think about it) - and without this side to his game he would be a 29 year old with no top class experience and less than average pace.

Can't see him being able to jump up two divisons and doing what he does to some of the worlds best defenders.

In my opinion would be £1.2M as a benchwarmer at best - but worse than that is that buying him would mean we maybe miss out on somebody else.

Personnally I would rather stick with what we have got and keep the £1.2M in the bank until the summer earning 5%.

No, No, No,

£1.2M for a 29 year old striker who's highest level of football played is 6 months in the first division.

Showboating in the first and second division is a different kettle of fish to Prem football. To be able to do what he does in the the first divison in the Prem he would have to be a WORLD CLASS player (think about it) - and without this side to his game he would be a 29 year old with no top class experience and less than average pace.

Can't see him being able to jump up two divisons and doing what he does to some of the worlds best defenders.

In my opinion would be £1.2M as a benchwarmer at best - but worse than that is that buying him would mean we maybe miss out on somebody else.

Personnally I would rather stick with what we have got and keep the £1.2M in the bank until the summer earning 5%.

Thats all very well sitting with the money in the bank but what happens if Beattie gets injured again... Come on lets be honest he has already had his fair share since he joined so nothing stopping him getting another one before the season ended.

I am not saying that Trundle is the option, however he is better than nothing.

If Beattie (or one of our other strikers) get injured we are screwed.

We have Beattie, Mcfadden and Ferg.

We have all seen that McFadden has not been able to cut it so not really a first choice. It has been admitted that Ferg is struggling so nothing is stopping him for calling it quits during the rest of the season. which leaves Beattie.

What happens if Beats get injured and Ferg can't cover???????? that leaves MCFadden.

We are not out of the woods yet with regard to releagation. Whereas 4 wins has taken us away 4 loses can put us right back there again.

Its all very well only have 3 strikers but that is when you have 3 top class striker.

Said before and will say again if DM does not bring in a striker then he will shoot himself in the foot and could be a big downfall.

if bt gets hurt, and they have to massage duncans broken body just to get him onto the pitch we are in deep shit.

We need to spend BENTS MONEY ON SOMEONE, IF £2.5 MILL CAN BUY JEROME OR TRUNDLE I'D SETTLE FOR EITHER OF THEM. but we need to replenish the paper thin squad.

Guest fozzie22
hmmm well if beattie gets injured then its Anichebe's Position as Vaughan had a relapse and Hopkins is gaining first team experience, i dont like it but hey hes been scoring in the reserves Crowd gets behind him he may just do the job.

bit much to expect a kid to be helping out though??

im all for giving the kids a chance,but not when we're not clear of relegation.

bit much to expect a kid to be helping out though??

im all for giving the kids a chance,but not when we're not clear of relegation.

agreed Kids should be coming on for 15 min at the end of a game that is won for a cameo role - and to slowly get a taste for Prem action - At that age should be not be considered for anyhting near a starting role - I would rather see your Cahills, Osmans or even Davies as starting 'upfront' before chucking kids in at the deep end.