Bookies fav is Jose as you would suspect. hes at 4/1

Next its big phil. cant remeber his odds

Then martin o'neil at 7/1

joint with him stuart pierce

next alan shearer at 14/1

then on the very outside its.....david beckham at 5000/1

who would you want as boss?

i personally think we should try for Lippi or mourinho

Pitiful that McLaren can't be a man and resign...

The Football Association are to hold a board meeting on Thursday at 0830 GMT to discuss Steve McClaren's future.

After his side failed to qualify for Euro 2008, McClaren insisted he would not resign as England coach.

"I'm not steping down," McClaren told BBC Sport after England, who needed just a point to qualify from Group E, lost 3-2 to Croatia at Wembley.

"I take responsiblity - it was my job to get us qualified and I failed to do it. I'm not discussing my future."

Full odds here...>>>LINK<<<<

Martin O'Neil would do for me by preference, but anyone really....my granny would be a step up from McLaren, and she's been dead twenty years!

Has to be Mourinho if The FA are serious about wanting to win something. Love him or loathe him, he is the best.

As for the not allowed to be England Manager. Probably more like not allowed to be England manager while at Chelsea which would now be null and void. Or maybe he signed something about not managing another English club, but England is a different kettle of fish.

Croatia played England off the park. All we were doing was lobbing long balls in. And at 2-1 down with about half an hour to go (plenty of time) we were running round like headless chickens as if it was the last minute. Terrible.

After Sven most wanted an English manager, now we see how crap they are. So lets get Jose in.

Edited by Ex-Pat-Sefton

got to be someone who can be blunt with these players, tell them they arent as good as they think, drop them when they play shit, not treat them like untouchables!

someone who has been more successful than the players, i think Lippi fits the bill, as did Scolari.

Totally agree, we need someone with an ego and won't pick the media's and FA's favourtie players but will do it HIS own way. Thats why I'm hoping its Mourinho as he has the biggest ego out of them all, but I wouldnt mind Lippi if it was.

Those all 3 mentioned possibilities , Lippi , Mourinho or Capello , are all good possibilities. Mourinho has learn English way of life and football , Lippi and Capello as italian wellknown managers Know how to make defence working. Anyway i think they would had ahrd time in England cause they wouldnt have that kind of personal technique on players what they have had in use with italian players. Hmm gonna be boring euro2008 for me cause now there aint any teams in i would like to support to the title :crying_anim02: Just hoping Finland would go someday in the Euro or World Cup competition :wub: ANd when they arent there at least wanna see England there. :jerry:

Rafa Benitez has also thrown his hat into the ring...

"Maybe I could be Steve McClaren's replacement if I improve my English. I was being serious. You never know what can happen in the future."

He's had a spat with the Chairman over transfer funds apparently.

Rafa Benitez has also thrown his hat into the ring...

IN RAFA WE TRUST!! :huh:

I'm taking it that Blue250 didnt see the eearlier post, or takes 10 mins to type 20 words :P

But for real ,does some1 think rafa would be good enought? For seriously? Only thing i wouldnt wanna see happen would that DM would be new England coach :suicide_anim: Hes good enought for sure , but he has work to do in Everton and i wanna see how far he can bring us B)

Edited by LexKing