IGNORED

Surelywe Couldnt....

Pat

Go down?...

Squad shattered to near nothing..Wonder what Morale is like?...Also wonder if the players are as discontented as the majority of us are with the bizzare goings on of late?

The cash could make us ( this season mainly)....Or the maybe break us..!!!

Nevera dull moment...!!!

Uncertain times ahead? perhaps.

Guest fozzie22

I think that we're missing the bigger picture here

Obviously DM didnt have the sort of cash he splashed in the summer,so there trying balance the books.

But my god how much will he have to spend NEXT SUMMER.....god alone knows.

Guest fozzie22

I much as i dislike the board,DM has to take the blame for allowing the squad to get as small as it is now,we needed more players in the summer than we got,but as we know we didnt get them.

And i'm not talking about big name players but solid guys who could do a job when asked,the way the squad has been run down over the last few seasons is a disgrace.

we COULDNT turn down £2.5m for bent, too good an offer. sounds like koldrup wanted to go too reading the reports. it leaves us very short in the centre half position and on strikers. a few more injuries could be disatarous, we'll end up feilding half the youth team.

moysey you had best get looking for some quality to bring in and quick

we COULDNT turn down £2.5m for bent, too good an offer. sounds like koldrup wanted to go too reading the reports. it leaves us very short in the centre half position and on strikers. a few more injuries could be disatarous, we'll end up feilding half the youth team.

moysey you had best get looking for some quality to bring in and quick

If we get (its a big IF) our money back on Kroldrup - then we will have £7m at our disposal (according to Moyes interview on Sky Sports - the board are very good at releasing the money!)

Thats Robbie Keane!?

Guest fozzie22

Yes im sure the money we have/havent got will be given to DM,he made such a good job of his last spending spree..

I agree the 1.8 mill..(dont forget the clause) we got for bent was too good to turn down but we should have had someone in ready to take over.

I think the best opportunity for us to get quality players would have been at the start of the season. We were on a high, euro qualification... a bright start. Now as it is, with our track record this season, it would take a big carrot to get a class player to 'want' to join us.

Guest fozzie22
I think the best opportunity for us to get quality players would have been at the start of the season.  We were on a high, euro qualification... a bright start.  Now as it is, with our track record this season, it would take a big carrot to get a class player to 'want' to join us.

I agree.of course the big carrot is cash something we're not awash with

Don't think that is the case at all.

Bent has done bugger all this season - so it would be madness to turn down £2.5M for him. Charltons offer made it impossible to turn down.

Kroldroup is going becasue he can't cut it in the UK and Prem. Good he is going now if this is the case.

Quality player don't yet see Everton as a great destination. We have to offer stupid money to compeate with Newcastle's, Spurs and even Middlesbroughs. (Not even mentioning the top four).

So we have to compeate with the rest of the teams in the Prem for the best of the players that the bigger teams don't want. It is very competative in our section of the market for players.

Guest fozzie22

we didnt get 2.5 mill for bent..

2 mill to start with..then the rest after whatever,we wont see it,the lad has a load of clubs so if its appearnce related theres no chance.

Then comes ipswich wanting there peice of the cake,prolly 200k,so the money is already down to 1.8 mill,and dont forget of course,charlton will have only put half that amount down,so from a headline figure of 2.5 mill we've got what,900k?

Not going to buy much with that are we.