IGNORED

Absolute Laughing Stock!

rowlo-efc

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - for me anyway!

We sign a Dannish international Centre Half for £5.1m - with a glittering career ahead of him. We play him twice (once as a sub) and he, as expected, struggles to get into the jist of the English game (Hyppia did the same).

In sheer desparation, we sell him after 6 months for £3m (or perhaps £3.5m) to Fiorentina.

don't know what is worse - selling him for less or selling him at all, especially as our current squad is thread bare at best.

Then, just to rub the salt in the wounds a bit further, we sign an aging centre half from Sunderland - where he couldn't get a game. Not only that, we sign him after he refused a contract with us in the summer and than had the nerve to defame the club with bullshit about a clause within the said contract.

What is going on at EFC - who is running the club, who is calling the shots - because they need shooting!

Moyes has completely lost the plot...its time for him to go i'm afraid. and take Bullshit billy with him...

What kind of chairman sanctions a £2m loss within 6 months, and allows a squad to dwindle to nothingness?!

Reference my "there is a deeper problem at Goodison" thread, I've read what people want and what the club needs and more often than not. it is the same thing.

With the exception of Fozzie winning the Euro Lottery and sucking off Frank Lampard snr ( :blink: ), the real trouble (IMO) still lies ahead, if we the loyal many are so disillusioned with current events or non-events now, wait until summer.

I cannot help but be worried sh*tless by the shape of things to come, The thought of losing Cahill and Arteta in the summer because they want "to win things" is not a pleasant one, and it could happen.

We bought Tim for £1.5m, if someone offers £5ish BK would not hesitate to flog him, bear in mind he will be in the shop window in Germany.

Never mind about winning lotteries, PAUL MCCARTNEY WHERE ARE YOU. The richest man in music who is an supposed Evertonian, sits on a big f*ck off bank balance. In the words of the Beatles "won't you please help me, help me, help me, oooooohhhhhh.

Mac

Reference my "there is a deeper problem at Goodison" thread, I've read what people want and what the club needs and more often than not. it is the same thing.

With the exception of Fozzie winning the Euro Lottery and sucking off Frank Lampard snr ( :blink: ), the real trouble (IMO) still lies ahead, if we the loyal many are so disillusioned with current events or non-events now, wait until summer.

I cannot help but be worried sh*tless by the shape of things to come, The thought of losing Cahill and Arteta in the summer because they want "to win things" is not a pleasant one, and it could happen.

We bought Tim for £1.5m, if someone offers £5ish BK would not hesitate to flog him, bear in mind he will be in the shop window in Germany.

Never mind about winning lotteries, PAUL MCCARTNEY WHERE ARE YOU. The richest man in music who is an supposed Evertonian, sits on a big f*ck off bank balance. In the words of the Beatles "won't you please help me, help me, help me, oooooohhhhhh.

Mac

and watch out about what I said about the big english (and european) clubs coming for yobo in the summer - if they offer 8mn pounds (which he IS worth, so don't argue) he will be gone......

As stated in a previous post we all know what the problem, is but what the hell is the answer. BK will not be swayed by a bunch of chants, the man has skin thicker than an elephants foreskin.

To protest in most other ways would damage the club (moral wise or financially). He is like one of those fish in the Amazon that swims up your dick, you know it's there but you can do f*ck all about it.

Mac

i wonder if paul mcartney would consider selling heather mill's leg and giving us the money.i bet it would be worth more than marcus bent.i no moyes is not the best negotiator but hes done the best business in the world in gettin £2m 4 bent

Cahill, Arteta, VDM, Yobo are all in for the ride - once we suffer and an offer comes in, they'll all be off. there is no loyalty in football anymore - especially where foriegn players are concerned. Why should they stay at EFC - they are never going to win anything - Arteta will want to appear for Barca - Cahill will want the league at least and Yobo will want a big wage. VDM just wants a bigger club and sees EFC as a stepping stone to bigger things.

If this season is bad - wait until the next one!

No money - no signings - best players sold - in big shit!

Guest fozzie22
Cahill, Arteta, VDM, Yobo are all in for the ride - once we suffer and an offer comes in, they'll all be off. there is no loyalty in football anymore - especially where foriegn players are concerned. Why should they stay at EFC - they are never going to win anything - Arteta will want to appear for Barca - Cahill will want the league at least and Yobo will want a big wage. VDM just wants a bigger club and sees EFC as a stepping stone to bigger things.

If this season is bad - wait until the next one!

No money - no signings - best players sold - in big shit!

Very sad,but true post

Dont believe for a second that the above players would'nt scarper at the first sign of a big club coming for them

We sign a Dannish international Centre Half for £5.1m - with a glittering career ahead of him. We play him twice (once as a sub) and he, as expected, struggles to get into the jist of the English game (Hyppia did the same).

In sheer desparation, we sell him after 6 months for £3m (or perhaps £3.5m) to Fiorentina.

so what. we sold jeffers to arsenal for 10 mill!!!

how much did they get for h im?

Guest fozzie22

so what. we sold jeffers to arsenal for 10 mill!!!

how much did they get for h im?

We got 8 mill for jeffers,so check facts before trying to flame people,plus he came up thru the ranks so it was pure profit on him.

And as i seem to recall hyppia is still playing for the RS is he not,so thats not even an arguement.

Guest fozzie22
Dont believe for a second that the above players would'nt scarper at the first sign of a big club coming for them.

Everton are a big club and if anyone doesnt recognise the potential here they are of no use to us.

that includes so-called fans.

Another deluded post im afraid,Everton have not been what i would call a big club for 10-15 years now,in that time we've missed the gravy boat of big money that the premiership tv cash brought in,thats why we have no cash now,and have to sell players even when the squad is down to its bear bones.

Everton are no bigger than the spurs,villas of the PL,we just arent in the same league as chelsea,arsenal,man u,and i hate to say it the RS

Another deluded post im afraid,Everton have not been what i would call a big club for 10-15 years now,in that time we've missed the gravy boat of big money that the premiership tv cash brought in,thats why we have no cash now,and have to sell players even when the squad is down to its bear bones.

Everton are no bigger than the spurs,villas of the PL,we just arent in the same league as chelsea,arsenal,man u,and i hate to say it the RS

Unfortunately VERY TRUE

Everton are a great club. weve got a history and tradition that you cant buy no matter how much money youve got.

we can beat the best out there today, and just becuase we cant buy our way into the top 3 doesnt mean were not a great club.

you may as well just judge a club by its bank balance if your stupid enough to believe that what greatness is!

And winning leagues and cups is what gets you the money to bring in better players.

Its a circle that we will not get out of all the time Burger King is in charge.

Dm is the man to take us to that level but not with the board that we have got.

West Ham have just came back up from the First Div and still managed to spend £7.25m on Ashton. Don;'t get me wrong things its to much and wouldn't want to pay that for him but they still managed to have enough money to buy him.

And winning leagues and cups is what gets you the money to bring in better players.

Its a circle that we will not get out of all the time Burger King is in charge.

Dm is the man to take us to that level but not with the board that we have got.

West Ham have just came back up from the First Div and still managed to spend £7.25m on Ashton. Don;'t get me wrong things its to much and wouldn't want to pay that for him but they still managed to have enough money to buy him.

Everton is a great club - but that is different from being a 'big' club - we haven't won anything for 11 years. and we havent won a league title since the 80's (87)

We have been in Europe only three times (ECWC (95) CL (05) UEfa (05)) - and knocked out in the early stages.

WE could not keep hold of the better players at the club and have not been able to do so for at least 15 yrs - Dacourt, Materazzi, Barmby, Rooney etc.etc.

Why - because we are simply not good enough - we can't buy players of a good enough quality to win anything - because we aint got the cash - and yes it boils down to cash - we are no longer the mighty Everton - we are just Everton, as West Ham are just West ham...

If we were to look at a player at the same time ANY other club like City, Bolton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Villa were looking - we would NOT stand a chance - and thats even if the money offered was the same...Nobody considers us a threat anymore, nobody sees us as going places - execpt those fans that are blinded by the blue vision - but that vision needs money and it needed it yesterday!

UNless BK goes and a very rich chairman arrives - or we have a few seasons (Consecutive) like last year or if we have another 2/3 rooney type players - then, if we have the right manager to make the right purchases, we will work our way back up to the Everton of old - but there are a lot of 'if's'

An excellent post rowlo- just because it makes unpleasant reading doesn't make it any less true.

I am of an age when I can recall E.F.C. were one of the "big 5", difficult days indeed, but how's this for a thought - having a bad Everton in my life is better than having no Everton at all. :(

ATB

Mac

An excellent post rowlo- just because it makes unpleasant reading doesn't make it any less true.

I am of an age when I can recall E.F.C. were one of the "big 5", difficult days indeed, but how's this for a thought - having a bad Everton in my life is better than having no Everton at all.  :(

ATB

Mac

Cheers Mac - I am of an age when Everton where one of the big 2! (RS being the other) - 80's - when no trophy left Merseyside!

Great era - but sadly its going to take a long time before we see it again.

I have to be honest - to a degree I am disaponted with a lot of the negative posts that seem to appear on this forum at times.

This forum is a place for decent debat - but considering our history in the Prem - The last season and this are fu*king golden years - OK a total exageration, but in recent history they are.

At this moment in time we are mid table after what all would say was a terrible start - But on average in the Prem middle table is heady height for us.

You really look at the time we have had under Moyes-

His first season - I would say he was the difference between us staying up and going dowm

His second we finished 7th

His third we finished 17th - But i don't think we were in much danger of going down.

Last season we finsihed 4th and

This, after a really bad (and unlucky) start, are 11th and moving in the right direction.

I think they squad, although small, is of a significantly higher quality than the aged one inherited. and this has basically been done balancing the books.

I would say we have generally been disapointed with this season - that in its self is a testament that the team has moved forward. Because, basically just staying up has been our targets before Moyes era.

Yes, the board do cause concern and a sake up is needed - A imput of decent money would be welcome. But as well as the negatives, I think given current histroy - there are also plenty of positives to draw on.

I totally agree we are now were near an attractive destination as our history would dictate - but today it is better than it was before the Moyes era.

We are moving forward slowly - but I am afraid unless we get an Abromivich or similar - slowly is how it is going to be - the 20 somethings view of Everton is a relegation battlers - You can't change that perception over night.

Guest fozzie22

Aye its a shame a random russian billioniare didnt land on merseyside instead of london.

But you look at the fool in charge of the show,and you wonder wether he would sell??,he see's EFC as an ego trip for his bloated self.

Rob, I couldn't agree more, but the real joy of forums such as TT means we have the chance to exchange views (positive and negative) with people who give a sh*t. :D:angry:

Speaking for myself, my family don't understand what Everton means to me, but you lot do. I find myself listening to other people's opinions and I love it even though I may not agree with them. :blink:

ATB

Mac

if this, if that, its all ifs. if me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle.

Doesnt stop EFC BEING A BIG CLUB, NAY MASSIVE. YOU DONT NEED MONEY TO MAKE YOU A BIG CLUB.

look at the attendances every Season and you will find us in the top six, higher than Chelsea, arsenal, and only a few behind our nieghbors, indeed after Abramovich, the richest Owner would be FULHAMS OWNER, but the money is not making them a big club.

WE are massive, WE are Everton........................DONT EVER FORGET. ;)

Guest fozzie22
Rob, I couldn't agree more, but the real joy of forums such as TT means we have the chance to exchange views (positive and negative) with people who give a sh*t.  :D   :angry:

Speaking for myself, my family don't understand what Everton means to me, but you lot do. I find myself listening to other people's opinions and I love it even though I may not agree with them. :blink:

ATB

Mac

Good post Mac..thats whata forums all about :0

We need some consistency and a steady forward progression to settle our nerves because at the moment every little dip and we all think the wheels have fell off again!

For Evertonians like me who where 13 when we last won a trophy its hard to swallow and you have to admit since my supporting days began Everton have been massivly mis-managed. It is very hard not to have high expectations when we have family, freinds & generaly "older" Evertonians talking about the glory years. We are not generaly negative towards the club but you have to admit that we were in a dire situation throughout december and it did seem like same old same old to alot of us.

Long may our revival continue and hopefully a rich buyer in the comming months B)

Goldfish, as you may have noticed from the way I speak of Everton, I have seen some wonderful days i.e. Latchford scoring against Chelsea to make it 30 league goals in a season :lol: what a day!!, the home leg of the semi against Bayern Munich in the CWC, what a night.

From all of my time as an Evertonian I can say in all honesty - WE WILL RISE AGAIN, I'm just not sure when.

ATB

Mac