IGNORED

Victory Has Never Been This Good!

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

Victory has never been this good since we beat the mancs at the end of last season at Goodison park...

the arses coming off a 7-0 victory against middlesborough and i thought i have seen the return of the real thierry henry....

but that was never the case today at Goodison!

1-0... im still in shock but hey... the arses just like the RS are the easybeats in the premiership...

This is, undoubtedly, the best day of the season.

Dunno if any of you play the IKTS at the Prem site, but my Gooner pal just lost his 4 point banker and -2, for a total of a -6 loss for his backing Arsenal to win.

He's been talking sh1t ALL week...now he's eating it.

Lovely.

again we proved that we can take on the best and give them the runaround.

bt should have got his 2nd goal tho. it was a sitter and he's missed too many like that.

he was too casual about it. maybe he tries too hard not to choke in front of goal and that makes him overly casual. he'll never regain his england place until he stop missing those sitters.

martyn - 2 fantastic saves in the early part of the first half. largely untroubled for the rest of the game. goal kicks a bit wayward from time to time

hibbert - superb, why is he not in the england squad? passion, committment, played very well

valente - got forward well, communciated well with kilbane, a bit suspect on tackles tho

Ferrari - look good again before going off. we really must sign him

Weir - as much as i criticise him, lets be fair he did well today, did nothing wrong

Stubbs - Good to see him back in a blue shirt. Fitted back in as if he'd never been gone. Did the simple things well

Arteta - creative, worked hard, got stuck in. Another solid performance

Cahill - here, there and everywhere, must be one of the best bargains in premiership history, back on top form now

Neville - sat in the midfield, marshalled the team well. never lets us down. good signing

Kilbane - Worked extremely hard, made lots of little tackles and blocks, but when had the ball his passing was on the whole quite poor

Osman - Really turned things around. Start of the season he wasn't looking good enough, but the last few weeks have seen a massive improvement. he was brilliant today, clever runs and touches and a great work ethic

Beattie - Immense, gave campbell et al a torid time. jumped for every header, battled hard and got his rewards. we are now seeing why we paid £6 million for him

Of course this is only my opinion, your thoughts are welcome guys !!

Come on you Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

don't forget the last ten mins when I thought Arsenal would press forward, DM plays his ace and brings Big Dunc on to cause massive probs for Arsenal's defence.

Campbels face when Dunc came on was a picture, " sh*t 83mins i've been run ragged now they bring him on". Five seconds later Dunc runs straight into him then stands on his foot a couple of times, then has a tussle on the touchline and for good measure a elbow to the jaw, who said football wasn't physical.

PS did Dunc shake his hand at the end, DID HE F*CK!!!

don't forget the last ten mins when I thought Arsenal would press forward, DM plays his ace and brings Big Dunc on to cause massive probs for Arsenal's defence.

Campbels face when Dunc came on was a picture, " sh*t 83mins i've been run ragged now they bring him on". Five seconds later Dunc runs straight into him then stands on his foot a couple of times, then has a tussle on the touchline and for good measure a elbow to the jaw, who said football wasn't physical.

PS did Dunc shake his hand at the end, DID HE F*CK!!!

Ha! Ha! Too true.

DM thougt, "Well then, just so's the Arse dont get any funny ideas..."

I am so glad for James Beattie, he had a horrible time for his first 9 months of his Goodison career - (a lot down to injuries than can happen to any player). But since he has had a decent run in the team, I think he has shown he is a good buy for us.

His work rate in all the games has been great - he looks very fit and very strong - All this culminated in the goal he scored today.Should have scored a second, though.

I hope all you who have been down on him for the first 9 months are now glad to be eating your words. Over the past 15 league games he has been one, if not our best and most consistent players overall. And becasue of all the injuries he has had this is basically all we SHOULD be judgong him on.

I also thought Osman had a very good game - and beattie giving him the Champers was a nice touch.

But the whole team deserve credit today - becasue in the main we limited Arsenal to pot shots on our goal. To be honest all in all we created the better chances in the main.

This game should boost the confidence of the squad no end.

Guest fozzie22

Ive said many times BT should not have been signed last january,he was unfit,uninterested and had an air of couldnt be arsed about him.

But for the first time today he looked fit,hungry and it was a well timed goal,and yes he should have had a second.

Rob its not a qustion of eating my words,far from it,he's been here a year and if the boards had'nt have gone down you could have this,i've maintianed that he shouldnt have come last january for the above reasons.

Now he is starting to look like a premiership player at long last,he should after 12 months FFS,but i hope it continues.

It was a great performance,but the arse where dire,they really are a one man show,if Henry dosent play well,the rest of the team dont either,but that aside,we can now look with relative ease to the rest of the season.

I am concerned about the bookings we're picking up though,the squad is'nt big enough to have players out,cahill would have been sent off if he'd caught Henry thats for sure,but thankfully he got away with it.

Osman was a big difference to the team,perhaps DM needs to grow a pair and start calling him a first team regular now,he's earned it.

Ive said many times BT should not have been signed last january,

the transfer windows make signing a lot harder. bt, (like koldrup), was injured when signed. but what can you do?

you can't choose when to sign a player. it makes the risk much greater. i think a little more flexibility is needed.

also the january transfer window seems particularly risky. clubs are very reluctant to let their best players go in the middle of a season.

Guest fozzie22

You dont sign injured players simple as that.

AVM and BT are prime examples of that flawed policy

Koldrup wasnt injured when he signed..just a bit of a jessie who couldnt cut the mustard over here

What a difference a day makes. Over the past couple of days most people on here have been suffering from serious depression (you know, with us being on a five game un beaten run and all), but the recent transfer dealing are the main cause of that.

But, yesterday I really enjoyed that game of football and after watching the MOTD highlights it made me realise that there is no substitute to going the game. So many of the incidents were missed, and all added up to make a great 90 mins of football.

But for the first time today he looked fit,hungry.

Obviously fozzie you havent seen or heard of beatties performances for the last 10 games, because he plays like that every week, for as far as I can remember.

Or you have chosen to forget

Give some credit where its due for a change or where you expecting a defeat.

We'll probably get beat next week and the sky will be falling in again

Edited by Zed

Guest fozzie22

Zed

Given that the last 10 games includ 2 4-0 drubbings and a couple more woeful performances you can hardly say he's been turning it on in all that time,because he hasnt.

My argument is simple,he should have been signed this time LAST year,its taken him 12 months to get his fitness levels right,and for a professional thats just plain wrong,if you care not to see it well,thats your problem.

I think i said in the the V's arsenal thread we'd nick it or be slaughtered,so i was right there..the proof is in the pudding as they say..look here

Of course i'm happy things are finally starting turn round,its almost febuary so thank god they are.

Fozzie, you could put a negative spin on winning the lottery

By harping back over old ground just to prove a point is a bit sad, MY point is that beattie has been playing like that for a long time

You haven't seen that or choose not to and thats your problem. Im well aware of the past and i'll keep looking for positives. You can stick with your negatives

I can see fozzies point that it shouldnt have taken 12 months to get our prize asset fully fit and it was poor business to be spending masses of money on him knowing he was unfit & injured.

Having said that i totaly agree with Zed Beattie has turned it on for us in the last 10 games even when we lost. He has run his heart out every week and all thats missing is regular goals he needs to be more clinical. Beattie has played a massive part in our revival leading from the front and defending deep in their half. Long may it continue and on current form he is on for maybe 12-15 goals this season so if he picks up his concentration and finishes more of the chances he gets we could be looking at a real strikers return next season!

COYB

We still need to sort our shit with transfares & general management of the club but the team are definatly moving in the right direction :D