IGNORED

Georgios Samaras

Would like to think that he has but one thing with DM is that I feel he has always been honest with the fans and he has come out and said over the last few days that he doesn't think he will get in the striker that he wants.

Same sort of thing he was saying in the summer and one didn't join.

Would like to think that he will bring one in but really don't think that he will

He will not be going in January. If he goes it will be at the end of the season. In the summer we can look and see what is best for him."

Samaras has helped the club to the last 32 of the Uefa Cup and to fifth place in the Dutch league. (Heerenveen)

But they have already sold top scorer Klaas Jan Huntelaar to Dutch rivals Ajax in the transfer window and Heida has insisted that no more players will be leaving in January.

he is 20 years old and 6ft 3in.

STATS

All played for SC Heerenveen in Holland (but a lot of his starts have been as subs in the first two seasons)

Season Played Goals Age

2002/'03 15 4 17/18

2003/'04 27 4 18/19

2004/'05 31 11 19/20

2005/'06 16 7 20

Total 88 25

Not to shabby for a player who doesn't turn 21 until next month.

"Manchester City have tabled a firm bid for Hereenveen's highly-rated Greek striker, Georgios Samaras, the Dutch club have revealed. City are keen to bolster their forward line, and a target man such as Samaras would provide them with a different option to the pace of first-choice pairing Andy Cole and Darius Vassell.

And with £40,000-a-week striker Robbie Fowler rumoured to be on his way out of Eastlands, boss Stuart Pearce would see Samaras as a useful addition to the squad.

The 20-year-old has scored 25 goals in 87 appearances for Herenveen since breaking into the team as a teenage prodigy in 2002.

However, he has stated in recent weeks that he is keen to move to a bigger club and last week told a Dutch newspaper that he was keen on a foreign switch either this month or over the summer..."

So he is a highly rated - teenage prodigy - Target man (as opposed to pacey). Sounds like a replacment for Big Dunc in my opinion.

Can't really underestimate the importance of having a Big Dunc type in your squad. So I would be glad to see a 20 year old replacement come in. As these are difficult player to get hold of. I think its no coincidence that Liverpool look a lot better this season with Crouch in the team -

I can give you some info about him cause im from Holland. Georgios is a decent player who is a good dribbler with the ball and he has got some pace on him but I think that 6.5 Million Pounds is way too much for him. Maybe Heerenveen is a bit angry because they've lost Huntelaar as well to the scum for the same price and he is a proper goalscorer. Samaras has been playing on the left wing for Heerenveen because Huntelaar was first choice as a striker. Samaras has got potential but he misses a lot of chances as well. I think he should be worth 3.5 million pounds. You better let him go to Man.City for the price Heerenveen is asking.

I also saw someone mention he could be a replacement of Duncan Ferguson but Samaras is definately not a target man. He is more a counter-attacking player who get behind the opposition defence with pace and his dribbling skills. Samaras is also not a very good header of the ball

Edited by SCF08

I can give you some info about him cause im from Holland. Georgios is a decent player who is a good dribbler with the ball and he has got some pace on him but I think that 6.5 Million Pounds is way too much for him. Maybe Heerenveen is a bit angry because they've lost Huntelaar as well to the scum for the same price and he is a proper goalscorer. Samaras has been playing on the left wing for Heerenveen because Huntelaar was first choice as a striker. Samaras has got potential but he misses a lot of chances as well. I think he should be worth 3.5 million pounds. You better let him go to Man.City for the price Heerenveen is asking.

I also saw someone mention he could be a replacement of Duncan Ferguson but Samaras is definately not a target man. He is more a counter-attacking player who get behind the opposition defence with pace and his dribbling skills. Samaras is also not a very good header of the ball

Thank you for the inside information :)

Anyone else you could recomend from your native lands?

Cheers - Its been said that Man City have been looking at him as a target man to compliment their pacey players. So I put two and two together and with his height came up with a Big Dunc replacement.

still if he is more of an attacking winger and misses a - He must get plenty of shots at goal - because 25 in 88 isn't a bad strike rate. I would agree that £6.5M sounds a bit much for a 20year old greek I have never heard of

Thank you for the inside information  :)

Anyone else you could recomend from your native lands?

I know Everton was interested in Dirk Kuyt last summer. He would be class signing for Everton but he is pricey at 18 million euro's which is about 12 million pounds. But if you want some affordable players who would want to join Everton I would say Kenneth Perez from Az Alkmaar who is a player that plays just behind the striker or he comes from the left side of midfield to join the strikers. Denny Landzaat from Az Alkmaar is also pure class as a central midfielder, He can be aquired for about 4 million pounds because his contract expires in 2007. He is a regular for the Holland team as well. Joris Mathijsen (left footed Central defender) and Tim de Cler (left back) are also very good and also from AZ. Julian Jenner from Nac Breda is my last recommend. He plays on the right wing and has been a first team regular from the start of the season and is about 20 years old. Feyenoord and scum from amsterdam have already shown a interest in him , Very good prospect.

Edited by SCF08

Not coming... - Enterprising Herenveen striker, Georgios Samaras, is, apparently, on the verge of joining Manchester City despite an approach by Everton.

If true and you haven't seen the video clips doing the rounds of this lad's ability, we suggest you now avoid it if you can. He looks a bit special.

According to our source, however, Everton representatives have not yet given up on the chase for the Greek international.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/05-06/rumo...dex.asp#060124h

Also says on SkySports he is goin to city or at least they are bidding again for him and they reckon he has agreed terms

Edited by L_Blue

IF we have made a move for him and he choices Man City over us we really need to get things sorted at the club.

It is becoming bigger than a joke at the moment.

The club can't take chances with our survival in the premership. Can't beleive it we knew that we needed a striker before we sold Bent and now we have no cover at all.

Says on sky sports that

'Everton have also been linked with Samaras, but the Goodison Park outfit are not thought to have made any approaches for the player'.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...ew+Samaras+move

Samaras will NOT join Everton. Tonight at 7:30 he will have a courtcase here in Holland against his club Heerenveen because they deny him an improvement of his position. He already has agreed terms with Man City and they have upped their bid to 8.5 million Euro's and Samaras probably wins the case because at the moment he earns 385.000 euro's at Heerenveen and Man City offer him 3.5 million per annum.

Edited by SCF08

I must admit I would rather take the word on a football fan (SCF08) who sounds as if he has seen a fair of the player over a couple of seasons - than verses a single video clip indicating he is something special -

There is a libary of video clips showing what a special player Laurent Robert is.!!!!!Means nothing.

I would rather take the chance on somebody else is I had £5M burning a whole in my pocket.

Fresh from the dutch press.

Georgios Samaras is not allowed to leave Heerenveen. He had a courtcase today because he wanted to join Man City but the dutch court rejected his appeal so he will stay in Holland unless a club come up with the fee wanted by Heerenveen which is 12 million euro's = 8 million pounds.

Said before for that amount of money would rather take the chance on CJ for £3m and Earnshaw for £2m

Have put a link in on the CJ to Norwich thread - Indicating that Norwich are looking at £2M - £2.5M for CJ, but will not enter a bidding war.

It also sound like Cardiff are maybe thinking of cashing in. £2.25 raising to £3M on appeaences + maybe a 20% of any profit made on a sell on fee.

Have put a link in on the CJ to Norwich thread - Indicating that Norwich are looking at £2M - £2.5M for CJ, but will not enter a bidding war.

It also sound like Cardiff are maybe thinking of cashing in. £2.25 raising to £3M on appeaences + maybe a 20% of any profit made on a sell on fee.

If we dont bid for him and nobody else comes then we have issues!