IGNORED

Norwich Moving For Camarone Jerome!

Be reading that Norwich are going to splash £3.0M to £3.5M of the Ashton cash on the Cardiff striker.

Come on Moyes - Bent money would cover most of this fee - You only need to find and extra £1.0M. His wages will be minimal by Prem standards.

He really is one for now and the future. Low risk and huge potential, strong with bags of pace.

If I had the money I would buy him myself :D

Be reading that Norwich are going to splash £3.0M to £3.5M of the Ashton cash on the Cardiff striker.

Come on Moyes - Bent money would cover most of this fee - You only need to find and extra £1.0M. His wages will be minimal by Prem standards.

He really is one for now and the future. Low risk and huge potential, strong with bags of pace.

If I had the money I would buy him myself  :D

Fully agree, why let Norwich make another mint this kid is a real prospect, Davey needs to wake up and buy players like this!

Imagine inviting him up to Goodison next weekend to watch us dump Chelsea outa the cup. He would see the fight and determination our boys are playing with at the moment and all on the back of battering Arsenal last week!

It just that with the likes of Norwich and Sheff Utd as other potential suitors on a £3M ish player - we would be fools to miss out. His wages will be that of a low ranking sqaud player.

Pace, Pace, Pace - something we just haven't got and really need to streach other teams a bit more. If we had a player with pace- Beattie and the supporting midfeild players would get a lot more room.

This is maybe my biggest problem with Moyes's dealings in the transfer market- He doesn't look to the Championship enough for my liking.

You look at our squad and only Cahill (and I think maybe Killa) have been brought in from the Championship.

Now look at Cahill, Ashton, Darren Bent, Earnshaw, Johnson, Jason Roberts, Harewood, Defoe. All strikers who have done well at Championship level and just carried on scoring goals in the Prem.

Now if you bought all those at the right time for £2-4M. Total average £24M

What would be there collective value now

Cahill - £5M

Ashton- £7.25M

Bent - £7M

Earnshaw - £3M

Johnson £8M

Roberts - £4M

Harewood - £4M

Defore - £9M

Thats £47M -

So basically double your money in the long run. (and I didn't fudge the values to make it come out double)

A common theme to me is that if a player is a good goal scorer in the Championship has a strong chance of doing the business in the Prem -

OK we do see the odd players that move to a Prem club and flop, but not really that many who are highly regarded.

But based on the values above - please stop me if you think they are over estimated (I think underestimated if anything based on Ashton for £7.25M). Can basically afford to buy two at £3M or so - expect one to flop, and one to do the business, and still be quids in as even the flop will have a residual value.

you are also likley at all times to have one or two goal scorers at the club, and plenty of cover.

All these player are also likley to come to the club on a three or four year contract on very low wages when you compare them to the likes of your Owen's, Anelka, Hasslebank Viduka's and Baros's.

Now if you build up a reputation of giving budding young strikers the chance to shine in the Prem - It will attracked other young strikers to the club.

If you are able to turnover these stikers over every couple of seasons or so - i.e buy in a couple - sell on the next AJ or Ashton and use the money to buy the next two. You always have hungry young talent at the club.

top proven strikers are always top dollar transfer and wages wise. We would save a fortune. This money saved could be spent on quailty midfeilders and defenders (who are cheap compared to top strikers) who will provide the youngsters with plenty of goal scoring chances and increase there value further.

Jerome, Nugent and other mentioned should be seen as investments with one eye on selling them on.

We should really look to market ourselves to these players rather than the established names.

Cahill has been Moyes's best buy - I'll rest my case.

Big right up in the Western Mail (South Wales's Daily Post) today on Cameron Jerome - 'Cam & Go'

I basically says that cardiff are willing to let the striker go for the right money- none of this he's worth £5-7M+ bull. They are talking around the realistic £3.5m mark (a figure Sam Hamman has hinted at).

A sticking ponit in a deal may be why would Cameron what to move to Norwich? - Not much of a step up than Cardiff.

If we came in I think we could broker a better deal for Cameron, Everton and Cardiff.

I really hope something is going on behind the scenes on this one. As I haven't heard a sniff on any Everton interest.

A decent prospect, (as good as Nugent anyday) and a club willing to sell at a realistic/reasonable price.

his stats are good

2004/05 - 22 starts (10 subs) - 7 goals - 4 yellows

2005/06 - 32 starts - 15 goals - 6 yellows

Total - 54 starts (10 sub) - 22 goals - 10 yellow (so no pussy)

Height 6ft 1in

only 19 years old, but powerful and fast and can obviousely finish.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/footydb/l....asp?pid=109856

Now Sheff Utd are no longer in the running. please please don't let him go to Norwich without even having a go.

I don't think any fan would be unhappy at us splashing out around £3M on him.

Guest fozzie22
every single person who reads TT and would like us to have a go at signing this young, talented striker, please email DM BK and KW and let them know, we got to do somethin coz these idiots wont!

They would take no notice,then when someone comes in we'll put in a lower bid,then spin it that we did the best for the club.

Typical Everton management

Everton do need to be a little more aggressive in the market -especially when it comes to bringing in decent youngsters to the Prem from the Championship - I can't honestly believe that Ashton would have moved from Crewe to Norwich if we had put a similar offer in for him last january.

At this end of the market its often only an extra £250,000 to £500,000 to seal a deal. And wages you have to pay are relatively low -

I am all for Moyes being careful when you are spending £4M+ and having to spend big wages - to me the main finacial problem is BIG WAGES - and not been able to off-load high earning players who don't perform.

Jerome and Vaughan - in two or three seasons time the chances are that at least one will be a £8M player and maybe both. They would provide very good competition for each other.

Neil Warnock at sheff utd had a 1.5 mill offer rejected that was official, and he was looking to make him a prem player with promotion this season, so he must think he's up for it (CJ). so is he worth a gamble, cos we are really in the brown stuff if BEATTIE GETS HURT, still no replacement for Bent.

Edited by toffeelicker