IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

• 2 years later...

The media now suggest Arsenal is looking to sign Jela. The source is off course the Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254406/Arsenal-keen-sign-Nani-Manchester-United.html

But I must say they suggest Arsenal have shown a certain zeal in following Jelavic, having a senior scout follow him lately. Is this a bad thing? I'd say just like with anybody, when you sell a player you'll have money available to pick out replacements on any position in the world market, so it's always an opportunity, though I'd have to add that when a player is a proven weapon, he'll be hard to replace effectively. Low risk replacements will be expensive.

The media now suggest Arsenal is looking to sign Jela. The source is off course the Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254406/Arsenal-keen-sign-Nani-Manchester-United.html

But I must say they suggest Arsenal have shown a certain zeal in following Jelavic, having a senior scout follow him lately. Is this a bad thing? I'd say just like with anybody, when you sell a player you'll have money available to pick out replacements on any position in the world market, so it's always an opportunity, though I'd have to add that when a player is a proven weapon, he'll be hard to replace effectively. Low risk replacements will be expensive.

Well if the arsenal scouts have been watching the last few games I don't think we need worry about losing him!

Why are fans so down beat about Jelavic?

The guy is clearly a great striker, so it might be best to encourage him rather than pressure him. No way will he be leaving in January, unless we want to rely on Anichebe staying fit.

I'm only having a laugh mate! Despite his lack of goals I wouldn't drop him at all. He just needs to get back in those positions and hope that everyone else does the hard bit for him ;)

I got that matey. There seems to be a bit of a downer on him recently. Fickle fans lol.

I would drop him. It's because he isn't scoring and he doesn't offer anything else usually. The fact that he was good last year, doesn't mean you're fickle if you want him dropped this year. It means you want what you think is best for the team, which is someone who will touch the ball more than 5 times a game playing up front. In the second half against Wigan, he did try to get himself involved, btw. In the first half it was like he was deliberately avoiding the ball.

I would drop him. It's because he isn't scoring and he doesn't offer anything else usually. The fact that he was good last year, doesn't mean you're fickle if you want him dropped this year. It means you want what you think is best for the team, which is someone who will touch the ball more than 5 times a game playing up front. In the second half against Wigan, he did try to get himself involved, btw. In the first half it was like he was deliberately avoiding the ball.

It's not like we're Man City where we have four different striker options and can be picky for each given game. Given that Anichebe and Vellios are the alternatives, I don't think we have any choice but to roll with Jelavic until he gets back in form.

It's not like we're Man City where we have four different striker options and can be picky for each given game. Given that Anichebe and Vellios are the alternatives, I don't think we have any choice but to roll with Jelavic until he gets back in form.

We obviously do have a choice: Anichebe or Vellios. I know a lot of people think Anichebe is the worst player ever, but he's not. I'd play him.