5 replies to this topic

#1 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2010 - 08:43

With A. Cole now out of serious contention for the England WC squad it seems to me that there is no way Baines won't get a call. I doubt very much that Capello would try and play Bridge and Terry alongside each other (as well my personal bias rates Baines as a better left back). If Baines keeps form I really can't imagine him getting a shout come June.

*I'll still be rooting for the US in that first match regardless.

#2 adz09

adz09

Dixie Dean.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2010 - 09:12

I agree that Leighton is a better left back, i am always surprised by his omision from the england squad. It wouldnt surprise me however if Bridge and Lescott were the two left backs in the squad.

#3 Rob W

Rob W

Duncan McKenzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2010 - 09:12

Thats the first thing that i thought of when I heard about Cashly this morning, Ill bet Bridge, Warnock and even Lescott would get in there before him, he should have bee called up long before now and I get the feeling Capello doesnt rate him too highly

#4 Across the Pond

Across the Pond

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2010 - 15:55

I also agree with everyone else. He has great pace for a left back and as we have seen can play beautiful balls into the box. He would be a great fit there, but it doesn't seem like Capello even knows who Baines is. I hope he makes it and plays well in all the games except the game against the U.S.A.

Love Everton and Love U.S.A.

#5 Across the Pond

Across the Pond

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2010 - 15:57

also if Baines did play we could see Landon verse Baines. I would be happy as an Evertonian

#6 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 Feb 2010 - 18:40

also if Baines did play we could see Landon verse Baines. I would be happy as an Evertonian

Didn't even think of that?!?! That would be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users