Sign in to follow this  
FromBelgium

Mo Fellaini - Belgium V. Spain

Mo gave a suicidal back pass for Spain to equalize on 35 mins, his only (though costly) mistake of the game.

He scored a perfectly good goal on 56 mins, how he was flagged for offside is beyond belief.

Played 90 mins.

Final score BEL 1 - 2 ESP

We was robbed.

FB

I'm sorry to hear that FromBelgium. I guess that that would have been a real good three points for you, I'm sure Fellaini will get back on form for you. He's starting to reach his potential at Everton and I'm sure this will only make him better at the International game. I'm sure you'll qualify no trouble for the next World Cup following your dissapointment in 2006.

I think it'll be tight between Turkey and us. Spain are head and shoulders above the rest. We played them off the park for moments, but as soon they recovered the ball, they were a potentially lethal threat. Fantastic side, a damn pleasure to watch. But having a good goal disallowed and being stabbed 1 min from the final whistle hurts. You can't say one side was better than the other. Both played to their strengths and it could have gone either way with everyone saying they'd deserved a draw. That's football for you.

As for Mo, i can see he's already a better footballer. Controls the ball better, more composed, eye already sharper for the pass, he's gone up a level. Better team-mates, better coach, it's no rocket science to find out.