IGNORED

Everton Cup Final Quiz

Jimmy the blue

The following is aimed at taking your minds off the next 48 hours, its a who said what quiz, let me have your answers by PM and I'll tell you who is the best.

Good luck lads, here are the quotations, let me have your answers, bonus points if you can identify who the words concerned, they all concern EFC............enjoy

1 "What we've got is a resilience and a team spirit and you can't buy that"

2 "He uttered the six worst words in the English language 'I want to play for Liverpool"

3 "Never mix perms and drinking, it's a recipe for disaster"

4 "If Mickey Mouse had taken charge, it would have given the place a lift"

5 "I never realised the club was big"

6 "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day"

7 "And he's lost his jacket, he's lost his jacket"

8 "I've been a Bluenose all my life and I always will be. I'm a very proud and privileged man to be able to say that"

9 "You've got to be strong in victory and equally strong in defeat"

10 "Ladies and gentlemen, today we are joined by a man who ranks amongst the greatest there is: Shakespeare, Rembrandt and Bach this man is --------------------"

Sorry for the delay, haven't been too good over the last few days

1 "What we've got is a resilience and a team spirit and you can't buy that" Alan Stubbs

2 "He uttered the six worst words in the English language 'I want to play for Liverpool" BK when asked about Barmby's xfer

3 "Never mix perms and drinking, it's a recipe for disaster" the legend Mick Lyons, the wearer of the worlds worst perm

4 "If Mickey Mouse had taken charge, it would have given the place a lift" Mike Walker

5 "I never realised the club was big" Mike Walker again proving him to be an idiot

6 "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day" Big Nev

7 "And he's lost his jacket, he's lost his jacket" Ken Wolstenholme about Eddy Cavanagh 66 final

8 "I've been a Bluenose all my life and I always will be. I'm a very proud and privileged man to be able to say that" Derek Mountfield, a total gent and a true blue

9 "You've got to be strong in victory and equally strong in defeat" incredibly John Bailey, so profound

10 "Ladies and gentlemen, today we are joined by a man who ranks amongst the greatest there is: Shakespeare, Rembrandt and Bach this man is --------------------"

These were the words of Bill Shankley concerning the immortal Dixie Dean at a luncheon hours before Dixie dropping dead at the 81 derby, those were the days when respect ruled and Benitez was still in short pants

Well done Taxi old son, you were the best by a mile mate :D

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest efctaxi

:lol:

Didn't have a clue about a few of them to be honest .

Did anyone else get the ones I didn't ? I can imagine Beardy must have been there or there abouts .

:lol:

Didn't have a clue about a few of them to be honest .

Did anyone else get the ones I didn't ? I can imagine Beardy must have been there or there abouts .

No mate, you were the best, the champion, the one and only there again I was staggered no one guessed the Ken Wolstenholme one as that incident is part and parcel of our folk lore now so shame on you all :P

I missed this thread, must have been posted close to Cup Final, so I was rather busy on other things haha. In an honest account I would have got numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 10. For 3 I would have guessed Barry Horne for some odd reason, for 6 I would have said Big Joe and Walter Smith for 9. ;)

I missed this thread, must have been posted close to Cup Final, so I was rather busy on other things haha. In an honest account I would have got numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 10. For 3 I would have guessed Barry Horne for some odd reason, for 6 I would have said Big Joe and Walter Smith for 9. ;)

TBH I was staggered we had no right answer to number 7..........................may try the same again for next years final :lol:

Guest efctaxi

Blah Blah Blah ............

TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D

TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D TAXI IS THE CHAMPION :D

Bart-Eat-My-Shorts.jpg