Brian Barwick

The Football Association

25 Soho Square

Westminster

London

W1D 4FA

18/08/2008

Dear Mr Barwick

I am writing to confirm my retirement from the position of striker for England with effect from 18th September 2008. It is with sad regret that the nature of my lacklustre performance for The Badgers on the 16th August 08 led me to the conclusion that - for the long-term preservation of my club career - I can no longer commit to both club and country.

Whilst I look forward to enjoying my retirement, I will greatly miss being available for selection for my country.

May I take this opportunity to thank you and the FA for the support I have received during my playing career and point out that I am willing to explore alternative avenues in which I can lend a hand to support the development of the game at the highest level.

I would appreciate confirmation of my retirement date and the arrangements for handing over my role within the England setup.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance during the transition period leading up to my retirement

Yours Sincerely

Mark Jefford