IGNORED

Bring Back The Great British Tackle

After seeing Nevilles tackle on Saturday and the way it lifted us all in the ground at the time it was as good as scoring a goal .It made me realise that sort of tackle was seen a couple of times every game years ago and Football is now virtually a non contact sport i think the game needs tackling, hard but fair it adds to the atmosphere at the game. For Neville to be booked was a disgrace and also the reaction of the Man u players was wrong. Lets get back to it being a contact sport again,will be interested in supporters opinions on this

I agree with Aaron. It would be good for the sport to have a little bit more bite in it again, but you have to also consider that the pace and skill of the game has moved on, so crunching tackles can now be more dangerous, Eduardo is a perfect example. Not an awful challenge but becasue of the pace of Eduardo he was caught out and suffered bad consequences.

Its a double edged sword really and the fact of the matter is that nothing is going to change.

I'd argue that every top flight team has players like that.

For us Carragher regular dishes them out and had a few against the Chavs. Apart from that there aren't many others. Gerrard occasionally does them and then gets loads of credit for them but Carra really is the unsung hero. Saves us with some proper challenges.

Arsenal have Toure, United have Vidic and then there's others.

I think it's more the referees are getting poorer than the tackles weaker.

Edited by Scottish Red