IGNORED

North East Teams To Sue.....

According to press sources up here, the three north east teams have had a meeting and will consider legal action if Manure field an understrength side. This is being denied by the clubs involved, but my point is this, at what point are relegated teams going to take responsibility for their own demise?. The next illogical step would be for a relegated club to sue all the teams who beat them and sent them down. Any thoughts?

ATB

Mac

Even if the Manc's put out an understrength team there is no rule to stop them. If the matter went to court the judge would ask why they were in that position in the first place, it woukld be laughed out of court. I would also like to know who would be taken to court, the FA or Man U.....................if this is true then the north east will have finally scrapped the bottom of the barrel and found nothing B)

its cos of the ruling in the premier league laws that never gets used that says teams must field a full strength side. i mean i understand where they are comin from on one side you could say man utd players should play more if they want to win and another side sayin he has a right to rest them. nothin will happen id still fancy uniteds kids to be honest and even if hull win i doubt anythin will happen anyway

United have won the league already and then play the Champions League final three days later. Surely its logical for them to play a slightly weakend team. They have nothing but pride to play for and risking there top players in a meanigless match is pointless. If i was SAF I would play a weakend team, everyone has priorities.

It would be a joke if they tired to sue. But then for a team like Newcastle I would not be surprised becasue that is all they are. A joke.

its cos of the ruling in the premier league laws that never gets used that says teams must field a full strength side. i mean i understand where they are comin from on one side you could say man utd players should play more if they want to win and another side sayin he has a right to rest them. nothin will happen id still fancy uniteds kids to be honest and even if hull win i doubt anythin will happen anyway

marco mate, who is to say what is the best team and even if it was enforced all Utd would have to do is let the match ko then make a full batch of siubstitutes, repalcing Rooney, Ronaldo and say Vidic with reserve internationals............SAF won't give a shit about that game as they have already won the league, they have a vastly more important game days later and after all Utd is a business. If that rule exits it is unenforceable as it is stupid and eaqsily avoided

What a load of bollocks, the mancs have every right to field who they want, thats the whole point in having a team, all be it its going to be an understrengthed team but they have a champions league game a few days after, Newcastle can fuck right off, as can the other 2.

Fair points lads, but paragraph E20 of Premier league rules states "in every league matcheach participating club should field a full strength team", this has never been invoked to issue a penalty of any kind. This is only because fielding an understrength side is the perogative of the "big 4" who have the need to do this. The rest of the clubs tend to follow this rule.

ATB

Mac

It's a strange one, as everyone has been commenting on the fact that United have such strength in depth. Surely they have a right to field players who are listed within there first team. For example say they rested Rooney and played Macheda in his place, is that against the rules. Macheda though obviously not first choice has still played a vital role in there season via the Villa game. It would be interesting to see at what point they consider the team to be "weakend". United have rotated all year and though they have obvious pkayers you would look upon as being the very best, they still have such immense strength in depth that most of there players would have a good case to be included in a squad.

Fair points lads, but paragraph E20 of Premier league rules states "in every league matcheach participating club should field a full strength team", this has never been invoked to issue a penalty of any kind. This is only because fielding an understrength side is the perogative of the "big 4" who have the need to do this. The rest of the clubs tend to follow this rule.

ATB

Mac

United could field a side full of intenational players half of which will have only played a handful of games. Who is to say that is an understrength side, the very discription is ambiguous hence unenforceable. Could you say hard luck to the Sunderland and Boro fans and wave two fingers at the barcodes for me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Fair points lads, but paragraph E20 of Premier league rules states "in every league match each participating club should field a full strength team", this has never been invoked to issue a penalty of any kind. This is only because fielding an understrength side is the perogative of the "big 4" who have the need to do this. The rest of the clubs tend to follow this rule.

ATB

Mac

I think that 'should' is the keyword here that needs to be identified. Obviously this rule stands so that it gives every team the best possible chance of victory if they play their strongest side, and this rule states it. However it only says 'should'; perhaps if it said 'must' then Hull, Newcastle and Middlesbrough might have a reason to shout but because it only implies that sides should field their best team then unfortunately for them no case is going to surface.

It's simple really then! Man Utd should just play a full strenght team and tell them to avoid rash tackles, don't run around too much, not to get into arguements, any 50-50 tackles let the Hull player have the ball....if Hull score don't make a fuss and end up getting booked, just go out and enjoy yourselves.......can you be sued for not trying.

Will Everton fans be happy if an Everton player does something stupid against Fulham.Should we play an under strength team?

Didn't Everton once play a weakened team against liverpool in the 80's, I think we had already won the league and were faced with an FA cup final......still won 1-0 (wilkinson scored the goal).

I think in the same season didn't we play, around the same time as the above game against Coventry with an under strenght team and lost 4-0....sending Norwich down into Div 1, whilst Coventry survived courtesy of that win.Ask an old Norwich fan about that and stand back, because they still HATE Everton for that result.

Always remember the Chelsea V Bolton game seasons back, where if Bolton won our survival was out of our hands.....it was the day we drew 1-1 with Coventry I think.Howard Kendall said in the press he hoped Chelsea, who had a cup final a few days later, wouldn't come out wearing flip flops, they didn't!! Bolton went down and we survived.

Man Utd, Hull, Coventry, Norwich, Bolton, Everton.......who said football was fair!

Guest efctaxi

I read somewhere that United have rotated their players 180+ times throughout the course of the season , with Liverpool in 2nd place .

There was a rotation table which I can't remember on which site it was posted .

Each club play 38 Prem matches .

It's not any 1 clubs responsibility to change anything on the last match to suit another .

There are no crap players in the United squad , and even their lesser known players would probably do well in the league if they had 2 teams .

Our semi final was proof that they are still strong without the big names . United players are picked on form , not price , just like most other sides .

We are in the same boat as United to a degree against Fulham .

United could field a side full of intenational players half of which will have only played a handful of games. Who is to say that is an understrength side, the very discription is ambiguous hence unenforceable. Could you say hard luck to the Sunderland and Boro fans and wave two fingers at the barcodes for me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Consider it done Jimmy, my girlfriend is Sunderland and she and her son are shitting their mackem pants.

ATB

Mac

ATB

Mac

the second best players of (arguably) the best club in the world are definatly a full strength team.

and how many times did Man u put they're best team on the pitch? not to many times, always someone resting i think.

B