IGNORED

Nasty Virus

EFC-Paul

Just a heads up really on a virus thats doing the rounds lately it was an old virus a few years back but some smart arse nerd has decided to give it a face lift, It is attached to random sites and will open as a fake google account or a fake windows security alart if you get this knock the page off asap and run AVAST free http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html which is one of the only virus scans that picks it up AVG NORTON etc dont "i would recommend using Avast for your pc for regualr use it's good stuff" .

I got this little bugger the other day and at first it redirects you to random websites then switches your computer off and then in my case try's to access any site you use with a password to get account details in my case Ebay.

In the end i had to re-format but the little bugger decided to have another go as soon as i set my internet back up :angry: so my old man who's a dab hand with them worked his magic for a few hours and all is now good. Its a pain in the arse so just keep an eye out for it as its very very convincing.

Just a heads up really on a virus thats doing the rounds lately it was an old virus a few years back but some smart arse nerd has decided to give it a face lift, It is attached to random sites and will open as a fake google account or a fake windows security alart if you get this knock the page off asap and run AVAST free http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html which is one of the only virus scans that picks it up AVG NORTON etc dont "i would recommend using Avast for your pc for regualr use it's good stuff" .

I got this little bugger the other day and at first it redirects you to random websites then switches your computer off and then in my case try's to access any site you use with a password to get account details in my case Ebay.

In the end i had to re-format but the little bugger decided to have another go as soon as i set my internet back up :angry: so my old man who's a dab hand with them worked his magic for a few hours and all is now good. Its a pain in the arse so just keep an eye out for it as its very very convincing.

Keep off the "naughty" sites in the future & you shouldnt have a problem :lol:

Edited by DangerMouse