IGNORED

Love Them Ot Loathe Them

I hope you are right, as I said I THOUGHT you were totally wrong, but you seem to had a good handle on things so I won't argue the point anymore.

I just thought that a turn around from a £17M loss to a £100,000 profit, plus a reduction in THE debt of £19M has to be too good to be true.

That then means last years performace was about £35M better than the previouse 12 months (and not including a penny we made on the sale of players)

I would be greatful if you could send me a copy of the accounts when you get them, because I find it all very interesting.

I will try and get them put into electronic format (they did it for us last year!) and then I will quite happily email them to everyone who wants a copy!

Guest fozzie22
Sorry Rowlo, I think you are totally wrong.

We only made the profit you claim (£19.1) if you include all the money we MADE on transfers last season.

The debt reduction (from £47 to £28M) is only the Rooney money et al sitting in the bank waiting to be spent (and we all know this summer it was spent)

So next year expect the debt to be back around the £40M+

Forgetting any transfer money the profit we made was £100,000.

Now in reallity, had we been able to spend this Transfer money last year (and not had it sitting in the Bank) then the £100,000 we made this year would have been swallowed up in intrest charges anyhow. (i.e we saved about £400,000 in interest cost because of this money was in the bank)

If we not sold or bought any player over the last 18 month, then the clubs over all finacial perfocmance last season would have been a small loss of about £300k.

All I am trying to get over is a realistic perception on what we acctually MADE last season, even though we had such a great season 'finacially' and on the pitch. I jsut think it scary that we had a great season on the pitch last year and basically broke even.

I know it doesn't  sound as good when you look at it properly, However, the year before we made a loss of about £17M (with all things being equal), so we are getting better.

I just don't want people thinking we are making money hand over fist, becasue we definately are not (unless we are able to sell a Rooney every year)

You've got it in one there rob

The results now the rooney cash has gone will be bad..mark my words.

The upturn was almost wholly down to his cash coming in..that and the good finish we had.