IGNORED

3D TV

GoodisonRoad

Okay, my dad has his mind set on getting a 3D TV, and as i have told him many a time, there is only 1 3D channel (Sky 3D) and it is a lot of money to spend on one channel. But he has been fixed on the idea ever since seeing an Everton Vs Sunderland game in 3D advertised at the Cinema. Has anyone on here experienced 3D at home rather than in the Cinema, or in the pub? as i'm really not convinced by the whole thing, and have heard that normal HD viewing can sometimes be affected.

Not to piss on his bonfire but I would try and tell him to wait rather than buying a 3DTV now. A couple of months ago I had a nice wadge of money and had my heart set on buying one and when I went into the shops I was rather dissapointed. Some things look really, really good in 3D and others things look terrible, for some channels it was as blurry as it comes and it was quite uncomfortable to watch.

I've also got a bug bear about having to wear glasses all the time and it was announced not so long ago that Samsung were close to releasing a telly where you didn't need to wear them at all (there is a 3D slider on the side which means you can watch in 3D with the naked eye).

So my advice would be to hold fire for a bit because the technology is still reletavly new and IMO it's not come to a stage where I would pay £1000 + to have it.

Basically summed up what i've been saying to him tbh, but he isnt having it. He wants it primarily for Sports, but i said hang fire because the money he is spending on it will get something so much better in 2-3 years. I'm not overly fussed about the glasses, my main worry is that its a lot of money for one channel, and how is the regular viewing affected? i was just hoping people would put my mind at ease, but it seems my worries are pretty valid laugh.png