IGNORED

"When Skies are Grey" going digital only

Louis

I never bought it but apparently the current issue will be the last one in print, from next season onward it'll only be available as a digital download for electronic devices.

I find this quite interesting. It was bound to happen (because of people like me!) but I didn't think that fanzines would be going digital-only so quickly - less than two years after the first iPad was released.

George Orr?

I don't know his name. He was an old fella' with who used to wear a beanie hat. I think he was on one of the adverts which were shown on the big screen last season so he could be famous within some parts of Everton.

Edit: Just Google'd George Orr on Image Search and it's not him. He was a bit thinner than George, hopefully somebody knows who I'm on about.

Edited by Zoo

What's the book about?

It's a fictional story about two Everton supporters. I think it's just basically about them going to watch Everton - it's probably based on himself to be honest. I remember him saying that he supported Sheffield Wednesday from birth but converted to Everton at a young age.

It's a fictional story about two Everton supporters. I think it's just basically about them going to watch Everton - it's probably based on himself to be honest. I remember him saying that he supported Sheffield Wednesday from birth but converted to Everton at a young age.

You've got me on that one. I thought I knew them all but no. I think you've got yourself a rare gem there

It's going to bug me now who he is. He's not there anymore I don't think but he's only stopped selling this season. I don't think he got much custom due to not shouting (because of his age) and merely just walking up and down with a few copies of his book in a bag.

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to bug me now who he is. He's not there anymore I don't think but he's only stopped selling this season. I don't think he got much custom due to not shouting (because of his age) and merely just walking up and down with a few copies of his book in a bag.

I came across a couple of recent Everton books by John Fowler - 'Pops why did Everton win the league in 87' and 'Everton or What'. I wonder if it's them? I've ordered the latter off ebay