IGNORED

Vitor a bullet dodged?

Vitor Pereira has just signed for Al Ahli in the Saudi league. I was one of the fans who wanted to see him take charge and was disappointed when he wasn't appointed. However with the news of him moving from Portugal to Saudi Arabia shows me one a lack of ambition and two a money grabbing mentality. Maybe we dodged a bullet??

Just my thoughts

I don't even know anything about the individual in question, except one or two particpants were under the impression we was worth his weight in gold or the best thing since electricity. You can't read too much into some things. I couldn't even say for sure what team he was with in ;Portugal. Was it Benfica, and they got to a UEFA cup final (europa league) this season ? It could well be him in question. Ok he did well, but it's merely other names (it seems) that have does well or obtained recognition with their respective clubs and we get invariably linked. In the end, one of them, namely, Roberto Martinez, came to pass. I don't know enough about this Pereria or whatever his name is, to have really considered him for the job. In the end, Martinez, was a little more recognized.

It could be that he's money grabbing or the fact that he's choosing having a job over not having one. He hasn't had his contract renewed at Porto and wasn't selected at Everton so it was probably a case of joining whoever came knocking.

I was looking up the club on Wikipedia, I don't know much about the Saudi League other than there are some big wages to certain players. I found out that there was a guy who played for us in the late 40s who managed Al Ahli too. His name is Oscar Hold.

I was looking up the club on Wikipedia, I don't know much about the Saudi League other than there are some big wages to certain players. I found out that there was a guy who played for us in the late 40s who managed Al Ahli too. His name is Oscar Hold.

sounds like a fruit machine.

I don't know much about Saudi soccer (either) except Revie went off there in the 1970s from the England job that caused a lot of uproar at the time and he got a lot of abuse for it, although it may have been the United Arab Emirates, but same ball park. As said, the salaries over there are quite something, players get paid questionable wages, but it's not everyone but selected figures.

I'd maybe wish Pereira well, but it would appear a bit disingenuous as I don't really care what he does for them. As before, not a name I would really have wanted to see the club bring in, obviously some will know more and have their opinions and rate him, but won't lose any sleep we couldn't eventually bring him in.