IGNORED

Arshavin

he looked good for zenit @ Goodison, he played off the striker then if i remember correctly?

is that his natural position, or can he play wide?

Apparently he is quite versatile and can play wide.

Would be an awesome midfield if we had him along with Arteta and Manny, but I am probably dreaming. Newcastle also wants to buy him.

How do we not need him?????? Arteta's out for 3 Peinar is going for over a month!!!

for me thats exactly why we need him!!!

Pienarr and Arteta arnt fowards are they even if he is versitile he may be poor in midfield + theres the cost around about 11m which is our recored transfer and we probably dont have that much.

Pienarr and Arteta arnt fowards are they even if he is versitile he may be poor in midfield + theres the cost around about 11m which is our recored transfer and we probably dont have that much.

I dont think we'd be getting him to play as a forward; and I think he would do great in the midfield. I thought we were bidding around £7m or £8m, if they want £11m then i dont see this happening.

Andrei Arshavin (Russian: Андрей Сергеевич Аршавин) (born May 29, 1981 in Leningrad) is a Russian international footballer. He is the top player of the Russian Premier League team Zenit St. Petersburg. He can play both as a midfielder and as a striker.

Andrey Arshavin graduated from Smena football school. In 1999 and early 2000 he played for Zenit's farm club, Zenit-2, in the Second Division.

In 2000 he was included in Zenit squad. He played in various positions on the field, starting as a right midfielder, then as an attacking midfielder and finally as a striker. He won the Russian Premier League Award for the player of the season largely because of his ability play well as a winger, playmaker and as a striker. He is known for superb pace, dribbling qualities, vision, technique and passing. These attributes and his hard working nature have turned him into one of the most important players for club and country.

Arshavin scored 11 goals in his 25 matches for Zenit in the UEFA Cup. He debuted for the national team on May 17, 2002 in a match against Belarus. On March 24, 2007 he was the Russia captain in a Euro 2008 qualifier against Estonia.

Taken from Wikidepia (where else)

I've put in bold the attributes I believe its exactly why we should be going after this lad as well as the points I made previous up top!!

Andrei Arshavin (Russian: Андрей Сергеевич Аршавин) (born May 29, 1981 in Leningrad) is a Russian international footballer. He is the top player of the Russian Premier League team Zenit St. Petersburg. He can play both as a midfielder and as a striker.

Andrey Arshavin graduated from Smena football school. In 1999 and early 2000 he played for Zenit's farm club, Zenit-2, in the Second Division.

In 2000 he was included in Zenit squad. He played in various positions on the field, starting as a right midfielder, then as an attacking midfielder and finally as a striker. He won the Russian Premier League Award for the player of the season largely because of his ability play well as a winger, playmaker and as a striker. He is known for superb pace, dribbling qualities, vision, technique and passing. These attributes and his hard working nature have turned him into one of the most important players for club and country.

Arshavin scored 11 goals in his 25 matches for Zenit in the UEFA Cup. He debuted for the national team on May 17, 2002 in a match against Belarus. On March 24, 2007 he was the Russia captain in a Euro 2008 qualifier against Estonia.

Taken from Wikidepia (where else)

I've put in bold the attributes I believe its exactly why we should be going after this lad as well as the points I made previous up top!!

Yeah! he is a guy who can win one on ones, good passing and great finishing.

There are loads of videos with his highlights on youtube, just search for his name.

oh & BTW the barcodes were preparing a bid of 7M now U do the maths Josh my friend!!!!

why would any sensible player sign for newcastle over us?

where to start? 5th place in the prem vs 11th place in the prem and not looking as if they'll ever find some consistent form

we're in europe and newcastle is not going to even get close to european football whereas we're in the hunt for a champions league spot

why would any sensible player sign for newcastle over us?

where to start? 5th place in the prem vs 11th place in the prem and not looking as if they'll ever find some consistent form

we're in europe and newcastle is not going to even get close to european football whereas we're in the hunt for a champions league spot

Newcastle would offer double the wages we could offer!