IGNORED

Famous Quotes

I’m not giving away any secrets like that to Milan. If I had my way, I wouldn’t even tell them the time of the kick-off - BILL SHANKLY

I’d like to play for an Italian club…like Barcelona - MARK DRAPER

Merseyside derbies usually last 90 minutes and I'm sure today's won't be any different - TREVOR BROOKING

I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock - BARRY VENISON

I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country - IAN RUSH

Sometimes in football you have to score goals - THIERRY HENRY

I never make predictions, and I never will - PAUL GASCOIGNE

I would not say he is the best left winger in the Premiership, but there are none better - RON ATKINSON

The minute’s silence was immaculate, I have never heard a minute’s silence like that - GLENN HODDLE

Magnifico…or whatever they say in Paris - PETER REID

They called Steve Kindon the ‘Horse’ because of his speed. It was also because he had the brain of a clothes horse, and the control of a rocking horse - PAUL FLETCHER

What will you do when you leave football, Jack - will you stay in football? - STUART HALL

Unfortunately, we keep kicking ourselves in the foot - RAY WILKINS

I've got a gut feeling in my stomach. . . - SIR ALAN SUGAR

An inch or two either side of the post and that would have been a goal - DAVE BASSETT

Both sides have scored a couple of goals, and both sides have conceded a couple of goals - PETER WITHE

What's it like being in Bethlehem, the place where Christmas began? I suppose it's like seeing Ian Wright at Arsenal.... - BRUCE RIOCH

And there's Ray Clemence looking as cool as ever out in the cold - JIMMY HILL

...and the news from Guadalajara where the temperature is 96 degrees, is that Falcao is warming up - BRIAN MOORE

If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again - TERRY VENABLES

I think that was a moment of cool panic there - RON ATKINSON

Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve - JOHN GREIG

It's headed away by John Clark, using his head - DEREK RAE

Tottenham are trying tonight to become the first London team to win this Cup. The last team to do so was the 1973 Spurs side - MIKE INGHAM

He's very fast and if he gets a yard ahead of himself nobody will catch him - SIR BOBBY ROBSON

The game is balanced in Arsenal's favour - JOHN MOTSON

You have got to miss them to score sometimes - DAVE BASSETT

Dumbarton player Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead - TOM FERRIE

And I honestly believe we can go all the way to Wembley. . . unless somebody knocks us out - DAVE BASSETT

It was that game that put the Everton ship back on the road - ALAN GREEN

What makes this game so delightful is that when both teams get the ball they are attacking their opponents goal - JIMMY HILL

Celtic were at one time nine points ahead, but somewhere along the road, their ship went off the rails - RICHARD PARK

...and so they have not been able to improve their 100% record - SPORTS ROUNDUP

In comparison, there's no comparison - RON GREENWOOD

I would also think that the action replay showed it to be worse than it actually was - RON ATKINSON

Mirandinha will have more shots this afternoon than both sides put together - MALCOLM McDONALD

Newcastle, of course, unbeaten in their last five wins - BRIAN MOORE

Certain people are for me and certain people are pro me - TERRY VENABLES

I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way - RON ATKINSON

And with 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0 - IAN DARK

Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer - DAVID ACFIELD

What I said to them at half time would be unprintable on the radio - GERRY FRANCIS

If we played like this every week, we wouldn't be so inconsistent - BRYAN ROBSON

Jimmy Hill: 'Don't sit on the fence Terry, what chance do you think Germany has got of getting through?' Terry Venables: 'I think it's fifty – fifty' ”