IGNORED

Stefen Wessels

Louis

Apparently coming on trial on monday.. He's a a german goalkeeper who used to be Kahn's understudy at Bayern.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Wessels

http://www.express.de/servlet/Satellite?pa...d=1186237270327

google translation of article:

CHANGE TO ENGLAND?

Eddy around Wessels

4683963420_XL.jpg

Cologne - it played a solid preparation, clenched also then the fist in the bag, when coach Christoph Daum (53) extracted the role of the Stammkeepers from it in favor of of new acquisition Faryd Mondragon. Another club was not for Stefan Wessels (28) topic.

Up to now. Because: Obviously the FC Everton interest in the FC Schlussmann has.

"there is a loose inquiry. But ripe for decision still nothing is ", said Wessels on Saturday, which is to play according to speculations on Monday with the Englishmen.

"whether I fly there, did not get straight white I still at all", he. Pushed however after: "however that I would sound myself in the current situation that, am nevertheless legitimately. England league is the best for me in Europe."

Problem only: With Everton Tim Howard applies as undisputed. The Ami signed only recently until 2012 with the UEFA Cup participant, completed into the Vorsaison all plays. And would be accordingly difficult to displace...

I don't trust old Wiki any more, after they said Lucho signed a five year deal with Everton. As a understudy, Wessel is better than Turner. But from what I can remember, is prone to being flappy at corners, just like Turner! And how many players have we had on trail now?

I think that he runs his own official site ebecause I sent him an email asking him if there rumours were true about the trial and he replied saying it is true and that Everton 'is a great club'.

http://www.wessels-online.de/home.php

Translation from his site:

It is an honour for me that a top English club have invited me for a trial.

Everton would like to see what type of player I am and I would like to see what type of club Everton is, first I need to learn more about the squad and coach.

If both parties feel we can work well together then I hope to make a good introduction here. Playing in England has been a dream for me since I was a child.

I know that Tim Howard is excellent between the posts but I am also conscious of my strengths. I am pushed for time in Liverpool so I need to impress quickly or I will return to Cologne.

So far I have rejected all offers (from other clubs) which were brought to me although Everton is a very good place to be with a good outlook. Everton is a great club"

• 2 weeks later...