IGNORED

Beattie

Josh Berno

He's a championship striker. He's simply not good enough for the prem any more. Maybe he didn't have the best service, maybe he didn't have the motivation. I just think their is a huge gap between being a sucesful championship striker and a good premiership striker. Beattie didn't make the jump, but he's not the only one. Kamara, Earnshaw, to a lesser extent Harwwood and Zamora. Its the same going from league 1 or 2 to the championship. Billy Sharp and Izzy Mcloud have not done the business since moving clubs.

But back to beattie. I just don't think he is cut out for the prem any more, he's not the fastest, hes not the strongest, hes not the most intelligent. BUT he can do a job in the chamionship, not the prem. I don't miss him one bit and wish him luck, if he scores 25 goals this season i still won't be that bothered that we sold him

• 3 weeks later...

agreed

scored 13 in 24 for sheff utd, scored 13 in 51 for us...

as soon as he signed for a championship side I said he'd be great for them...

he'll probably score 20+ for the next few seasons, unless sheff utd get promoted - in which case he'll score 7/8 and they'll get relegated - then he'll start scoring 20+ again per season

He's a championship striker. He's simply not good enough for the prem any more. Maybe he didn't have the best service, maybe he didn't have the motivation. I just think their is a huge gap between being a sucesful championship striker and a good premiership striker. Beattie didn't make the jump, but he's not the only one. Kamara, Earnshaw, to a lesser extent Harwwood and Zamora. Its the same going from league 1 or 2 to the championship. Billy Sharp and Izzy Mcloud have not done the business since moving clubs.

But back to beattie. I just don't think he is cut out for the prem any more, he's not the fastest, hes not the strongest, hes not the most intelligent. BUT he can do a job in the chamionship, not the prem. I don't miss him one bit and wish him luck, if he scores 25 goals this season i still won't be that bothered that we sold him

you didnt need to wrote any more after your first 4 words. its summed him up.

i think beattie was and could be a premierleague player, think everton ruined him, moyes tactics and the side we had weren't right for him, he's a decent player, but didn't really fit

and he's not really fit. Not really that much Pace, but he has weight on his side, but he never used to use it like the Yak does.

he never got any sort of decent service like the yaks been getting... i slated beattie for his effort, but one thign you can't deny, he didn't get many chances

True, i remember some of his good games very well thou, was it Charlton or sumone when him and Mc Fad were up front and they both scored absolute Screamers from outside the Box.