IGNORED

David Jarolim?

Having just read through the article on Ramsay in "hot off the press" http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everto...4375-21054618/n there was mention at the end that DM might be looking at at the Czech player David Jarolim. A cursory look through wiki etc. and he seems to be an OK player BUT, I stumbled across this little gem from a Guardian blog........

"The game's low point - in the truest sense of the word - came in the 65th minute. Hamburg midfielder David Jarolim - the league's most infamous diver and con-artist, a man who should have Alicia Key's 'Fallin' as his personal theme tune - went down of his own volition on the edge of the box. The referee was ready to brandish a yellow card for the Czech international's unconvincing performance, but Bielefeld defender Markus Schuler took offence and a melee ensued. After some harsh words, Jarolim, the 'king of swallows' - schwalbe, swallow, is the German word for diver - suddenly metamorphosed into a squirrel: he pinched Schuler's nuts.

To be fair, it is actually a German tradition to go in search for Easter eggs at this time of year, but Jarolim was clearly looking in the wrong place. "I don't like it when a man touches me there and my family planning isn't finished yet," explained Schuler. Jarolim was sent off. He's since shown contrition - "my reaction was unacceptable" - but also threatened, if that is the right word, to move abroad. "There is a campaign against me in Germany, it's disgusting," he said. "It's no fun like that anymore."

Numerous club officials have indeed singled him out for criticism in recent weeks, sometimes to deflect from their own player's dives. "Every club has their Jarolim," Bayer's Rudi Völler said recently; Wolfsburg manager Felix Magath claimed that his striker Grafite had taken "inspiration from Jarolim" after a blatant dive. The 28-year-old is by no means the only offender, but he is easily the most persistent one: you feel he'd always rather get the free-kick than get past his man. Jarolim faces a German FA ban of up to six games."

Sounds to me like he would more at home across the park!!

Edited by iggy