IGNORED

Ryder Cup; Wild Card Picks

Who do you think will be picked by Faldo tomorrow, my choices are Clark and Casey. The media are starting a pick Monty campaign but IMO the warhorse has had his day. Others in the frame include Poulter, who has taken his ball to play stateside, Dougherty who I don't think is good enough, Peterson who is good enough having won on the US tour but Faldo seems to have ignored and some of the very good Scandinavian players

Who do you think will get the Faldo nod?

Think Poulter will get one...not that he particularly deserves it.

And I'd rather have Casey than Dougherty or Monty....but then I'd prefer all three :) .

Have a feeling we're going to lose this time anyway, Tiger's a liability as far as Yank team spirit's concerned and I think they'll be stronger without him.

Think Poulter will get one...not that he particularly deserves it.

And I'd rather have Casey than Dougherty or Monty....but then I'd prefer all three :) .

Have a feeling we're going to lose this time anyway, Tiger's a liability as far as Yank team spirit's concerned and I think they'll be stronger without him.

As I said I think the picks will be Casey and Clark, Faldo wouldn't want Monty beating his appearance and winning records would he :lol:

I agree Mike the USA will be a different proposition with out Woods, with him in the team you have to take his entire entourage as well. I never found Tigers attitude to the Ryder Cup to be particularly inspiring as is it a coincidence that their side have done nothing ever with him in the team? That said I can't see us losing to be honest, our players are more used to the formats from amateur days than the Uni Graduate US sports stars who only ever play medal

I think its a mistake myself

Agreed, the team spirit would have been much better with Clarke in....Poulter ain't popular at all <_< .

Faldo just trying to show who's the boss, gesture along the lines of McLaren dropping Beckham, no sense in it other than the ego of the coach/captain.

Agreed, the team spirit would have been much better with Clarke in....Poulter ain't popular at all <_< .

Faldo just trying to show who's the boss, gesture along the lines of McLaren dropping Beckham, no sense in it other than the ego of the coach/captain.

Your right Mike, none of the reasons he gave add up, and he knows it B) . I'm sure, at the end of the day it will be his head on the chopping block bearing in mind he has a list of enemies already <_<

Azinger has made his picks, Stricker, Mahan, Campbell and Holmes. There are one or two great pro's been overlooked in similar fashion as Faldo has. Stricker is in fine form, Mahan has been playing well, Campbell just hasn't got the bottle and Holmes hits it a country mile, not necessarily in the right direction. I wonder how Scot Verplank, Zach Johnson, Woody Austin and D J Trahan feel

I feel happier now than did before the announcement

I feel happier now than did before the announcement

Mediate's another strange omission.

I'll rethink my position on the winners also, we really ought to do it again.....but then again we really shouldn't have won it several times in the recent past and we did. Beware the underdog.

Mediate's another strange omission.

I'll rethink my position on the winners also, we really ought to do it again.....but then again we really shouldn't have won it several times in the recent past and we did. Beware the underdog.

The amount of times you get beat by the injured golfer is legion Mike, it should be exciting. Strangely I have less time for Azinger than almost anyone in golf, he is one arrogant SOB but then so is Faldo so the verbals should be even better than the golf :lol::lol: