IGNORED

Moyes Has Signed New Contract

eddie blue

Nev's side of the contract

Phil Neville says David Moyes is one of the best manager he's ever worked under. The Everton captain has played for Sir Alex Ferguson, Sven Goran Eriksson and Kevin Keegan but believes his current boss is right up there with them. Moyes, 45, ended weeks of speculation regarding his future on Tuesday, penning a new five-year deal with the Toffees. And Neville, who himself signed on for a further four years in the summer, predicted the Scot will lead his side to further success. Speaking exclusively to evertonfc.com, Neville said: "He’s a fantastic young manager and with the way that he’s built this Club up since he’s got the job shows that he’s a top, top manager and one of the best that I’ve played under.

"He’s a massive reason why I signed a new contract in the summer, because I wanted to play under him. It’s fantastic news for the Club and every Evertonian will be pleased," he continued.

"The success that the Club has had over the past six years is largely down to the gaffer and continuity is the way to go forward and bring success to a club. When you have a manager that is as driven, as professional and as hungry as our manager, then you want to keep him. It’s a five-year deal and that says to me that we’re going places." Despite the rumours, Neville had no doubts that Moyes would fulfil a promise made to his players. To be honest I’ve never once [doubted]," he said. We went up to the Lakes with the families in pre-season as a bit of a team-building trip and he made a speech that night saying he was going to be here for a very long time, so we just had to trust him that he was. He was true to his word and now it’s done and dusted we just have to look forward to the next five years."

Everton are set to take on Neville's former club Manchester United at Goodison Park next Saturday.