IGNORED

The Great Man City Sale - The Kaka Vs Ronaldo Thread

OK I must be missing something, Kompany?? He is very average player, has done nothing this season and does not look that good a prospect.

Agree to disagree about this one. In my opinion Kompany is a good player, He was being touted as one of the best central defenders (prospects) in europe a season or two ago. I would take him.

Guest efctaxi

Don't think I would take any .

They're still relegation fodder , and the current players can't really be motivated knowing they are going to be replaced .

Every time I listen to Mark Hughes talk , I now look at him as the guy who wants to buy the league ... not win it .

Guest efctaxi
did you guys see that Milan has allowed Kaká to have talks with City...?

I think it's something around 120£ million... Is it just me, or are things getting sick...?

So if it's that much for Kaka , how much for Ronaldo ? :huh:

So if it's that much for Kaka , how much for Ronaldo ? :huh:

Not as much as Kaka mate although Ronaldo is a world class player for me he's not in the same bracket as Messi and Kaka who have been more consistant and influential apart from last season where he was outstanding he has never been close to those two.

Petrov

Elano

Johnson

Ireland

Edited by EFC-Paul

Not as much as Kaka mate although Ronaldo is a world class player for me he's not in the same bracket as Messi and Kaka who have been more consistant and influential apart from last season where he was outstanding he has never been close to those two.

Petrov

Elano

Johnson

Ireland

I think ronaldo has only started coming into his game the last 2 years, kaka is older than ronaldo and messi for me is injured far too much, im not saying kaka and messi are shite but i would have ronaldo over those two tbh

Edited by aaron

I disgaree with that, Ronaldo was top goal scorer in the league last season, and he is a midfeilder, messi is injured alot due to growing steriods he took when younger so he cant go a whole season on top class form whereas ronaldo did. Im not saying messi is shite, not by a long shot but to not compare ronaldo with messi and kaka etc is to me sillyness as ronaldo kept up his form for a whole season, and it paid off with titles. Kaka won nothing major and neither did messi.

This season he has been nothing compared to last season.

If you look at messi atm, he's just unstoppable!

Kaka has been the engine of ac milan for years now,

I think they are both better than ronaldo

This season he has been nothing compared to last season.

If you look at messi atm, he's just unstoppable!

Kaka has been the engine of ac milan for years now,

I think they are both better than ronaldo

well, last season was nothing short of miraculous... He's already scored 11 or so goals, and he had surgery during the off-season and came in late into form, not to mention that whole real bussiness...

Anyways, messi is the wonder boy so far, this season, but kaká beeing above Ronaldo, I don't think so...

They are two totally different players but if i had to have one in my team i'd take Kaka over Ronaldo hands down. Although Ronaldo is a great player he does not have the same qualities as Kaka. If you watch most of Uniteds big games especially in Europe he is far from world class he has yet to produce his league form on the big stage.

He is also a tart that drops faster then a prostitutes knickers for me Kaka and especially Messi are a step up.

They are two totally different players but if i had to have one in my team i'd take Kaka over Ronaldo hands down. Although Ronaldo is a great player he does not have the same qualities as Kaka. If you watch most of Uniteds big games especially in Europe he is far from world class he has yet to produce his league form on the big stage.

He is also a tart that drops faster then a prostitutes knickers for me Kaka and especially Messi are a step up.

So in Europe last year, when he was the champions League Top Scorer, with 8 goals, he was far from world class?

The fact that he had a surgery, missed the pre-season, and the start of this season, and yet, already is united's top goalscorer with 8 goals, he's far from world class?

And calling him a diver, well... he does fake a lot, but Ronaldo is an amateur when compared with Gerrard. Everyone dives. That's the plain truth.

Kaká is wonderful player, i won't deny it, as is Pato, and Pato is only 19, but, to me, he's clearly bellow the top 3 players in the world at the moment, Ronaldo, Messi and Ibrahimovic. Messi is having a dream season, much like Ronaldo had last year, let's see if he can keep it up for the rest of it. Ibra is also doing amazing things, and I can't wait for the United-Inter showdown. Ronaldo is clearly bellow par, yet he's still influential. Scored 8 goals already, when he plays less on the box then he did last year, he scored twice against chelsky, but both were dissalowed.

Now, if you tell me that his performance in Portugal's national team has been dissapointing, now there, I'd agree. Too many F*KING stars on that team, plus, he had always 2 or 3 opponents on him the whole Euro, so... But yeah, I expected more too. Aside from that, your arguments don't have merit...

So in Europe last year, when he was the champions League Top Scorer, with 8 goals, he was far from world class?

The fact that he had a surgery, missed the pre-season, and the start of this season, and yet, already is united's top goalscorer with 8 goals, he's far from world class?

And calling him a diver, well... he does fake a lot, but Ronaldo is an amateur when compared with Gerrard. Everyone dives. That's the plain truth.

Kaká is wonderful player, i won't deny it, as is Pato, and Pato is only 19, but, to me, he's clearly bellow the top 3 players in the world at the moment, Ronaldo, Messi and Ibrahimovic. Messi is having a dream season, much like Ronaldo had last year, let's see if he can keep it up for the rest of it. Ibra is also doing amazing things, and I can't wait for the United-Inter showdown. Ronaldo is clearly bellow par, yet he's still influential. Scored 8 goals already, when he plays less on the box then he did last year, he scored twice against chelsky, but both were dissalowed.

Now, if you tell me that his performance in Portugal's national team has been dissapointing, now there, I'd agree. Too many F*KING stars on that team, plus, he had always 2 or 3 opponents on him the whole Euro, so... But yeah, I expected more too. Aside from that, your arguments don't have merit...

Its not an argument Sporting its my opinion to start off with and to say it has no merit basically is saying your opinion of who is better is right and mine is wrong you have confused the two things.

Not every player in this League dives alot of our league's players do have honour in that department unlike Ronaldo Gerrard and Drogba who are probably the main three culprits for cheating and diving in English Football im sure every player has dived at some point in there career but not as often as they do and to be honest i would say Ronaldo is the worse of the three mentioned.

You already state that his performances in the National team where average which is true and it doesnt come down to the matter of having so many stars in that team he plays for United one of if not the best team in the world if anything he should stand out from the crowd as he's touted as the best player in the world so that point is void.

He may have scored 8 goals in the CL but that doesnt mean he played well dont forget he has a top class team around him and a system which in effect gives him freedom and as many oppurtunites in front of goal as most strikers do plus he's well known in this country for fading away and going missing in most big games.

No one is denying he's world class which i already have said he is but my OPINION is that if i had a choice i would pick Kaka over Ronaldo anyday. Im not sure its just a case that he's a fellow countrymen of yours so you have a strong likeing to him but the fact is if he is as good as those two he has to show he can carry on playing the way he did last season which is yet to be seen.

Taxi bugger off you git :lol:

Edited by EFC-Paul

Its not an argument Sporting its my opinion to start off with and to say it has no merit basically is saying your opinion of who is better is right and mine is wrong you have confused the two things.

Fair enough, I guess. Although to me, it's not an argument anyways, just a debate of ideas ;)

Not every player in this League dives alot of our league's players do have honour in that department unlike Ronaldo Gerrard and Drogba who are probably the main three culprits for cheating and diving in English Football im sure every player has dived at some point in there career but not as often as they do and to be honest i would say Ronaldo is the worse of the three mentioned.

Well, in all fairness, you should allow that a lot of the gripe about ronaldo is due to what happened at Euro game, where Ronney got sent off. Most of the bad mouthing he and Carvalho got from that, and a lot of it from Gerrard shows how much of an hypocrit he is, when he does the same or even worse. Remember, players that are more creative tend to be fouled a lot more, so it's also them that are more on the spotlight when people think they go down to easily. I don't like it, most fans don't like it, but it's just another part of how bad the game has gotten, in a chivalrous point of view. The days of gentlemen footballers are long gone. And my point on Gerrard beeing worse isn't that he dives more or less, cuz I have no idea, i don't keep a running tally on the numbers, BUT all his vaunted higher moral ground, his schpeel against Ronaldo and others, his claims of innocence, when he's just as bad, make him, like I said, a hypocritical A-hole...

You already state that his performances in the National team where average which is true and it doesnt come down to the matter of having so many stars in that team he plays for United one of if not the best team in the world if anything he should stand out from the crowd as he's touted as the best player in the world so that point is void.

It's not the number of stars, it's their attitude. In a team, you work as a team, you practice as a team, and you play as a team, but our National Squad didn't do that, because every damned idiot out there was trying to flash his goods. No team play at all!! We had one of the best sides last year, and their performance was lackluster, they didn't have their minds on the game, every single one of them, Quaresma, Simão, Ronaldo, Moutinho, Meireles, Veloso, etc. was trying to shine. Get the spot light, earn that mega-deal... Can't say I can blame them much, when the idiot coach did the same thing and dropped his pants for the russian petro-dollars...

Spain, on the other hand, which were pretty much the underdogs for the Euro, ended up playing good, quality football, as a team should, and won it fair and square. I'm not saying they don't have talent, they clearly do, but given their past, and the qualification run, it was indeed unexpected.

He may have scored 8 goals in the CL but that doesnt mean he played well dont forget he has a top class team around him and a system which in effect gives him freedom and as many oppurtunites in front of goal as most strikers do plus he's well known in this country for fading away and going missing in most big games.

He had a lot of freedom last year, true, and that allowed for the amazing season he had. But remember, he's not a striker, he's a winger. Given how united played last season, he had his fair chances at goal, true, but it takes quality to make the best of them. As for fading in the big games, I don't see it, and the CL final is a clear case of that.

No one is denying he's world class which i already have said he is but my OPINION is that if i had a choice i would pick Kaka over Ronaldo anyday. Im not sure its just a case that he's a fellow countrymen of yours so you have a strong likeing to him but the fact is if he is as good as those two he has to show he can carry on playing the way he did last season which is yet to be seen.

Taxi bugger off you git :lol:

Well, let me tell you, not everyone here is a ronaldo fan. benfica fans aren't that thrilled of him, mostly cuz of this:

F_200609_september2_153335a.jpg

This was ronaldo's answer to the benfica fans that were booing him when he was beeing subbed at a game in their stadium. Shows he still has Sporting in his heart :D

So yeah, i like him, but it's not just a case of bias. You point to this season, and I agree, ronaldo has yet to show the same form he did, but a few remarks on that:

1st, it's nigh impossible for him to do it again, mainly he has less freedom now, and united are not so dependent on him up front;

2nd, he was injured during the season, had surgery has soon as the season stopped, and missed the pre-season and the season start too;

3rd, that whole madrid thing, can't be good for him in the locker room;

4th, he has been clearly thinking waaay to much on the bloody awards lately, the balor d'or and all that shite.

So yeah, you haven't seen the ronaldo from last year, but he's 23, to Kaká's 26. Players usually peak (or peaked) at around 27, which is when they have just the right mix of experience and youth to be at their prime. Maybe that'll change, I don't know, but I do know that, not only is ronaldo a winger, and kaká a midfielder, he's 3 years younger, meaning, all things beeing equal, he'll play 3 more seasons.

your turn ;)

I get your point on Gerrard mate thats not the case im making nor is it what happend in the world cup he still dives and waves card signals in ref's faces now and thats a side of his game that really lets him down which is a side you do not see from Kaka.

You have to remember that last season he did not play in his usual position for Utd he was more of an attacking midfielder playing just off Rooney's shoulder hence why he had more opportunities hence the goals and assists.

In terms of age Kaka made his début for Milan at the age of 20 and has been an outstanding player since so to compare ages is way of the mark as he has been an influential player for a top side since that age

he is a far more team orientated player who has better qualities then Ronaldo he can handle big games where Ronaldo simply does not.

He had a decent game in the final nothing amazing so to base him on that game again is way off the mark he is known not to turn up to big games i watch Utd week in week out as i do most EPL games and if he is marked by a half decent defender as he was against us he is not half the player he is when teams back off we had him in our pocket at times he goes missing and cant play his step over games.

Both are quick but for me Kaka is a better creative force then Ronaldo hence why he is known worldwide as being the best creative midfielder in the game.

Both can score goals so on that point i would say they are on par.

Kaka is a far more team orientated player who is less selfish with the ball.

He has a far better attitude then Ronaldo and his primadona antics.

He is older so as you said Ronaldo has a few years on him.

He is not a cheat who will dive at any opportunity he gets.

Kaka although every player has a bad day at times plays better and turns up for big games where Ronaldo does not.

It all comes down to the simple matter of opinion mate you have yours i have mine and neither will change i guess the only answer is time will tell Sporting :D

Nooooooooo i agreed with everything then you went and spoilt it all haha to me he is very highly over-rated.

Nooooooooo i agreed with everything then you went and spoilt it all haha to me he is very highly over-rated.

Have you seen any of his games lately? Ibrahimovic's problem is that he's inconsistent. He did amazing thing at Ajax, then, at Juventus, wasn't that special... But he's been getting more and more consistent, and, this year, he's clearly on fire. I don't think he did an outstanding season last year, although he did nice things. The fact he wasn't at the top 5 cerimony is testimony to that, but, like I said, AT THE MOMENT, I see the top 3 players as Ronaldo, Messi and Ibra. And note the fact that i mention ronaldo merely for what he did, mostly last year. This year, he's yet to show himself. If I go by this season alone, so far, i'd be inclined to put robinho or kaká in place of ronaldo, but I'm basing my oppinion on what we've seen of their potential.

And for the record, I doubt we've seen all there is to see from ronaldo and messi. Ibra, this is probably is top form ever... or not. Every other week he seems to surprise me...

I get your point on Gerrard mate thats not the case im making nor is it what happend in the world cup he still dives and waves card signals in ref's faces now and thats a side of his game that really lets him down which is a side you do not see from Kaka.

You have to remember that last season he did not play in his usual position for Utd he was more of an attacking midfielder playing just off Rooney's shoulder hence why he had more opportunities hence the goals and assists.

In terms of age Kaka made his début for Milan at the age of 20 and has been an outstanding player since so to compare ages is way of the mark as he has been an influential player for a top side since that age

he is a far more team orientated player who has better qualities then Ronaldo he can handle big games where Ronaldo simply does not.

He had a decent game in the final nothing amazing so to base him on that game again is way off the mark he is known not to turn up to big games i watch Utd week in week out as i do most EPL games and if he is marked by a half decent defender as he was against us he is not half the player he is when teams back off we had him in our pocket at times he goes missing and cant play his step over games.

Both are quick but for me Kaka is a better creative force then Ronaldo hence why he is known worldwide as being the best creative midfielder in the game.

Both can score goals so on that point i would say they are on par.

Kaka is a far more team orientated player who is less selfish with the ball.

He has a far better attitude then Ronaldo and his primadona antics.

He is older so as you said Ronaldo has a few years on him.

He is not a cheat who will dive at any opportunity he gets.

Kaka although every player has a bad day at times plays better and turns up for big games where Ronaldo does not.

It all comes down to the simple matter of opinion mate you have yours i have mine and neither will change i guess the only answer is time will tell Sporting :D

Ronaldo is a freakin playboy. He's top dog, getting the gold, getting the cash, getting the babes, so yeah, this summer, and in the beggining of this season, he's been a spoiled brat.

Kaká is a very religious guy, due to his past history, so it's natural that his views are completely different from ronaldo's, bot on a personal and private level, as well on a professional one.

Also, they play in very different positions, meaning they're not marked in the same way, and they have different roles in a team, kaká beeing a creative midfielder, it's normal he scores less, and has more assists. Ronaldo is an explosive player, he uses his speed and dribbles to get to the line and cross, or get to a shooting position and shoot, so he scores more, also, he gets fouled more, because he mainly dribles, yes. If you see that as beeing more selfish, then yes. But his job on the pitch is to provide the breaks, while kaká's is to supply the breakers...

As for regularity, it's just hard for me to understand how you qualify a winger that scores 40+ goals in one season as irregular...

Sure, it was an extraordinary season, but i've yet to see a similar one from anyone else, although messi is well on his way.

Have you seen any of his games lately? Ibrahimovic's problem is that he's inconsistent. He did amazing thing at Ajax, then, at Juventus, wasn't that special... But he's been getting more and more consistent, and, this year, he's clearly on fire. I don't think he did an outstanding season last year, although he did nice things. The fact he wasn't at the top 5 cerimony is testimony to that, but, like I said, AT THE MOMENT, I see the top 3 players as Ronaldo, Messi and Ibra. And note the fact that i mention ronaldo merely for what he did, mostly last year. This year, he's yet to show himself. If I go by this season alone, so far, i'd be inclined to put robinho or kaká in place of ronaldo, but I'm basing my oppinion on what we've seen of their potential.

And for the record, I doubt we've seen all there is to see from ronaldo and messi. Ibra, this is probably is top form ever... or not. Every other week he seems to surprise me...

Ronaldo is a freakin playboy. He's top dog, getting the gold, getting the cash, getting the babes, so yeah, this summer, and in the beggining of this season, he's been a spoiled brat.

Kaká is a very religious guy, due to his past history, so it's natural that his views are completely different from ronaldo's, bot on a personal and private level, as well on a professional one.

Also, they play in very different positions, meaning they're not marked in the same way, and they have different roles in a team, kaká beeing a creative midfielder, it's normal he scores less, and has more assists. Ronaldo is an explosive player, he uses his speed and dribbles to get to the line and cross, or get to a shooting position and shoot, so he scores more, also, he gets fouled more, because he mainly dribles, yes. If you see that as beeing more selfish, then yes. But his job on the pitch is to provide the breaks, while kaká's is to supply the breakers...

As for regularity, it's just hard for me to understand how you qualify a winger that scores 40+ goals in one season as irregular...

Sure, it was an extraordinary season, but i've yet to see a similar one from anyone else, although messi is well on his way.

He was not played in his usual position last season he's a winger on paper but he was played in an advanced role much more of a second striker/advanced attacking midfielder hence why he has the freedom to score more goals but since the arrival of Berbatov he is being used in his natural postition where he is yet to produce the goods. To be as good as people say he is he has to have consistancy domestically and on the European stage and international level.

When Portugal played Brazil and got hammered it was touted as Kaka vs Ronaldo two of the best players at the time facing off and Kaka tore Portugal to pieces he was the best player on that pitch by a country mile and pulled all the strings where Ronaldo was woeful. I know thats just one game but it was a big game and yet again he failed to impress.

It takes more then one good season and the same old step over routine to make you a world class player we saw the same from Arjen Robben when at Chelsea in 2004 altough he did not score as many goals he was tearing the Prem apart in a similer way Ronaldo did last year he was absolute quality then his form dipped and Chelsea failed to see the same player again.

You dont get that with players such as Kaka Messi and many more they have a high consistancy of quality which im not seing from Ronaldo this term injury or no injury he still ha the same feet and team around him.

He is not a playboy the lad is a tit to be honest who has no class as a person or a player what so ever.

Edited by EFC-Paul

He was not played in his usual position last season he's a winger on paper but he was played in an advanced role much more of a second striker/advanced attacking midfielder hence why he has the freedom to score more goals but since the arrival of Berbatov he is being used in his natural postition where he is yet to produce the goods. To be as good as people say he is he has to have consistancy domestically and on the European stage and international level.

When Portugal played Brazil and got hammered it was touted as Kaka vs Ronaldo two of the best players at the time facing off and Kaka tore Portugal to pieces he was the best player on that pitch by a country mile and pulled all the strings where Ronaldo was woeful. I know thats just one game but it was a big game and yet again he failed to impress.

It takes more then one good season and the same old step over routine to make you a world class player we saw the same from Arjen Robben when at Chelsea in 2004 altough he did not score as many goals he was tearing the Prem apart in a similer way Ronaldo did last year he was absolute quality then his form dipped and Chelsea failed to see the same player again.

You dont get that with players such as Kaka Messi and many more they have a high consistancy of quality which im not seing from Ronaldo this term injury or no injury he still ha the same feet and team around him.

He is not a playboy the lad is a tit to be honest who has no class as a person or a player what so ever.

He's not a winger on paper. He's a winger since he was youth, it's what he's been trained to do, what he does best. Not having a proper striker last season meant he had the freedom to come into the area and score. This year, like you said, with berbatov, and tevez, and ronney and anderson, he has more support, but less room, so naturally he'll score less. To say that it was just one season, well, I seem to recall that in 2006/07 he was a pretty influential player as well, netting united the tittle, against mourinho's chelsea. He scored 20+ goals, and people we're saying at the time it was an impressive season fo him, and hard to top.

About that brasil-portugal game, did you actually saw it?? We got ripped by everyone, but actually, kaká didn't do all that much, Robinho and Luis Fabiano pretty much did the most damage. Not to defend Portugal, since i'm up to here with Queiroz, and i hope he leaves fast, but a friendly game, played after a 10 hour flight, against a side with the quality of brasil, it's bound to be a goal fest. And they scored practically everytime they got to out area, which goes to show how well we defended... But calling a friendly a big game, even if it's brasil and portugal, i mean...

And by the way, isn't the mark of a great, world class player, the trophies he's won? Kaká, champions league against liverpool, but internally, unable to prevent Inter from dominating the scene, and, this year, with a host of star players, even Juventus seem more threatning. Ronaldo has 2 premierships and a CL, mostly due to his influence on the team, and, granted, this year, he's clearly still bellow the highest form he produced last year, but united are still the team to beat, with far more solutions, meaning they don't depend on him so much.

Anyways, it's clear that we share different views on the matter. I understand city's move for kaká, they need creativity in their mid-field, and someone that has played with robinho before is a great adition, so I'd probably do the same as them, and it's more likely kaká accepts than ronaldo, that's for sure. And besides, at this time, if I had the means, there's only one player I'd do my best to buy, and that's messi.