IGNORED

The Great Man City Sale - The Kaka Vs Ronaldo Thread

Very good Taxi :lol: .

Not seen enough of Kaka to make any sort of relative judgement in the debate....but that T-shirt makes me nauseous :sick01: .

Can't be doing with that god bothering stuff....by all means go to church and give them as much money as you like (though if he's looking for good causes I can think of a thousand or two more worthwhile), but don't inflict it on the rest of us. Pienaar's borderline...but I can just about forgive him.

Lewis "god in the car with me" Hamilton and all the others who thank the lord for their success piss me right off. If God exists there's shit-loads more crap in the world to deal with before he wastes time riding shotgun in a McLaren <_< .

Very good Taxi :lol: .

Not seen enough of Kaka to make any sort of relative judgement in the debate....but that T-shirt makes me nauseous :sick01: .

Can't be doing with that god bothering stuff....by all means go to church and give them as much money as you like (though if he's looking for good causes I can think of a thousand or two more worthwhile), but don't inflict it on the rest of us. Pienaar's borderline...but I can just about forgive him.

Lewis "god in the car with me" Hamilton and all the others who thank the lord for their success piss me right off. If God exists there's shit-loads more crap in the world to deal with before he wastes time riding shotgun in a McLaren <_< .

At the age of eighteen, Kaká suffered a career-threatening and possibly paralysis-inducing spinal fracture as a result of a swimming pool accident, but remarkably made a full recovery. He attributes his recovery to God and has since tithed his income to his church.

Personal life and religion

A devout evangelical Christian, Kaká became engrossed in religion at twelve: "I learnt that it is faith that decides whether something will happen or not." He removed his jersey to reveal an "I Belong to Jesus" T-shirt and openly engaged in prayer moments after the final whistle of Brazil's 2002 World Cup, and Milan's 2004 Scudetto and 2007 Champions League triumphs. He also had the same phrase, along with "God Is Faithful," stitched onto the tongues of his boots. During the postmatch celebration following Brazil's 4–1 win over Argentina in the 2005 FIFA Confederations Cup final, he and several of his teammates wore T-shirts that read "Jesus Loves You" in various languages.

Kaká is a member of the organization Atletas de Cristo ("Athletes of Christ"). His goal celebration consists of him pointing to the sky as a gesture of thanks to God. Kaká's favourite music is gospel, and his favourite book is the Bible. Since November 2004, he has served as an Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations' World Food Programme, the youngest to do so at the time of his appointment.

Kaká was sworn in as an Italian citizen on February 12, 2007. He features prominently in Adidas advertising and also has a modeling contract with Armani, but the latter prevented him from appearing in a photo collection alongside his Milan teammates that was published by Dolce & Gabbana in early 2007.

He married his childhood sweetheart Caroline Celico on December 23, 2005 at the evangelical Reborn in Christ Church in São Paulo. Their first child, Luca Celico Leite, was born in São Paulo on June 10, 2008.

I get what you're saying, but remember, south americans tend to be very devount religious people, and given his history, and his recovery, it's easy to see where he get's his devotion. Points to him for staying true to himself and his faith.

Also, it appears that the deal is going through. He's hurt that Milan agreed to city's offer, and that might swing his will...

He's not a winger on paper. He's a winger since he was youth, it's what he's been trained to do, what he does best. Not having a proper striker last season meant he had the freedom to come into the area and score. This year, like you said, with berbatov, and tevez, and ronney and anderson, he has more support, but less room, so naturally he'll score less. To say that it was just one season, well, I seem to recall that in 2006/07 he was a pretty influential player as well, netting united the tittle, against mourinho's chelsea. He scored 20+ goals, and people we're saying at the time it was an impressive season fo him, and hard to top.

About that brasil-portugal game, did you actually saw it?? We got ripped by everyone, but actually, kaká didn't do all that much, Robinho and Luis Fabiano pretty much did the most damage. Not to defend Portugal, since i'm up to here with Queiroz, and i hope he leaves fast, but a friendly game, played after a 10 hour flight, against a side with the quality of brasil, it's bound to be a goal fest. And they scored practically everytime they got to out area, which goes to show how well we defended... But calling a friendly a big game, even if it's brasil and portugal, i mean...

And by the way, isn't the mark of a great, world class player, the trophies he's won? Kaká, champions league against liverpool, but internally, unable to prevent Inter from dominating the scene, and, this year, with a host of star players, even Juventus seem more threatning. Ronaldo has 2 premierships and a CL, mostly due to his influence on the team, and, granted, this year, he's clearly still bellow the highest form he produced last year, but united are still the team to beat, with far more solutions, meaning they don't depend on him so much.

Anyways, it's clear that we share different views on the matter. I understand city's move for kaká, they need creativity in their mid-field, and someone that has played with robinho before is a great adition, so I'd probably do the same as them, and it's more likely kaká accepts than ronaldo, that's for sure. And besides, at this time, if I had the means, there's only one player I'd do my best to buy, and that's messi.

Do you understand the meaning of on paper? it means what position he plays simple as a winger as i have already said. He did not play that position last seaon he played in a supportive role to Rooney my reason for pointing this out is you kept going on about how much he achieved for a winger.

The only reason Kaka has not won more is the fact he plays for a weaker side then that of Utd its like me saying what has Ronaldo won with Portugal and Kaka Brazil the team win trophies not one player.

In terms of winning things again he has chosen to play for Milan for some years a team that has an average age of around 32/33 so to say just because a team is above them a player in that team is not as good as another its pretty stupid to be fair like when Chelsea won the League was Ronaldo a poor player for them no far from it.

I did see most of the Portugal Brazil game and no game against Brazil irrespectful of what nation you come it is not taken as lightly like most friendlies are anyway back to my point Kaka pulled the strings for Brazil with three assists all you have to do is watch the game which you can if you type it into google and its there to be seen. As i have already said if he was not an ex member of you football club Sporting and a fellow countrymen i dont think we would be having this conversation.

If we are talking about awards and trophies as you said which to me means nothing but here you go.

As you said Messi is the man on fire at the moment but this is why i rate Kaka above Ronaldo is that he is more consistant next year it will be someone else who's name is being mentioned as "the best" which happens every year but for me Kaka is always there or there abouts.

Kaka

Copa São Paulo de Juniores: 2000

Torneio Rio-São Paulo: 2001

Campeonato Paulista: 2002

Milan

Serie A: 2004

Italian Super Cup: 2004

UEFA Champions League: 2006–07

International

FIFA World Cup: 2002

CONCACAF Gold Cup

FIFA Confederations Cup: 2005

UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007

FIFA Club World Cup: 2007

Individual

Revista Placar Bola de Ouro: 2002

Campeonato Brasileiro Bola de Prata (best player by position): 2002

CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI: 2003

Serie A Young Footballer of the Year: 2003

Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2004, 2006, 2007

Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2004,2007

UEFA Champions League Best Midfielder: 2005

UEFA Team of the Year: 2006, 2007

FIFPro World XI: 2006, 2007, 2008

UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 2006–07

UEFA Champions League Best Forward: 2006–07

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007

FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007

Ballon d'Or: 2007

FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2007

Toyota Award: 2007

FIFA World Player of the Year: 2007

Onze d'Or: 2007

IFFHS World‘s Best Playmaker: 2007

IAAF Latin Sportsman of the Year: 2007

Time 100: 2008

Maracanã Hall Of Fame: 2008

Samba d`or: 2008

Ronaldo

Club

Manchester United

Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08

FA Cup: 2003–04

League Cup: 2005–06

FA Community Shield: 2007

UEFA Champions League: 2007–08

FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

Individual

UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the Tournament

FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06

Portuguese Footballer of the Year: 2006–07

UEFA Team of the Year: 2003–2004, 2006–07

FIFPro World XI: 2006–07, 2007–08

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2006–07

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08

Barclays Player of the Season: 2006–07, 2007–08

Barclays Player of the Month: November–December 2006, January 2008, March 2008

Barclays Golden Boot: 2007–08

Barclays Merit Award: 2007–08

European Golden Shoe: 2007–08

UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2007–08

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007–08

FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007–08

Ballon d'Or: 2008

FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008

This is im sorry to say the last im going to say on the subject Sporting my fingers are sore now so you will have to find another sparing partner :lol: mate all the best

Kaka is better :whistle:

Edited by EFC-Paul

I get what you're saying, but remember, south americans tend to be very devount religious people, and given his history, and his recovery, it's easy to see where he get's his devotion. Points to him for staying true to himself and his faith.

Nah....I nearly died in 1993. Saved by doctors, not God (and I don't feel the need to wear a shirt saying "I belong to Dr Davies" :D ).

If I was god I'd get well pissed off with all this obsequious grovelling people insist on performing....just get on with your life and say "thanks mate, it was a blast" when it's over :rolleyes: .

Do you understand the meaning of on paper? it means what position he plays simple as a winger as i have already said. He did not play that position last seaon he played in a supportive role to Rooney my reason for pointing this out is you kept going on about how much he achieved for a winger.

The fact that he didn't play so much in a winger position isn't the point. The point is that his training wasn't on goalscoring, it was on speed, pace, crossing, some shooting, yes, but the emphasis isn't on goal-scoring. That's my point. The fact that he also scores a lot shows the range of his skills. I'm not saying Kaká is without skills, and do't forget, they play in very different positions, so it's not that easy to simply go on an simple numbers comparison, like comparing goals and assists.

The only reason Kaka has not won more is the fact he plays for a weaker side then that of Utd its like me saying what has Ronaldo won with Portugal and Kaka Brazil the team win trophies not one player.

In terms of winning things again he has chosen to play for Milan for some years a team that has an average age of around 32/33 so to say just because a team is above them a player in that team is not as good as another its pretty stupid to be fair like when Chelsea won the League was Ronaldo a poor player for them no far from it.

Milan is NOT a weak side. True, they were involved in that scandal a few year's back, but weak they are not. Milan, Inter and Juventus are on par with the big 4 on england, maybe even Roma, but to a lesser degree.

I did see most of the Portugal Brazil game and no game against Brazil irrespectful of what nation you come it is not taken as lightly like most friendlies are anyway back to my point Kaka pulled the strings for Brazil with three assists all you have to do is watch the game which you can if you type it into google and its there to be seen. As i have already said if he was not an ex member of you football club Sporting and a fellow countrymen i dont think we would be having this conversation.

I dissagree. Kaká played ok, but Robinho and Luis Fabiano were clearly the deciding factors. And no, it's not a question of him beeing a former Sporting player. I do try to keep a level of consistency in my oppinions, and be as unbiased as possible. Our national team is doing very bad at the moment. A loss at home against denmark, 2 stupid draws against sweden and letonia, or some other low level european side similar, that in itself shows you you can't judge one player for what the squad isn't doing. I've already said it, I hope Queiroz crashes and burns. I have serious doubts we'll qualify to the world cup this year, and it's about time. We lost a once in a lifetime opportunity to win a competition playing at home, but still, the same corrupt people stay in our federation, and the same has been coaches keep coming and going, with certain players having garanteed places, even when clearly out of form. Anyways. this is just to put into contrast that, while brasil has a squad of superstars that play as team, portugal as a team of superstars that play for themselves.

As you said Messi is the man on fire at the moment but this is why i rate Kaka above Ronaldo is that he is more consistant next year it will be someone else who's name is being mentioned as "the best" which happens every year but for me Kaka is always there or there abouts.

Kaka

Copa São Paulo de Juniores: 2000

Torneio Rio-São Paulo: 2001

Campeonato Paulista: 2002

Milan

Serie A: 2004

Italian Super Cup: 2004

UEFA Champions League: 2006–07

International

FIFA World Cup: 2002

CONCACAF Gold Cup

FIFA Confederations Cup: 2005

UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007

FIFA Club World Cup: 2007

Individual

Revista Placar Bola de Ouro: 2002

Campeonato Brasileiro Bola de Prata (best player by position): 2002

CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI: 2003

Serie A Young Footballer of the Year: 2003

Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2004, 2006, 2007

Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2004,2007

UEFA Champions League Best Midfielder: 2005

UEFA Team of the Year: 2006, 2007

FIFPro World XI: 2006, 2007, 2008

UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 2006–07

UEFA Champions League Best Forward: 2006–07

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007

FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007

Ballon d'Or: 2007

FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2007

Toyota Award: 2007

FIFA World Player of the Year: 2007

Onze d'Or: 2007

IFFHS World‘s Best Playmaker: 2007

IAAF Latin Sportsman of the Year: 2007

Time 100: 2008

Maracanã Hall Of Fame: 2008

Samba d`or: 2008

Ronaldo

Club

Manchester United

Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08

FA Cup: 2003–04

League Cup: 2005–06

FA Community Shield: 2007

UEFA Champions League: 2007–08

FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

Individual

UEFA Euro 2004 Team of the Tournament

FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06

Portuguese Footballer of the Year: 2006–07

UEFA Team of the Year: 2003–2004, 2006–07

FIFPro World XI: 2006–07, 2007–08

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2006–07

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08

Barclays Player of the Season: 2006–07, 2007–08

Barclays Player of the Month: November–December 2006, January 2008, March 2008

Barclays Golden Boot: 2007–08

Barclays Merit Award: 2007–08

European Golden Shoe: 2007–08

UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2007–08

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007–08

FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007–08

Ballon d'Or: 2008

FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008

Well, individually, seems pretty balanced, club and national, well, shows the difference between playing for brasil and playing for portugal, and playing for united and playing for milan. If you look at the dates of individual awards, I think you'll have to agree that there's a level of consistency to both of them. If you go by the fifa award, they've both been in the top 10 these past 3 years, and, dare i say, will be there again this year. The thing is, while ronaldo did an amazing season last year, I've not seen any player achieve that before, beeing so instrumental in a team's success. Messi is certainly doing it this year, and Barcelona appear to be an unstopable monster at the moment. However, my point of the age gap still stands. While Kaká is pretty close to his prime, and in 3-4 years he'll be slowing down, Ronaldo, in 3-4 years, could very well be at the top of his form. So that why I stick to my view that, all factors considered, between Kaká and Ronaldo, Ronaldo is a better player, for all he's done, what he's doing, and what he can still do.

Nevertheless, to show you that i'm not biased, I have no problem in saying that, if things keep progressing as they appear, Messi is gonna be above them all.

Nah....I nearly died in 1993. Saved by doctors, not God (and I don't feel the need to wear a shirt saying "I belong to Dr Davies" :D ).

If I was god I'd get well pissed off with all this obsequious grovelling people insist on performing....just get on with your life and say "thanks mate, it was a blast" when it's over :rolleyes: .

Well, like I said, you clearly don't undestand the south americans, when i say they're very devout to their religion, even more so than the traditional christian countries in europe, like italy, spain and portugal. I mean flogging themselves kind of devout. Crucifying themselves kind of devout...

As for you, wearing a shirt saying "I belong to Dr Davies", well... Everyone is entitled to their preferences, and, dare I say, your mother would be proud, after all, not everyone get's to hook up with a doctor ;)