IGNORED

Talking To The Enemy

jamiemaher85

I've decided to start up the pre-match interview's with opposing fans, here is the first installment, brought to you from the lovelly people from www.westbrom.com

1) How do you feel your season has been going and does it live up to your pre-season expectations?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: I expected to get beat every week, and we have been, no surprise there.

BaggieJules: I expected us to be fighting a relegation battle, which we certainly have been doing. Although there have been times (ie. these last two games) where we have been really struggling with the battle side of things.

Mellor23: Yeah, it very much does go with my pre-season prediction for a long hard battle in the league.

Vince Lombardi: In regards to points gained I feel we have exceeded my expectations, however in regards to our position I thought we'd be doing better. Other teams like Stoke and Hull have done far better than I anticipated.

2) At the beginning of the season alot was said about the fact that Mowbery liked to "play proper football", do you think that his style has worked at a higher level and do you think he is the right man to be in charge?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Mowbray is definately the man for the job, if we had some money then we could be doing so much better than what we are doing.

BaggieJules: Tony Mowbray has been the best manager we've had certainly in my generation, and I'm fully convinced that he is the man to take us to the next level. The problem doesn't lie in the ability of the manager.

Mellor23: Yeah, i do think that his style has worked at the higher level, however, basic errors have let us down over the course of the season

Vince Lombardi: His style of play is spot on. Our issue is the fact we have the lowest wage structure in the league, and this has in turn resulted in a lower quality of players. We're doing our best, but at the end of the day money can bring in quality.

3) With the gulf between the Premiership and Championship do you think you can rid yourself of the "yo-yo" club tag, and what do you think it would take to solidify Premiership football?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Millions of pounds!

BaggieJules: A huge level of investment. We simply don't command I high enough level of wages to establish ourselves at this level. Shame.

Mellor23: Yeah, i think we can solidify if we stay up this year, and we manage to gain a very rich owner, or perhaps just invest in better quality players.

Vince Lombardi: To get rid of our "Yo-Yo" tag we need a new chairman, someone who is willing to put in money and allow us a wage structure that is competitive at Premiership Level.

4) Who has been your strongest performer this year?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Jonas Olsson and in recent weeks Marc Antoine-Fortune. James Morrison has been good as well.

BaggieJules: James Morrison has been a real revelation for me. He was obviously fantastic for us last season but I wasn't convinced he would make the step up to the Premiership, but he has been fantastic for us this season. Also, in recent weeks Jay Simpson and Marc-Antoine Fortune have looked very good and we are kinda hoping they will be the Kevin Campbell/Kieran Richardson type catalyst figures for us. Scott Carson will be a future England number 1 once he irons out some of his errors and gets more confidence to boss his penalty area.

Mellor23: Strongest performer for me? Erm, i think it has to go to Jonas Olsson. Been very much a revelation since his arrival, and i have been quietly surprised by his very good performances. Been missed in recent weeks.

Vince Lombardi: Strongest performer of the year has to be our centre half Jonas Olsson. He has been injured for a while and could be making his first return back against you lot, so I wouldn't expect too much from him after his lengthy layoff. Besides Olsson, look out for James Morrison. Although not on fire at the moment, he has been a very good performer for us over the course of the season.

5) Who has been your weakest performer?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Most of them really, everyones been far too inconsistent.

BaggieJules: Paul Robinson sticks out in mind as being very frustrating, particularly since we have another left back in Marek Cech who has looked far better when he has played. Borja Valero has looked very princely for his price tag as well and seems to look for too lightweight for this league.

Mellor23: For me, weakest performer? A mix of players really, between, Robinson,Koren,Greening,Brunt and Zuiverloon. But, i think this one has to go to Zuiverloon, very much out of position a lot, and failure to mark tightly has cost us dearly, same to be said about Robinson however!

Vince Lombardi: I'd have to say Leon Barnett at centre defence. He has been making numerous mistakes and looks completely out of his depth at this level.

6) Any bright stars for the future?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Graham Dorrans and Jay Simpson

BaggieJules: Jay Simpson is going to be brilliant in a few years, but not for us. I've already mentioned Scott Carson.

Mellor23: Yeah, for me our bright stars are, Ishmael Miller, James Morrison and Jay Simpson.

Vince Lombardi: Bright stars for the future, well I haven't seen too much of the Academy kids, although Alliyu has been getting some praise. From the younger players in our senior squad I'd have to say both Ishmael Miller, and James Morrison are both players who I feel will be big names in the Premiership in future years. Jay Simpson (on loan from Arsenal) is also a name to look out for in the future. He's been fantastic since signing for us on loan.

7) Who do you think is the biggest threat in the Everton squad?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Jo and Saha

BaggieJules: I've been very impressed with Fellaini this season, looks very strong in the air and could punish us with that. Not to mention that incredible hair do!

Mellor23: Marouane Fellaini, big physical presence, something we haven't dealt very well with all season.

Vince Lombardi: Lescott. As stated by another poster, he will cause us no end of trouble at set pieces.

8 ) Any previous meetings that stick out in your mind?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: West Brom 4-0 Everton, brief moment of glory.

BaggieJules: 1-0 at the Hawthorns during the Great Escape season. Zoltan Gera scored the only goal that day if I remember correctly.

Mellor23: Yeah, the season we were last relegated, when we beat you 4-0! . Our worst player got a hat-trick!

Vince Lombardi: The last game at our place sticks in my mind. I felt we controlled and dominated the game, and to find ourselves on the end of a 2-1 defeat was very hard to grasp.

9) What's your assesment of Everton's season so far?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Done pretty well given the injuries you have had, i've always seen Everton as a proper traditional club

BaggieJules: Very good despite a shoddy start from what I've gathered. Was fantastic to see Dan Gosling score the winner in the derby. Great moment. Although it may be too late this season, I would love to see your lot knock Villa off their perch in their "quest to break the top four".

Mellor23: Again, a very typical season, where you gain results even on days where you look like you aint going to be able to. I think to get through so many games without a striker is an achievement in itself to be honest, but defensively you've been very good. Also, two teenage bargains in Rodwell and Gosling, definitely ones for the future. Dont think you'll pip the top four though.

Vince Lombardi: Once you sorted your contract talks with Moyes you've been back on track and becoming very successful. Everton are strong with a quality Manager, and I see good things for your club ahead.

10) Predictions for the game

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Everton (several) - (not many) West Brom

BaggieJules: I can see at least a 2-0 defeat unfortunately. Arteta being out, leaves me with a little bit of hope as I think he really adds that extra creativity to your midfield. But with the way we have been playing lately...

Mellor23: Everton 1-2 West Brom

Vince Lombardi: 2-0 win for you guys. Can't see us scoring, perhaps maybe the 1 goal for us if we're lucky. We're just so pathetic in defence, you will have a field day. I'm just hoping the return of Jonas Olsson (if fit to play) can make a difference, but as it's his first game back from a lengthy layoff I won't hold my breath.

Edited by jamiemaher85

9) What's your assesment of Everton's season so far?

Brunt’sLeftBoot: Done pretty well given the injuries you have had, i've always seen Everton as a proper traditional club

BaggieJules: Very good despite a shoddy start from what I've gathered. Was fantastic to see Dan Gosling score the winner in the derby. Great moment. Although it may be too late this season, I would love to see your lot knock Villa off their perch in their "quest to break the top four".

Mellor23: Again, a very typical season, where you gain results even on days where you look like you aint going to be able to. I think to get through so many games without a striker is an achievement in itself to be honest, but defensively you've been very good. Also, two teenage bargains in Rodwell and Gosling, definitely ones for the future. Dont think you'll pip the top four though.

Vince Lombardi: Once you sorted your contract talks with Moyes you've been back on track and becoming very successful. Everton are strong with a quality Manager, and I see good things for your club ahead.

They like us alot it seems.

Was a good read, thanks!