IGNORED

Talking To The Enemy

jamiemaher85

This games installement is brought to you by the lovelly people at www.bluemoon-mcfc.com

1) How do you feel this season has panned out considering the pre-season optimism created by the new takeover?

Andouble: With the talent on the squad both at the beginning of the season and added in January I am disappointed with the league position. Dropped a lot of easy points in places where they should have been gained.

Halfpenny: A little disappointingly, I don't think we've built on last year and though we've got an outside chance of 7th, I thought we'd be closer to the top 6. The money didn't affect what I thought were the goals for this season, because it came a bit too late.

Prestwich_Blue: The takeover was actually in September so the season was well under way. The excitement it generated was tremendous but most people realised success wasn't going to happen overnight. My prediction was 6-8th place in the League, a decent run in at least one of the domestic cups and last 32/16 in the UEFA Cup. We can still achieve the first, failed spectacularly in the second and did better than I thought on the third. So about where we should be but our away from has been the big downer.

mcfcjosh: I wasnt expecting miracles anyway due to a lack of time to spend money, and after all we were not as good as some people thought last season and needed a lot of improving, and we are still in with a realistic shout of europe so not that bad although i feel if we had won a lot of the games we should have i.e Fullham when winning or west brom away we would have been a lot better off, but with a great european run the season hasnt actually been that bad

2) Unlike many Premier League managers Mark Hughes has been given the luxery of time. Do you feel he is the right man for the job?

Andouble: Hughes' players are great but his tactics are inept.

Halfpenny: No

Prestwich_Blue: Who knows. I think he'll make us a better team in 2/3 seasons but don't know yet whether he's the man to crack the top 4. If he does to us what Moyes did to you in his second season (17th) then he'll be sacked. But you were right to keep Moyes so what's the answer...

mcfcjosh: I still don't think hughes has been given enough time yet, it takes more than a season to build your squad and hughes should be given more time. Just look at Moyes for the perfect example of what time can do!

3) How long do you think it will be until you are realistically challenging for the title?

Andouble: 2011-2012

Halfpenny: Three or four years.

Prestwich_Blue: 3 more seasons so would expect us to be seriously challenging for top 4 in 2011/12.

mcfcjosh: Well knowing the luck this club has a long time probably. Im not expecting it in the next season or two or even 3 or 4 realistically, hopefully in around 5 years very max we will be up there with te best. However if some of the stories of players coming to us are true we could do it sooner but i don't like to be to optimistic as i will be let down like always!

4) Lescott and Arteta have both been linked to City. Do you think they would be worthwhile purchases and how much would you be willing to spend on them?

Andouble: Both would be great acquisitions, Lescott moreso than Arteta just because CB is more of a need than attacking options, IMO.

Halfpenny: I reckon they'd be good signings, Lescott especially.

Prestwich_Blue: Both would be good buys. I'd give you £25m for the pair and you'd be tempted to take it I suspect.

mcfcjosh: well i would definatly have either of them in our squad, they are both great players who would strenghten our squad. We have quite a weak defence so Lescott would be a good addition as he is a player i rate, however arteta is a player who i am a massive fan of and would pay £20m+ for him, for Lescoot i wouldn't expect to pay over £10m and would look elsewhere if that was the case

5) The summer will doubtless bring large changes to the club. Who has not cut it this year and should go adn who do you realistically think you should bring in?

Andouble: Defensive reinforcements and replacements, a top-of-the-line striker, and attacking midfielder, in that order

Halfpenny: Oh, where do I start? Dunne and Richards have both had awful seasons, and the deadwood such as Mills, Ball, Vassell, Fernandes, Jo etc need to go. A new manager would be nice too.

Prestwich_Blue: Lots will go in the summer. Quite a few (Ball, Hamann, Vassell, Mills) are out of contract and won't be retained. A few of the forwards will go (Jo, Benjani and either or both of Sturridge & Caicedo). Ben Haim has been one of Hughes' rare failures and no one is sure about Elano. Seems like Santa Cruz will be coming and I'd also like Lescott & Arteta. We need some class up front & Henry has been mentioned.

mcfcjosh: Well as for players going out there is an awful lot of dead wood in our team and this needs sorting, i think that we should be looking at your squad but more so villas when they are at full strength as you are the targets to beat next season and saying who in our squad would even get a look in and there is a lot that wouldn't and need to go. As far as bringing players in i don't really think we can even begin to guess with the amount of players we have been linked with.

6 ) What are your views on Jo? He has scored goals without ever playing fantastically for us? Do you want him back?

Andouble: Doesn't seem a Hughes-type player and I don't think he'll be back.

Halfpenny: Didn't really rate him at City, he came with a large price tag and that brings with it big expectations.

Prestwich_Blue: We don't need Jo but I've heard Moyes is not impressed either but that could be just for negotiating purposes. How does £15m and Jo for JL & MA sound?

mcfcjosh: i think jo is a player who needed time to settle, however he couldn't do that with us due to a lack of oppurtunities and fans already expecting him to fail and because of this he needed to go somewhere with a clean slate now he has adapted a bit and see how he does. Like you say though he isn't setting the world on fire with performances but he is getting goals so its a stepping stone for a player with some potential. I think we were right to loan him out and if we could get our money back maybe think about selling but if not bring him back as there is potentail there.

6) What do you think about Evertons season?

Andouble: Great season, hope you guys win the FA Cup

Halfpenny: You've had a pretty good season, getting to the cup final beating the rags on the way makes it a good one on its own. (Thanks for doing that by the way!) In a way you've achieved what I wanted City to.

Prestwich_Blue: You've had another great season and still could end up with silverware. We were all delighted with your win on Sunday of course. Take the money for Lescott & Arteta and if Moyes spends as well as he usually does then you could even conceivably start to put some pressure on Arsenal.

mcfcjosh: I think everton get unfairly criticised a lot by people who think they have nothing but luck, but luck alone doesn't take a club to the fa cup final and 5/6th in the league. I think there are some good players there in a very well organised squad with a great manager

7) What are your predictions for the game?

Andouble: Confident we can nick a positive result with you playing 120 on Sunday and at the Bridge Wednesday. 1-1

Halfpenny: Cup hangover would do very nicely thanks, 2-1 City. Good job Jo isn't playing, ex-city players always score against us. You're a bit of a bogey team for us though so I wouldn't be all too surprised if we lost.

Prestwich_Blue: We haven't been playing well away from home at all and Goodison is not the best place to visit under those circumstances. I still fancy we could get a point though. You've nothing really to play for in the league and will have had two hard games in a week. Hopefully no one will want to get injured for the Cup Final.

mcfcjosh: Well we are pathetic away from home and you are a very hard team to beat who are high on confidence and i say about 2-0 to you. Although without Jo will goals be hard to come by?