IGNORED

Crouch

Guest efctaxi

Guest efctaxi

Lot of mooners seem to think that a deal for £10 mill has already been struck .

Anyone else heard anything ?

If it's true , then we might get Jo on the cheap .

Crouch to city?

that's like bellamy.. Why are they going for the "semi-good" strikers??

I rate Jo higher hopefully this could help us with a possible Transfer, what does Man City care if we pay a few pound less, like they would miss it.

and besides, we let them win at goodison :P

Guest efctaxi
I think he would be a good signing for them. He is a model proffesional who enjoys his football, plays for his country and has had a good scroing record for quite a few years now. What more could you ask for.

Even better signing for us perhaps :)

I'd prefer Crouch or Jo over Saha! Put a chance on a plate for Saha and he probably could put it away, but we don't tend to put many on the plate for our forwards, we ask a tad more of them than that.

If we started next season with a fit Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe, what we (or Moyes more to the point) need to ask ourselves is who or what do we need to complement or act as a foil to those mentioned.......I would say Crouch offers a different style to mix things and could see him holding and passing in the Everton style.That said, Jo seems to be settling in really well.

I wonder, if Moyse goes for the single striker, will he see three fit strikers with Cahill and Fellaini as backup, as enough.....meaning will he spend big money to add to Yak, Vaughan and Victor.

I'd be happy with a strike force of Yak, Jo, Vaughny and Vic next year. As i've said in other threads, and as you have commented, Jo is setteling in well now and i've had a bit of a turnaround on him. Plus he's young. Though what money we have (which I imagine will be very little) is really going define our next season. Can't see us heavily investing in anyone TBH

Guest efctaxi
I'd prefer Crouch or Jo over Saha! Put a chance on a plate for Saha and he probably could put it away, but we don't tend to put many on the plate for our forwards, we ask a tad more of them than that.

If we started next season with a fit Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe, what we (or Moyes more to the point) need to ask ourselves is who or what do we need to complement or act as a foil to those mentioned.......I would say Crouch offers a different style to mix things and could see him holding and passing in the Everton style.That said, Jo seems to be settling in really well.

I wonder, if Moyse goes for the single striker, will he see three fit strikers with Cahill and Fellaini as backup, as enough.....meaning will he spend big money to add to Yak, Vaughan and Victor.

Unless he reads the game differently to me , his biggest priority must be to bolster the midfield and right side , and see what we have left for Jo / Crouch etc .

Edited by efctaxi

Unless he reads the game differently to me , his biggest priority must be to bolster the midfield and right side , and see what we have left for Jo / Crouch etc .

To be honest I think its the left side we need to look at and then push Pienaar over to the right. Think about it, he is right footed, he casued most damge when coming in from the right (for both goals) whenever he is on the left wing he always has to cut back in onto his preferred foot. If we sign a left winger it will improve the team no end. We will have a decent left winger for the first time in over 10 years and we would be able to get the best out of Pienaar as well.

Thing is we don't have much money!....or so were led to believe.....but we do have a few players Man City would like.They DON'T really want Jo back (little bit of bad feeling creaping in) I think, so they will I think try some kind of smart move........JO plus some kind of big'ish money for one of our gems!!

I don't really want that!

Thing is we don't have much money!....or so were led to believe.....but we do have a few players Man City would like.They DON'T really want Jo back (little bit of bad feeling creaping in) I think, so they will I think try some kind of smart move........JO plus some kind of big'ish money for one of our gems!!

I don't really want that!

Me either. As much as I would like Jo to stay I would hate to see the likes of J.Lo or Spud leave. He ain't worth that.

Guest efctaxi
To be honest I think its the left side we need to look at and then push Pienaar over to the right. Think about it, he is right footed, he casued most damge when coming in from the right (for both goals) whenever he is on the left wing he always has to cut back in onto his preferred foot. If we sign a left winger it will improve the team no end. We will have a decent left winger for the first time in over 10 years and we would be able to get the best out of Pienaar as well.

We could always get another left back and push Baines forward :)