IGNORED

Nba Finals

LA Lakers vs Orlando Magic ... place your bets .... I'm going with LA in 6 but then again I also had Cleveland in 4.

lewis, turkoglu, howard, lee, alston versus kobe, fisher, gasol, bynum, ariza .... seems to favor LA, with Odom the better benchplayer I can't really see the Lakers loose.

Both Bynum and Gasol can score, something which Ilgauskas and Varejao clearly couldn't.. Kobe is only a little bit less dangerous than Lebron but still otherworldly and Ariza is a top defender ... the point guards cancel each other out.

I'm thinking an average of 6 fouls per game for Howard, a nice choke job by Turkoglu and irrelevant performances by the Orlando backcourt.

No, the even lowlier Warriors. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, you know, so I hate most Los Angeles teams just on general principle (LA and the Bay Area are big sports rivals), but with the Lakers it's just that much more so because they're always so good and the Warriors are always so damn pathetic.

And now you also know why I've watched exactly six NBA games (specifically, the six against Dallas in the '07 playoffs) in the last 15 years. :lol:

Edited by JD in DC

No, the even lowlier Warriors. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, you know, so I hate most Los Angeles teams just on general principle (LA and the Bay Area are big sports rivals), but with the Lakers it's just that much more so because they're always so good and the Warriors are always so damn pathetic.

And now you also know why I've watched exactly six NBA games (specifically, the six against Dallas in the '07 playoffs) in the last 15 years. :lol:

:)

well you've missed some excellent excellent games this year (Cavs - Magic games 1 through 4 for starters) ...

I actually quite like the Warriors, you have the second best crowd in the league (after Utah :P), however last offseason set you back a few years with some dumb moves by Mullin (if he's still the GM).

I'm looking forward to this years finals, shouldn't be a blowout.

:)

well you've missed some excellent excellent games this year (Cavs - Magic games 1 through 4 for starters) ...

I actually quite like the Warriors, you have the second best crowd in the league (after Utah :P), however last offseason set you back a few years with some dumb moves by Mullin (if he's still the GM).

I'm looking forward to this years finals, shouldn't be a blowout.

He's not the GM anymore, and in fact most of those moves you're talking about were not his fault. It's really much too complicated to get into in any detail here, but basically there was a major power struggle going on for most of the last year with Mullin on one side and Robert Rowell (the team President) on the other, and Mullin lost. Most of those dumb moves you're talking about were Rowell's decisions, often in opposition to what Mullin wanted to do. The team officially let Mullin go a few weeks ago, but he's effectively had no power anyway since last fall.

Edited by JD in DC