IGNORED

3 Aliens

DangerMouse

I had posted this in another quiz topic but thought it was so good id give it its own .... :P:P:P

so I say so myself...... anyway...

Three aliens 1 , 2 , and 3 are summoned randomly, True, False, and Random. True speaks the truth, False tells porkie pies, but Random answers in whatever way he likes. Determine the names of 1,2 & 3 by playing yes-no.... your allowed 3 goes; 1 question per alien. The aliens can speak english, but will answer in their own language, the alien words for yes and no are “ummpa” and “lumpa”, in some order. You have no idea what the hell they are talking about.....

Determine the identities of Aliens 1 2 & 3 and explain how you discovered their names

Edited by DangerMouse

1. Ask alien 1, "If I asked you 'Are you Random?' in your current mental state, would you say 'umpa'?"

If 1 answers 'umpa', then 1 is Random:

2a. Ask alien 2, "If I asked you 'Are you True?', would you say 'umpa'?"

If 2 answers 'umpa', then 2 is True and 3 is False.

If 2 answers 'lumpa', then 2 is False and 3 is True. In both cases, the puzzle is solved.

If 1 answers 'lumpa', then 1 is not Random:

2b. Ask alien 1, "If I asked you 'Are you True?', would you say 'umpa'?"

If 1 answers 'umpa', then 1 is True.

If 1 answers 'lumpa', then 1 is False.

3. Ask alien 1, "If I asked you 'Is 2 Random?', would you say 'umpa'?"

If 1 answers 'umpa', then 2 is Random, and 3 is the opposite of 1.

If 1 answers 'lumpa', then 3 is Random, and 2 is the opposite of 1.

1 = False

2 = Truth

3 = Random

Edited by tenaciousj

solved very quickly eh :)

can i just say if people know the answers to quizzes can they hold back or pm or summat cos no one else gets a chance say if they dont come on the board durin the day. especially if you use google to answer it. dont wanna be pissy or out but not much point in postin them otherwise

Edited by marcopaulo

No one living is going to get it....you know that DM :D

So if you canrn't win.................. cheat????????

I actually come accross this when doing my A-Levels donkeys ago..... Its a challenge to solve but its not impossible...... just a bit of Logic........ not a riddle...

The whole idea is to test yourself and your mind......

Edited by DangerMouse

solved very quickly eh :)

can i just say if people know the answers to quizzes can they hold back or pm or summat cos no one else gets a chance say if they dont come on the board durin the day. especially if you use google to answer it. dont wanna be pissy or out but not much point in postin them otherwise

Yeah thats cool! Will keep in mind my friend...!

and thats the only one i have done on...only because i know how hard that one was :mellow:

Ive actually got a good Idea....... If I post all my shit from work.... any chance tenaciousj?????? :P:P

How are you at Mechanics / Physics

Ill go get a coffee

:lol: :lol: :lol: tickled me that

i was gonna do this one love little puzzles like this :D no point googlin stuff like this though as its meant to be a test! not like a knowledgable fact which i dont have an issue with people googling for answers like whats the capital etc cos if you dont know you cant figure it out. stuff like this though is fun to do and challenging also :D

Ive actually got a good Idea....... If I post all my shit from work.... any chance tenaciousj?????? :P:P

How are you at Mechanics / Physics

Ill go get a coffee

Deal....will you ring round all my volunteers, and give them updates on all the activities that they and their disabled children will be attending over the next 6 months? Plus ive got a few link meetings tonight so i would be highly greatful if you would attend those :P ....i can't give you my other job...thats too naughty ;) and far too enjoyable :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: tickled me that

i was gonna do this one love little puzzles like this :D no point googlin stuff like this though as its meant to be a test! not like a knowledgable fact which i dont have an issue with people googling for answers like whats the capital etc cos if you dont know you cant figure it out. stuff like this though is fun to do and challenging also :D

Two fish in a tank...(guess what comes next)?