IGNORED

I Hate Xbox!

craigb

Ive always been one to defend them, but im majorly pissed off today. Sent my xbox off the other week because it had that error (Red Ring of Death) Anyhow it came back today to my work, so i was made up. I opened the box and found a letter, stating the xbox had been tampered with or attempted to be tampered with, so they wernt going to fix it. How cheeky is that. its microsofts fault, they should never have released a console with such a high profile error. i am really pissed off. Ok time for my slight confession - I attempted to open the xbox a good while ago, only because im quite technical and my console kept just switching off so i was going to have a look at it. Anyhow i couldnt get the lid of without snapping the side so i just left it. Never opened it at all. Now because of this they wont fix my xbox which is still within the 3 years your allowed to get it fixed for free. Ive played Fifa10 about 3 times, and i couldnt wait to get back on it. I now dont know what to do, i think they may lose my custom, i might get a ps3 at least you dont have to deal with all this crap :(

I got my brother to fix my ring of death, it now works perfectly.

Apparently a dead simple fix but it voids your warranty (as you found out) if someone other than Microsoft opens the console.

yeah, i have just bought a ps3 slimline with fifa10 as im fed up with having to deal with this problem. I didnt buy this console for it to break on me! haha

Not had any problems yet. Had it for 3 years now and it still has not succumed to the deadly ring of death. Just hope I don't jinx it now though! Mine is very noisy though, however I have found out now about loading games onto the hard-drive. I did it with Fifa 10 and now my console runs silently as it doesn't need to use the disc drive to run the game. Apparently this helps the console from breaking as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had 2 RRoD's and the second was my last. Sent it in (it was an older chipset)and as soon as it came back went right over to GameStop. I kept my old hard drive and traded the repaired unit and some accessories in, walked out with a new 360 (the new chipset, no RRoD prob) for 90$ US.